From 350 lbs to 220 lbs (Progress photo)

Options
runfoorun
runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
Although I'm currently struggling with progress I wanted to share where I'm currently at. Since the before photo taken in about 2009 I've completed multiple half marathons, marathons, four 50k trail runs, three 50 mile trail run, and 100 mile trail run. It's always a struggle but it's important to remember that all the little successes add up to big things.

I started keeping a blog of my race reports. I hope to add more substance to it regarding my journey to health and into ultra running. Check it out if interested. http://runfoorun.blogspot.com/
f9pz6gtkwsqg.jpg

Replies

• andygcc30
    andygcc30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow you look so different one day I will post photos like this inspirational
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :) Im the female version of you with the weight and coke in my hand and I hope to be the healthier version as well.
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It's true, you look incredible :)
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wish that my patients were all like you. That is some great effort. Love the fact that you didn't just try to bulk out on muscle and worked lean muscle definition.
  • runfoorun
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @andygcc30 @Navallez you'll get there. My progress was super slow cause I slipped up a lot but all the smart choices added up over time. Keep chipping away at it! @shank35l and @swiftyoung, Thank you so much!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great transformation!
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • runfoorun
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank you @chesnity3 and @flowerhouse :)
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Impressive transformation! I started at 336 and my goal is also 220, 89 lbs to go. Thanks for sharing. In addition to running I assume you did quite a bit of strength training.
  • sprylady
    sprylady Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What a transformation. From coke lifting to weightlifting. What an amazing story and super amazing dedication.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Very nice work! You should be very proud of yourself!!!
  • nhm724
    nhm724 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome!
  • gizmosmom02
    gizmosmom02 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Any tips/advice?
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Impressed brother! I actually want to look like you but I'm coming from the other side of the spectrum haha
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Great work! You are truly an inspiration.
  • jujuja
    jujuja Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am truly inspired and impressed!
  • YolliB2014
    YolliB2014 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    OMG what a change and great advice. I'm just starting to show a little bit of progress with a LONG way to go but I'll keep chipping away at it no matter what. Big High Five to you!!!
  • dexxii
    dexxii Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are definitely a role model for the life-changing effects of a healthy lifestyle!! B)
  • Fitness_110
    Fitness_110 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is an incredible transformation! Keep it up!
  • lpatriquin
    lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just read your blog... what an inspiration you are! You should be so proud. Thank you for sharing your story. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!