WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Lisa on the ranch in TX- this is right on point.

"Back to the egg metaphor, "Just because you break one egg doesn't mean you throw the rest of the dozen on the floor and break them too." Just because you break a promise to yourself, it doesn't mean you've ruined your entire path. Just because you break your diet doesn't mean you have to break everything... grab another egg, people!"

Start each day anew! Why wait for Monday, or a new month or year? Just jump right in, right now, right here, today!

10 k steps this morning in neighborhood
    Pool - swim for 1 hr

Rosie (So Cal)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Hopefully it will go splendidly with husbands double-breasted suit!

The dress is great. Send us a picture when you are wearing it.

Janetr OKC
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon-had some bad storms come thur this am.Now the sun is out and it`s 89. and humid.They have pics on FB,about vacationing in Il in a canoe.We have had so much rain.The mosquitoes are terrible.
    needless to say,spend a lot of time in doors.
    Love the pics and reading the posts.
    Welcome new ladies.
    hugs jane
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning sweet ladies. Start of a new week and weigh in this morning was bad. No one to blame but myself. Have to get back on track and take care of me.No more excuses and feeling sorry for myself. Must eat more vegatables and fruit, less junk. The important thing is I am not giving up. I am working 6-5:30 today and then off tomorrow. It is to be upper 90's today, so glad I am inside. DH and I had a good talk last evening and I do feel better. I just have to remember to breath and not take on the world. Thanks for listening, sure do love you ladies.

Janetr--Your words helped. Thanks,

Rosie--My ideal day would be a day when I can sleep long as I want then just get up and do nothing, maybe read.

Barbie--I did go home and rest and went to bed early. Feel a lot better today. It doesn't hurt that I am not working or following the new supervisor.

Michelle--Did you get to talk to Bryan? Saw where you said you called him and he was on his way out. I agree with you, how bad would it of been if he would of taken 10 minutes to talk. HUGS!!

Gayle--Welcome, you have come to the right place.

I love looking thru photo books. I always take lots of pictures and I have been know to get doubles and give the person in the photo a copy. DH's uncle years ago told how he makes a list of the outside of the book about what is inside with dates and I have started to do that. I tell my DS that when I am old and in the home just make sure I have my photo books and I will be happy for months. Of course by then I may need a room just for them. But I do love the memories.

Sylvia--Glad you got home and were able to help SD. Funny about the stick shift. When I learned to drive my dad had a pickup with 3 speed on the colum. He filled the truck with gas and told me to come back when I learned to drive it, ran out of gas, or wrecked. We lived in the country.

Chris--Happy early birthday. What plans do you have to celebrate?

Katiebug--Great NSV with the clothes from CB.

Mary--Interesting, I hope it all works out and you get more then expected.

Annr--Love the dress.

Meg--Have missed you! Isn't this heat the pits??

Time to get some work done so I can get out of here at 5:30. Have a nice rest of the day.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,325 Member
    Options
    Annr - that dress is fabulous! Hope you can breathe in it! :flowerforyou: I tried on something similar, but couldn't bear being squeezed. But then I can't wear a bra or panty hose either. :ohwell: Not even keen on waistbands. The dress is purrrrfect for your vintage occasions. <3

Heather UK
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    FBarbie here and all is going well. I went over my daily allotment yesterday by less than 100 calories, so I'm not too freaked out about it. I missed my daily walk yesterday and obviously I needed it.
    I went out this morning with a couple of neighbors as usual. It was pretty hot and sticky, so we were only out for 35 minutes. One lady said we burn more calories when it's hot and the air is heavy. I'm not so sure about that. I'm sure I sweat more, but I still wouldn't say that 35 minutes on a hot day equals 45 on a nice day.
    One of my July goals:
    Keep increasing time to stretch and do PT. As I get older the stretch at the end is more important than ever.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I shall take a pic of the wiggle dress.....and the imput from the site said this dress is made for curvy women...*puts hand up* THATS ME....Now the issue of it hugging me in all the right places...the proof will be in the pudding I imagine! Going to try to find some cream heels (not too high though, I suck at walking...husband says I have to learn to wiggle!)..and also a matching clutch purse. My short hair is another story entirely though....Im thinking just a really pretty metal headband with dark blue jewels...but that is kind of "the flapper look"....
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I had the most wonderful day! Took the kiddies to swim lessons and when I took them back to the apartment, hubby was there with my son and the guy who delivered the sofa. They got it off the truck but it was up to me and hubby to get it upstairs. We got it in the elevator on it's end, then rolled it down the hall to the apartment. It has casters. At the fire door and the door to their apartment we had to tip it up on end to get it through. But we did it! It is now snugly located in the living room with three little people sitting on it. They just love it. It's amazing how happy little inexpensive things make them. This thing was $40! And it's in beautiful condition too. It's a sleeper, and the mattress was still in plastic and had never been used.

So, we left and I came to the studio to work my way through a MOUNTAIN of drafting that had been waiting for me (and weighing on my mind) for four days. And I got it all done. Boy, and I relieved about that. This was 11 jobs and there are 6 more coming this week, so this will be a good month for billing. That makes hubby happy, too.

