What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Men's size 40 slacks that I bought for work without trying them on. They were WAY too small compared to my other size 40 pants. They continued to get even smaller as I grew to a size 44. I could barely even get them up to my hips at one point.

Since all of my other size 40 work pants are now falling off if I don't wear a belt, I decided to try them on for the first time in almost two years. I can't zip them up all the way just yet, but I can totally button them at the top.

Ten, or twenty pounds more, and they'll hopefully be falling off also.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    My muffin top has become a mini-muffin! And I can see that vertical line in my abs for the first time in awhile! (I keep pulling up my shirt and looking at it in the mirror, LOL) What a poser!
  • funkifiknow
    funkifiknow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A vendor brought in cookies today... and he brought in a veggie tray. No one has ever brought in a veggie tray :) I only ate the veggies!
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I was cleaning the bathroom and found a bottle of ibuprofen and one of antacid. haven't used either in 6 weeks. I was eating 4 800 mg Ibu a day for joint pain and 6-8 antacids a night for reflux.

This must be what healthy feels like
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    twrobbel wrote: »
    my workout clothes are now too big! .

I'm more if an elliptical girl than treadmill girl, but was on the tm and I could hear my girls slap my belly -- time for new workout gear. And I ended up buying a C. Wayyyy over a decade since my last C.

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Was doing jump ropes this morning and my heart rate monitor started sliding down. Never done that before. So had to readjust the strap
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Ran 5k without stopping!!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I booked a 6am workout class because I will be going out tomorrow night and can't make it to the gym after work when I usually go. I still don't believe this mythical time of day exists, but I suppose I will find out in the morning. :s
  • Sacha3071
    Sacha3071 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For kicks I tried on my old highschool prom dress. To my amazement I found that I fit better in it now than I did when I first wore it. =) Still got quite a bit to go but I'm really liking these little things.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Today I went out for "coffee and cake" with my team at work and avoided all the calorific treats and had a peppermint tea instead. And I didn't spend the whole time wishing I was eating a donut!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    I booked a 6am workout class because I will be going out tomorrow night and can't make it to the gym after work when I usually go. I still don't believe this mythical time of day exists, but I suppose I will find out in the morning. :s

Waiting for a report back to see if it does exist. :wink:
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    jenmovies wrote: »

Waiting for a report back to see if it does exist. :wink:

I did it! I left my house at 5.40am, walked to the gym, did my first crossfit class, and walked home! Which is my NSV for TODAY. :smiley: I don't think I'll do it again, just not for me, but I'm super proud of being able to get up and get there.

• meg_balh
    meg_balh Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Being able to wear LARGE scrubs to work instead of 2XL :smiley:h4xpup0196vp.jpg
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tested my kettle bell snatches for the upcoming Tactical Strength Challenge on April 11. I have a goal of 150 snatches with a 12 kg kettle bell in 5 minutes. Today, without really pushing myself, I was able to do 142. I don't think 150 will be hard to do in a couple weeks, and am now thinking I may even be able to do a few more!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Started a new job Monday, and due to the hours I have the choice of either going to the gym
    first thing in the morning (being there by 7), or mixing with the after-work crowd (after 6pm).
    I hate crowds, so I've gone in the morning. I am NOT a morning person, but I did it.

I'm hoping that by the time the weather gets nicer I'll have my bicycle in working order, so
    my exercise for the days I work will be riding to/from (total just over 10 miles, probably a
    bit over an hour given the hills).
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Made peanut butter cookies today.
    Didn't taste or nibble any of the cookie dough!! Yay me!!
  • inchwormbyinchworm
    inchwormbyinchworm Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I wish all of these had a "like" button. Too bad it would be annoying if I quoted and congratulated every NSV that I think is awesome.
  • LaceyRuth
    LaceyRuth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I ran a mile in under 10 minutes for the first time in my life today- 9:51!
    Also, I had gotten into the habit of buying clothes too big for me to give the illusion that I was smaller, so now NONE of my clothes I used to love fit me well. I look like a child.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Pants are looser without any scale change. Also I passed up a free package of Nutella and cookie sticks.
  • mudmonkeyonwheels
    mudmonkeyonwheels Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Did my first mountain bike race in ages and didn't completely die! I wasn't fast but I was fit enough. Onwards and upwards.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!