instant fluctuations in tummy size n collar bones

Options

Replies

• shikhakaushal89
    shikhakaushal89 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    More than likely, you're over conscious about everything you're doing with weight loss. My advice is to quit comparing yourself to others because no one (with the exception of identical twins) has the same genetics as you.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Already know this dear... that was just an example... main problem was something else... anyways thanks
  • Nerakhate
    Nerakhate Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have IBS and bloat when it's aggravated. I can go from my current normal to looking like I'm 6 months pregnant in minutes-all on account of bloating. After much investigation with a diet journal I've discovered that my trigger is soy. If your bloating is also pretty crazy, you may have one or more specific food triggers that cause it. Nothing but time and detective work can identify the triggers, at least that's what it took for me :) I hope that helps. You might look up IBS and bloating and start to track if this is what's going on.

Also, I'm not in favor of telling a woman that I don't know that her concern is all in her head-come on peeps, really? Quite the contrary, I trust your instinct to know your body and to know when something seems off. Take heart <3
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    Nerakhate wrote: »
    I have IBS and bloat when it's aggravated. I can go from my current normal to looking like I'm 6 months pregnant in minutes-all on account of bloating. After much investigation with a diet journal I've discovered that my trigger is soy. If your bloating is also pretty crazy, you may have one or more specific food triggers that cause it. Nothing but time and detective work can identify the triggers, at least that's what it took for me :) I hope that helps.

Hmmm I need to trigger n check after eating mainly what foods my tummy expands... thanks dear :-)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    More than likely, you're over conscious about everything you're doing with weight loss. My advice is to quit comparing yourself to others because no one (with the exception of identical twins) has the same genetics as you.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Already know this dear... that was just an example... main problem was something else... anyways thanks
    So then why the comparison? In my profession, this is something I hear constantly from females (hardly from any males) who usually think that they need to do more to look like a peer or celebrity. When the comparison stops, the self consciousness usually does too.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• shikhakaushal89
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

So then why the comparison? In my profession, this is something I hear constantly from females (hardly from any males) who usually think that they need to do more to look like a peer or celebrity. When the comparison stops, the self consciousness usually does too.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Ok
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I wear two different sizes in pants depending on if I'm bloated or not. It's completely normal. I try to drink a lot of water and not go over board on sodium.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi all. M really pissed off of sudden fluctuations on my tummy size. I have lost good weight n m not an over weight heavy person anymore. Usually my tummy is intact n not flabby but whence I eat something in medium or small potions also, my tummy pops out. I wonder how easily n why it hppens.? It should not happen .. also I have seen girls on TV n celebrities how come their tummies never gets effected a bit. They always have flat tummies . M following a healthy n correct diet n I exercise also. Walk daily. But still my tummy gets effected easily. Also my collar bones. Sometimes they appear clearly n sometimes no trace of them. Is this a normal thing? Any remedies?
    Please no leg pulling, hilarious, demotivatimg n rude replies.
    M seriously looking for a good answer
    . :-(

To me, it sounds like you have some body dysmorphia, which means you are paying extra attention to body parts and not seeing them as they really are. I'd suggest speaking with a counselor about this.

As for the bold part, whether or not an answer fits into that description would be in your perception only. It sounds like you are looking for specific answers. ;)

If you truly have concerns that something is physically wrong, please pay a visit to the doctor.
  • shikhakaushal89
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I wear two different sizes in pants depending on if I'm bloated or not. It's completely normal. I try to drink a lot of water and not go over board on sodium.

Yup. I m thinking to keep a check on what makes my tummy expand more. Sodium can be a reason.. yes my water intake is a lil low. Will drink good amount of water now. I think that should help.. thanks a ton dear :-)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    you tummy pops out due to food in it.

collar bones due to lighting.

Is it normal?? And lighting?? I didn't get that.. I have seen people with consistent appearance of collar bones.but why not with me

Yes, it's normal that your stomach expands when food is in it, just like a balloon will expand when you add water. That is why most people look their best in the morning before food. The whole collar thing is due to lighting and genetics. Some people just lose weight around that area. It's all about genetics. You can't beat it.

I guess you are right. That collar bone thing seems to be genetical .

It really is. My collar bone showed when I was heavy, and it shows now that I'm at a healthy weight.

It really isn't good to compare our body structure, or yourself at all, to other people. :)
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Ever blow up a balloon? When you put air in the balloon gets bigger. Your stomach does the same.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    The whole collar bone obsession popped up in the 90s too and as a young girl, I was totally pulled into it. The thing I realized, is all of the glamor shots of females you see in the magazines and in ads - they're almost always taken with the shoulders drawn up and in, or twisted slightly because that's the "feminine" thing to do. Of course, with that posture, plus lighting, plus a little Photoshop, their collar bones are going to stick out in a major way. I stopped obsessing after that, because walking around with my shoulders turned and drawn in is weird and painful.
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Is it normal?? And lighting?? I didn't get that.. I have seen people with consistent appearance of collar bones.but why not with me

Yes, it's normal that your stomach expands when food is in it, just like a balloon will expand when you add water. That is why most people look their best in the morning before food. The whole collar thing is due to lighting and genetics. Some people just lose weight around that area. It's all about genetics. You can't beat it.