So, now I'm relaxing before going to pick up DGD#2 for gymnastics lessons at 5:30.

The kids are going to spend the weekend with their mom on Friday. I'm scared to death, and so is my son. Fingers crossed that we will get them back on Sunday. They were telling me how excited they are to show their mom their new swimming skills. So cute. I had to bite my tongue to keep from saying horrible things about her. They haven't seen her in almost 2 years.

Well, I'm off to the Y. Have a great evening!

Sylvia
  • Annr
    edited July 2015
    Options
    :neutral:
  • Annr
    edited July 2015
    Options
    pics not showing up...just putting a smile until I figure out what I am doing wrong....
  • SelenaP63
    SelenaP63 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say hello. Many apologies for the extended absence. True confession - I've put on 6 of the 14 lbs I lost. Hope to get back on track someday before I die (tongue in cheek).

Dear friends,

This past month has been a Bizarro World rollercoaster. Getting the call from my DD that her hubby died was the beginning of the steep descent. Looking back and finding so many kind words, both in private messages and on the board, both from some of you I know and others who I didn't but have beautiful hearts, buoyed both she and I up. Thank you all.

He had been found dead in his truck with another fellow on a back country road during a work shift. His foot was on the brake and the truck was in drive. That's how fast cocaine laced with fentynyl can kill someone who makes a casual, seemingly harmless decision. He was an occasional user, it seems. Not anymore. The other fellow survived, but there have been several deaths in that area. Homicide is not off the table apparently, for the Asian drug gang responsible. Still, it was his choice.

Meanwhile, we moved closer to release date of our book. Rollercoaster going up, as I was invited to be a regular contributor for a blog and a magazine asked DH and me to write an article for their website.

Less than 3 weeks after DSIL was put in an urn, we got a phone call from DSD. DH's son OD'd, but was in ICU. Rollercoaster making quick turn and dive. Strange how this horrible news was actually a relief, given the fact that he had survived. Turns out he actually is an addict and had hijacked his wife's pain meds. The law frowns on this and after his release from hospital, was taken directly to jail. Still preferable to an urn. It feels like my emotions have been in a blender.

We continue to pack to move out of our home. Not knowing where we want to end up, we will put things in storage, but the not knowing does lend itself to a certain extra amount of stress. And cookies.

And tomorrow our book is being released. There will be a party and honestly, it should be such an exciting and happy time, but I'm emotionally exhausted. My life has taken on bipolar characteristics, what with the extreme highs and lows.

And so I've been absent. But I do adore you all and thank you again for being my DMPs (dear menopals for the newebies :) ).

A week after book launch, we should be moved out, officially nomads, and headed north for a book tour/vacation/time with DD until after first of Oct when our last book event is scheduled. Then we really must make a decision on where we shall live that doesn't include a car. And there you have it, more than you ever really wanted to know. Miss you, but without several cloned 'me's' to pack and clean and all those other demands on my time, the birds picked up the breadcrumbs leading back to this thread. It's a wonder I found my way back.

As a treat after the trauma of having to read such a pitiful tale, I've attached a photo of DS last night. Going to miss this place!

Hugs,
    Selena in Utah (for the minute)

If you want to read today's contribution entitled "Death Decorum - Don't Ask How", this is the link thesoulspa.net/?p=1077. Last month's is under Daily Life called "A Remarkable Life Do-Over".

Book info at 3000milestoeternity.com/

w2k1pg1it02z.jpg
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Selena - Wow!! You have really been through it. Kudos to you for keeping 8 lbs off!

Yes, you all read it correctly. Today was my first regular day back at work after the surgery. I was told by the doctor that I could go back after two weeks. Now, that being said, I managed only three hours before I asked my daughter to come get me. I was so fatigued that I was nauseated and feeling a bit like fainting. I will try again tomorrow. Tomorrow should go better since I won't be leaving home at 7 am to go to physical therapy before beginning the rest of my day. My PT didn't say much, but she acted concerned that I had been given permission to go back to work so early. She also said that I had had a LOT of repair work done. It will be 8 weeks before we even begin work on the bicep other than minor stretching. I was given a strong lecture about not doing ANYTHING with my left hand and completely resting the shoulder at all times other than when I'm doing my prescribed exercises. We also adjusted my sling a bit which helped. The girls are in the way of where my slimg should be.
    All in all, not the day I had hoped for, but the nap I had after work made me feel much better!

Katherine and I went to Bruegger Bagels for breakfast after my PT. I had checked the calories online and figured the treat into my day. However, I slipped up and bought some chocolate milk without checking the calories first. The milk had as many calories as my bagel and cream cheese!!!! :astonished: Not sure I'll make it within calories for the day, but trying to at least make it close.

I've read in bits and pieces today and have forgotten most (all) of what I wanted to comment on. :disappointed: I hope everyone has a great evening!

Carol in NC
  • Annr
    Options
    @SelenaP63 & @nccarolb (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) from this gal in Oregon.....sending you my special place
    001_zpsz2l1cosp.jpg
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Did SelenaP63 - I can't believe what you've been through - I'd probably have ended up in the hospital. I am Bipolar and all I can suggest is to get your MD to refer you to someone that he/she would go to if they had any problems. Whenever I have needed a referral, that is how I chose to word it.

