Losing weight via your tdee

Options
2»

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    The trouble I'm finding is that on days I don't exercise I struggle

This is the reason I began to eat my TDEE-15%. I wanted to just eat the same amount every day. I was usually consistent in my exercising weekly. And remember that TDEE also includes more than exercise - it's also daily activity (which, for me, usually bumps me up a level on Scooby).
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    3 weeks ago lol I thought the water retention would have gone by now though I do drink loads and try to up my protein

This kind of water retention isn't affected by drinking water. It is due to glycogen storage in your muscles. Personally, it took a month for the scale to start moving when I upped exercise before.
    You can give it another week or so, or make a slight adjustment downwards. I wouldn't do a huge cut.
    I'd also recommend having a good look at your logging habits.

Dam really? A month? Wow that's mad. I don't know what to do now do I change to working to a tdee deficit or do I keep doing what I'm doing and plug it out until my glycogen stores are better? Up until today I ate 1450 which is 1.5lbs weight loss plus half exercise cals. The trouble I'm finding is that on days I don't exercise I struggle

Just my two cents, but because you've made a fairly major switch from one method to another, I wouldn't make any goal changes for about 4-6 weeks from the time you started using TDEE.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    3 weeks ago lol I thought the water retention would have gone by now though I do drink loads and try to up my protein

This kind of water retention isn't affected by drinking water. It is due to glycogen storage in your muscles. Personally, it took a month for the scale to start moving when I upped exercise before.
    You can give it another week or so, or make a slight adjustment downwards. I wouldn't do a huge cut.
    I'd also recommend having a good look at your logging habits.

Dam really? A month? Wow that's mad. I don't know what to do now do I change to working to a tdee deficit or do I keep doing what I'm doing and plug it out until my glycogen stores are better? Up until today I ate 1450 which is 1.5lbs weight loss plus half exercise cals. The trouble I'm finding is that on days I don't exercise I struggle

That's why I changed too. I really like the TDEE method and it eliminates the need to try and figure out exercise calories, which is nice. You just have to make sure you stay consistent on a weekly basis with exercise.

If you are interested, try it, and just adjust the number if necessary after you see your results over 3-4 weeks.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Oh I've only changed it today hun I'm planning on doing another body combat session tomorrow do I stick to tdee now I changed it today or quickly go back to 1459 and eating half my cals
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    The trouble I'm finding is that on days I don't exercise I struggle

This is the reason I began to eat my TDEE-15%. I wanted to just eat the same amount every day. I was usually consistent in my exercising weekly. And remember that TDEE also includes more than exercise - it's also daily activity (which, for me, usually bumps me up a level on Scooby).

Then I think I shall do the same what we're your losses like with the tdee method?
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    I've also figured out that my iifym cals are nearly exactly the same as MFP if I log at 1lb loss I was thinking on weeks I can't get body combat in such as next week where I'll be walking on holiday will this still be OK to eat these cals