What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• jackstraw67201
    jackstraw67201 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    4:10am Sound asleep. Started to scratch my stomach, felt something hard and "odd". it was my rib..
  • BlxxdtheFrxxk
    BlxxdtheFrxxk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today I zipped up my coat without having to lift it up to mid belly to start it and then pulling it down over my hips. I started it at my hips without having to squeeze! Kind of confusing but it's something I'm very self concious of.
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just ran for 35 minutes without a breather. 40 min total workout time, including my warm up, for 3.6 miles in total at an average pace of 11.05 min/mile. Pleased with myself.
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    The cut in my upper arm is becoming more apparent. I can't wait, I used to have really nice looking toned arms.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I took a walk today with a friend I have known since I was 15yrs old so he has known me through all weights...100lbs at 15, 199 a year ago and everything in between. He hadn't seen me in person in the last 5 months or so, mostly due to weather and he travels quite a bit for his job. I have lost probably about 20lbs since the last time we saw each other and I have also started working on toning. His jaw dropped when I got out of my car.

On part of the walk there was a bit of a muddy are and he just picked me up like it was nothing and carried me over it. 6 months ago I would have been worried that he would have hurt himself doing that but he didn't give me a choice today, He just leaned over and swooped me up. When I asked him if he was OK when he put me down he said "why? you don't weigh more than a minute".
  • Esabettie
    Esabettie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I run 5K for the first time! 40 minutes, but still, I'm very happy.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    lsgibbs83 wrote: »
    When I asked him if he was OK when he put me down he said "why? you don't weigh more than a minute".

Love this!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    4:10am Sound asleep. Started to scratch my stomach, felt something hard and "odd". it was my rib..
    LOVE THIS!
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    1971MLJ wrote: »
    Did my favourite walk in The Lake District (UK) at Easter. The first part normally takes about 1h40mins with at least two stops because it's so steep and I am so out of breath, I'm also usually shattered half way round the walk back. This year I did the first part in 38 mins with no stops at all and completed the rest of the walk with energy to spare. I was a very happy lady indeed that day.

Nice work! I've been to the Lake District (in 2011) and there are some very steep walks!!

My NSV relates to walking too. I went for bushwalks on Friday and Saturday. Two things are NSVs. The first is that my boots fit, and the second is that I felt really good as I did not have to stop to catch my breath and my balance is much better than it was a year ago (and after losing 29kg).
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my profile, but I'll post here, too! I went bridesmaid dress shopping today, and before going I was terrified about being humiliated because the other bridesmaids are teeny tiny, and I was sure nothing was going to fit me. So the first dress we tried on was form fitted and regular sized (no plus sizes available), and I was blushing at the thought of having to say I was too big, but, lo and behold, it zipped right up! I might have done a little dance in the dressing room.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Last week, I went to buy new uniform pants, because the 2XL I've had for several years have
    been taken in as far as I can and they're starting to slip too far down my hips.
    I fit into a medium now.
    Granted, it's a bit tight, but probably by the time boating season rolls around they'll be
    just fine.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Today I went to the annual meeting for a group I'm a member of, and 2 guys said they didn't
    recognize me when I walked in. They hadn't seen me since last years' meeting, and I'm down
    close to 80 lb from back then.
    Another guy was telling the people at his table that I've lost a lot of weight.
    They all agreed that I look great.
    And the president of the organization just said that he'd noticed, but just didn't get a chance
    to say something to me at the meeting.
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I decided yesterday to go and use the outdoor gym at the local park. This morning I dropped the little one at nursery which is located on the park and then went and used the gym. I thought I would back out but I didn't.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I was at Goodwill and picked up a super cute skirt in the large section. Before I put it on, I realized it was a medium. I thought I'd still get it and just have to work my way into it, but I put it on and it fit! Also, it's pleated all the way around. Before, my butt would stick out way too much in that style, but it didn't look like that at all! Now, I just need a place to wear it!!

I love so many of these posts! I'm so glad this thread has taken a life of it's own. It's so motivating! All victories matter, no matter how small!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    12 mile run (without stopping) on Saturday, 22 miles on the bicycle on Sunday. When I first started this, I could barely walk the block and after riding a mile, I thought I was going to die!
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used to eat sugar and candy all day every day... But I'm on day four with no processed sugar, and I feel great. Also realised yesterday that I'm now able to function without emotional eating! :D
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a new speed bag for my workout room - wore out the old one!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    The scale has consistently gone down each week for weigh in day, im struggling sometimes working in healthy habits but im trying really hard!
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have two! 1) This weekend at Zumba I was getting annoyed that I had to keep pulling up my pants nonstop because they were falling off- it dawned on me that my workout clothes are now too big! 2) I keep staring at myself today in every reflective surface that I walk by- my stomach/waist is so much smaller.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!