I will no longer go to any in the SW GA area - I travel over 100 miles to see the one I go to. Long story, but extremely painful - but that MD found out that being 'bipolar' does NOT make one 'stupid'. As soon as I was able to get out from 5 in-and-out hospital stays after telling the first one to 'go to Hell' if he could not refer to me as "Mrs." (or at least my 'given' name); then I ended up with the DO from HELL! After 3 weeks of asking/telling her that I wanted to go home, I made the mistake of telling her, 'courtesy dictates that when someone is talking to you, you turn around and give them full attention'. WHOOPS wrong thing to say. She transferred me to an institution that is meant to 'house criminally insane people'. Thankfully, the MD that I was assigned to listened to me and quickly realized that she had not gotten me any medications to get me stable and she had transferred me there with an indication that I was on insulin. The first time they tried giving it to me, I asked what was in it. When she said, it's a shot of insulin and I told her that I was not diabetic. She asked me if I was refusing it and I told her again, "I'm NOT diabetic - put it in your records however you want and I will talk to the MD in the morning. Another long story.

When I got out, I wrote down 'everything' I could remembered happening and not being able to get my medical records from the hospital or even from the MD's office to get them to my own treating MDs. I took her before the Composite Board of Medical Examiners and she lost her position as soon as her contract ran out with the hospital. I figured that would 'hurt' her personally, more, because it would stay 'on her records' until she gave up the practice of medicine for all times. She can't move anywhere that it does not show up that she has been taken before the CBofME. I figured it was also better (for me) than suing the hospital and/or her. I've worked for attorneys all my working life with the exception of 3 years.

Well, the complaint got to the Investigative Board and I was called by the investigator to ask if I had received my medical records or had my MD. I told her 'no' and the last time I actually went to the hospital to try to get them, signed the release and soon there was a 'supervisor' who said there was a note on my file NOT to release them to me. I told her I had NOT asked that they be send to me; all I wanted was them to be released to my MD, so he could see what was going on and find me a MD (out-of-town) who would take me on as a patient and took Medicare and BC/BS - he found one in Macon and I have been going to him something like 6 years. I gave him the 5" binder in which I kept my information and he could read it over, and if he decided that I 'might' be a 'problem' patient he could let me know and we'd start over. He said he wanted to keep it to read and I'd come back in 2 weeks to start getting my cocktail of medications along with medications that other MDs had given to me, and why. When I got back to him, he could not believe ANY MD would have done that to me. Long story. I absolutely love my 'new' MD and although he has had to admit me into the hospital because my medications needed to be 'tweaked' - at least I did not get assaulted on a daily basis. He upped my Seroquel from 25mg to 800mg. At the lower dosage, I would have probably not gotten any better and might have ended up being hospitalized for the rest of my life.

If you 'think' you have bipolar tendencies - go to a 'good' understanding MD that you are comfortable with (not just your GP or OB/GYN - if they give you medication for that, they are crossing the lines of being qualified to do so). It might take you going to 2 or 3 different MDs - like an interview to find one that you are comfortable with. Just do it before that 'other' foot falls. It will probably do just that when you need to be strong. Personally, I prefer to be just one step towards manic that being on the fence or the other direction. I know better than anybody when my medications are tweaked right for me. One reason they call it 'practicing' medicine (or law)

I'm sorry you have had so much rough things occur to you in such a short period of time. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Lenora
  • Annr
    Options
    figuring out that photobucket can't load pictures from there, if you load them on that site putting them in your bucket..then making an album. So I have deleted all the albums on that site and they are mixed together in their darn "bucket".....grrr...
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Selena so sorry about brother-in-law. Love the Hummingbird feeder.

Michele (((Hugs))) My DS is giving me a few more gray hairs at the moment too.

Becca love the pics.

Thanks again for all your support over DS. He is now getting the help he needs. As he heals I hope I can guide him to make healthier choices.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • Annr
    Options
    Found this pic. Its of my now 16 yr old. Its Halloween and he found a uniform like his older brother wears...he was not in costume..(which he corrected when we said costume)....It just makes me smile.
    359_zpstzciiajf.jpg
  • Annr
    Options
    Sometimes when life is rocky, you do get your sealegs! My son on one of his many deployments, part of the ships Air Crew.
    IMG_0935_zpsxpsjbxuu.jpg
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Tuesday here and COLD. Breakfast was "Holiday in Jalasco" smoothie
    Going shopping and MUST finish list. Fish and chip treat on wharfe
    The 2 smoothies a day from Joe cross books going just fine and losing weight again
    Please do NOT try to copy my foods as they are weird
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I had asked for prayers a couple of weeks ago, today I found out that things did not go in my favor. I am extremely sad. I came home and walked/ran for 30 minutes before having dinner to relieve some stress. I think it helped. Onward...

Selena...I can't imagine what you are going thru, with such grace and dignity. You are a class act.

Chris in MA