Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Did my second sprint triathlon over the weekend. I improved my time by over 20 minutes in just 6 weeks!
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    I maxed out my squat at 255# last night!

Which is HUGE for me. Squats are a big mental game, I psych myself out every time. Last night I just decided I could do it. Great confidence booster as I've been eating and feeling like crud lately. Might be the motivation I needed.

Prior to this, a few weeks ago my max was 235, and I missed depth at my attempt at 245. Last night I hit 245 for two solid reps. Woo!
  • 7Tamara7
    7Tamara7 Posts: 9 Member
    jenmovies wrote: »
    7Tamara7 wrote: »
    -
    What an epic post. Awesome and congrats!!!

Thank you! :smile:
  • 7Tamara7
    7Tamara7 Posts: 9 Member
    bob108819 wrote: »
    Awesome post, makes me want to go back and read this entire thread too!

My NSV is that I recently started swimming 2-3 times a week, and in a fairly short time I've gone from barely making it 50 meters without stopping and catching my breath to doing 100 meters at a time with flip turns (ugly, completely wrong flip turns, but still) and improving my form, breathing, and kicking drastically. Swam for an hour this morning and am really starting to feel the benefits of it.

Thank you, and congrats to you as well! :smile:

• casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    I've been beating myself up since my scales says zilch, notta, nothing, no change lately. I just got back from a funeral and a girl I hadn't seen in a while said "I didn't recongnize you, you look different, like smaller, a lot smaller". I told her I had on flats and she said "no, you've always been short (thanks!), you've lost a lot of weight". No but thanks anyways!!!
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Hat tip to another MFP member for pointing this out, but yesterday I realized that I've crossed below the lie weight I've told the driver's licensing office for many, many, years.

I'll be at my goal weight later this year. It'll be a pleasure to renew next time.
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    I can now fit in Size medium shirts , a little snug at the waist as I have big love handles. Cant wait to get rid of these *kitten*.
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    I must be imagining things but when I look in the mirror sometimes i see what might be cheekbones? Good god it's been a long time. If that's you, welcome back! I hope you stay for a long time
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Hat tip to another MFP member for pointing this out, but yesterday I realized that I've crossed below the lie weight I've told the driver's licensing office for many, many, years.

I'll be at my goal weight later this year. It'll be a pleasure to renew next time.

Oh, wow! I just read this and went to get my driver's license to look at it. My highest weight was 230 when I started this process, and my "lie weight" was 220 on my license. On Sunday, I weighed in at 190!!!! Not only am I 40 pounds down now, I am 30 pounds under my "lie weight"!!!!!

Congrats to you and a hat tip to you as well. Thanks for posting this, this has made my day!! :)

• mwyvr
    @LaceyBirds my pleasure. Thank @wishiwasarunner for the idea!

How many of us had lie-weights on our drivers licenses I wonder!
  • aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member

I just pulled both of mine out to check! Luckily PA never listed a weight or it would have been way off! I've lived in CA for the past few months and this is when I've lost all my weight. I am 2 lbs away from being at the weight on my CA license though! That was a 30 lb lie!!
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    I had to buy some new clothes today since my summer clothes are getting really baggy. I tried on a medium shirt, and it was too big - I had to get a small! EEEEK!!! It's been 10 years since I've been a size small! Granted, the shirt is a bigger make since all my other shirts are a medium. But I'm taking advantage to be excited!!! B)
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    I didn't give up after two days this time!
  • mwyvr
    mabernier wrote: »

E X C E L L E N T !!!

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Took my kids to a Amusement Park today and I was able to go on the rides with them.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Work pants can no longer be worn, falling off even though they are stretchy
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    mabernier wrote: »

Victory indeed!!!

I'm slowly moving into maintenance (leaving on a six week backpacking trip next week, during which I hope to maintain since I don't have so much to lose). So because I'm stalling I did not really measure lately. Took measurements today, turns out I lost 7 cm (2.7 inch) across 4 measurement points in 4 weeks!

• RunThatWayRDH
    RunThatWayRDH Posts: 3 Member
    Ran 4.5 miles! Have been struggling with injuries so getting back to 3+ miles feels incredible.
  • northdog
    northdog Posts: 43 Member

I listed my DL weight as 20 lbs. under my real weight at the time. I thought if I listed 50 or 60 lbs. less, I might get the side eye from the clerk.

I'm now 20 lbs. under my DL weight.

• futuremommyt
    futuremommyt Posts: 26 Member
    May not be a NSV per se, but I stopped logging for the last two months or so and only gained a pound. I know, it's not the same as maintaining or losing, but I guess I've started to ingrain in myself the fact I can't pig out, that I should have really sensible breakfasts and lunches, etc.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!