It really is. My collar bone showed when I was heavy, and it shows now that I'm at a healthy weight.

It really isn't good to compare our body structure, or yourself at all, to other people. :)

Ohhh god... I just made a mistake by mentioning the celebrity thing I guess. I am not comparing. Its just to illustrate that I m facing a problem n I want it the other way.i love collar boans..n I asked it clearly if its normal to have an expanded tummy n unclear collar beans. . I m not comparing. Flooded with comments like that. I m not comparing .
  • shikhakaushal89
    Options
    Hi all. M really pissed off of sudden fluctuations on my tummy size. I have lost good weight n m not an over weight heavy person anymore. Usually my tummy is intact n not flabby but whence I eat something in medium or small potions also, my tummy pops out. I wonder how easily n why it hppens.? It should not happen .. also I have seen girls on TV n celebrities how come their tummies never gets effected a bit. They always have flat tummies . M following a healthy n correct diet n I exercise also. Walk daily. But still my tummy gets effected easily. Also my collar bones. Sometimes they appear clearly n sometimes no trace of them. Is this a normal thing? Any remedies?
    Please no leg pulling, hilarious, demotivatimg n rude replies.
    M seriously looking for a good answer
    . :-(

To me, it sounds like you have some body dysmorphia, which means you are paying extra attention to body parts and not seeing them as they really are. I'd suggest speaking with a counselor about this.

As for the bold part, whether or not an answer fits into that description would be in your perception only. It sounds like you are looking for specific answers. ;)

If you truly have concerns that something is physically wrong, please pay a visit to the doctor.

Don't know what to say on your comment.. thanks anyways
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I don't really notice it after eating, actually....maybe it's the food you're eating? I stay away from things I know bloat me
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Ohhh god... I just made a mistake by mentioning the celebrity thing I guess. I am not comparing. Its just to illustrate that I m facing a problem n I want it the other way.i love collar boans..n I asked it clearly if its normal to have an expanded tummy n unclear collar beans. . I m not comparing. Flooded with comments like that. I m not comparing .

and its also not a 'problem'
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You have normal bloating.
    As far as the responses, I find the only person who is getting snarky, is you.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    So, it's called bloating. It can be made worse by certain foods if you have a sensitivity/allergy to them (like gluten or dairy) or by eating a lot of sodium. Honestly, though, eat anything and your stomach will look a bit different; where exactly do you think the food goes...? The average person puts on 3-5lbs during the day from food, water, waste etc. And all of that tends to happen in the belly area.

Collarbones, likely lighting based. As in, you see them sometimes when the light is overhead, but not necessarily with natural (sunshine) lighting or so on.

Also, neither of these are really things to look like you're potentially having a minor melt down over, which I'm forced to assume you are because your spelling and grammar are atrocious there, and I'm really attempting to give you the benefit of the doubt that you really are 25 and understand basic bodily functions.

I was thinking the same thing.

OK. So according to you age matters a lot. The bigger this number is the more knowledgeable one becomes. Every 60 year old knows everything about body functioning and every teenage must be stupid with no knowledge... OK I got it...

are you hangry OP?

Nope dear.infact I am a bit relieved now. Fitness weight n all physical things can still get amended anytime . But there exists people with bigger challenges. I wish some app comes up like mymentalpal or mymaturepal where people can learn to speak politely , think rationally ;-) this is not the first time , I posted some queries before also, leaving the main thing people here started insulting me because of my grammatical errors and were comparing my age with level of qs .... these people turn out to demotivate even more..
    Between what does OP stands for? Sorry Idk

I am glad you are relieved. I also think that when claiming that everyone needs to be positive and not negative in this thread, I would say that applies to you as well. I find a good number of replies in this thread to be rude as well.

I'm glad you got your answer. Good luck to you.

That's really strange... I m.polite to everyone here... don't know what made you think that wayi.. seriously.... I replied to every comment nicely... please dont say I m negative...

Really?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Are extremely visible collar bones supposed to be attractive? I'm a bit older, and on older women, lots of collarbone makes women seems overthin and gaunt.

As far as the tummy thing -- celebrities often fast and go on extreme diets before big events like award shows, or they wear extremely powerful support undergarments. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have made jokes about them whenever they have hosted shows. Women who are not celebrities eat real food all day and might have a little tummy by the end of the day.
  • shikhakaushal89
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nerakhate wrote: »
    I have IBS and bloat when it's aggravated. I can go from my current normal to looking like I'm 6 months pregnant in minutes-all on account of bloating. After much investigation with a diet journal I've discovered that my trigger is soy. If your bloating is also pretty crazy, you may have one or more specific food triggers that cause it. Nothing but time and detective work can identify the triggers, at least that's what it took for me :) I hope that helps. You might look up IBS and bloating and start to track if this is what's going on.

Also, I'm not in favor of telling a woman that I don't know that her concern is all in her head-come on peeps, really? Quite the contrary, I trust your instinct to know your body and to know when something seems off. Take heart <3
    Thanks for heart :-)
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    FYI, you might want to watch out for the random flagging and make sure the posts are actually against forum rules.
This discussion has been closed.