Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing weight via your tdee

2»

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    The trouble I'm finding is that on days I don't exercise I struggle

This is the reason I began to eat my TDEE-15%. I wanted to just eat the same amount every day. I was usually consistent in my exercising weekly. And remember that TDEE also includes more than exercise - it's also daily activity (which, for me, usually bumps me up a level on Scooby).
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    3 weeks ago lol I thought the water retention would have gone by now though I do drink loads and try to up my protein

This kind of water retention isn't affected by drinking water. It is due to glycogen storage in your muscles. Personally, it took a month for the scale to start moving when I upped exercise before.
    You can give it another week or so, or make a slight adjustment downwards. I wouldn't do a huge cut.
    I'd also recommend having a good look at your logging habits.

Dam really? A month? Wow that's mad. I don't know what to do now do I change to working to a tdee deficit or do I keep doing what I'm doing and plug it out until my glycogen stores are better? Up until today I ate 1450 which is 1.5lbs weight loss plus half exercise cals. The trouble I'm finding is that on days I don't exercise I struggle

Just my two cents, but because you've made a fairly major switch from one method to another, I wouldn't make any goal changes for about 4-6 weeks from the time you started using TDEE.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    3 weeks ago lol I thought the water retention would have gone by now though I do drink loads and try to up my protein

This kind of water retention isn't affected by drinking water. It is due to glycogen storage in your muscles. Personally, it took a month for the scale to start moving when I upped exercise before.
    You can give it another week or so, or make a slight adjustment downwards. I wouldn't do a huge cut.
    I'd also recommend having a good look at your logging habits.

Dam really? A month? Wow that's mad. I don't know what to do now do I change to working to a tdee deficit or do I keep doing what I'm doing and plug it out until my glycogen stores are better? Up until today I ate 1450 which is 1.5lbs weight loss plus half exercise cals. The trouble I'm finding is that on days I don't exercise I struggle

That's why I changed too. I really like the TDEE method and it eliminates the need to try and figure out exercise calories, which is nice. You just have to make sure you stay consistent on a weekly basis with exercise.

If you are interested, try it, and just adjust the number if necessary after you see your results over 3-4 weeks.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Oh I've only changed it today hun I'm planning on doing another body combat session tomorrow do I stick to tdee now I changed it today or quickly go back to 1459 and eating half my cals
  • leahcollett1
    The trouble I'm finding is that on days I don't exercise I struggle

This is the reason I began to eat my TDEE-15%. I wanted to just eat the same amount every day. I was usually consistent in my exercising weekly. And remember that TDEE also includes more than exercise - it's also daily activity (which, for me, usually bumps me up a level on Scooby).

Then I think I shall do the same what we're your losses like with the tdee method?
  • leahcollett1
    I've also figured out that my iifym cals are nearly exactly the same as MFP if I log at 1lb loss I was thinking on weeks I can't get body combat in such as next week where I'll be walking on holiday will this still be OK to eat these cals