5'6 women what is your goal weight/measurements

Replies

• Fannyshiz
    Fannyshiz Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    I am 5'7" and currently 176 down from 200. I am trying to get down to 160. In my adult life, I've never been less than 155/size 8 and I think I looked a little too thin then! I am very curvy. 160 will hopefully be the perfect balance for me.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    edited July 2015
    5' 6" and my goal is about 145-150. Even 155 is a good place for me. Ill re-assess when I get there.
    Based on past experience my hips will never budge below 40-41 inches.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    5'5.5 gw 126 lbs I've been stuck at my current weight for a year!
  • kmlr64
    kmlr64 Posts: 14 Member
    I'm 5'5 and currently 70kg, wanting to get down to 60kg at least and then see how I feel from there. I've been around this weight for majority of my teenage/early adult years (20 years old now) so I have no idea how my body will look with a little less weight. I'm also pear shaped so I hold a lot of my weight in my legs and have always had a fairly flat stomach (up until just over a month ago when I weighed in at 75.6kg, that's when I knew I needed to make changes!)
  • santanethy
    santanethy Posts: 6 Member
    5ft 6 and my current goal weight us to get to 133lbs, which is 9.5 stone. Started at 146lb and currently 140. I've tried for years to lose weight and it just hasnt happened. This is the longest i have recorded food though so it must be working. Also bought a Fitbit to help but only had a couple of weeks. I used to be between 8.5-9.3 stone in my college years.
  • mbanks123
    mbanks123 Posts: 117 Member
    Im 5"8 and started this at 144 lbs. My current goal is 133 lbs but the final goal is 119. Don't know if that will be realistic once I start toning up though!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Im 5'6", currently 192#. My goal is 160. I'm comfortable there and was a size 7 there last time (prior to children though, so that may change!).
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    I'm currently at 163 and my goal weight is 140-145.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    LLNN122 wrote: »
    5'7, 117lbs at this moment aiming for 110lbs

You should stop trying to lose and recomp. Yikes. I support people who want healthy goals--yours is risking osteoporosis.

UGH, sorry to be responding for you @MayaEmProject but I hate when people do this. If someone is eating healthy, exercising and eating a sufficient amount of calories don't tell them that their goal would cause osteoporosis. Unless someone has an eating disorder then I don't think they risk it.
    Different body types can handle different types of weight.
    My normal weight was about 110 before I gained weight and I was healthy without osteoporosis.

I support any level of rational fat loss within the bounds of healthy weight. :) She's ALREADY underweight.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    5'7, 117lbs at this moment aiming for 110lbs

You should stop trying to lose and recomp. Yikes. I support people who want healthy goals--yours is risking osteoporosis.

UGH, sorry to be responding for you @MayaEmProject but I hate when people do this. If someone is eating healthy, exercising and eating a sufficient amount of calories don't tell them that their goal would cause osteoporosis. Unless someone has anorexia then I don't think they risk it.
    Different body types can handle different types of weight.
    My normal weight was about 110 before I gained weight and I was healthy without osteoporosis.

At 5'7" and 110 pounds puts MayaEm at a BMI of 17.2, which is well into the underweight category. Even at 117 pounds she's already considered underweight. I would tread lightly on giving advice to someone who doesn't seem to be heading down a safe path.

You are right I was definitely not giving advice (just an opinion).. I missed the 5'7 part. But at about 5'6 I was 110 lbs which is considered underweight. Even at 5'5 and 110 lbs it is still considered underweight according to BMI. However at 110 I had less health problems than I have at 150. And the health problems I am having are usually caused by weight gain. I just think "normal" weight is different for everyone.
    When I weighed 110 I was "skinny shamed" by people telling me I was too skinny. But I was healthy and that is what is the most important thing in the end.

Anyway this is a forum and all advice should be taken with a grain of salt, consulting with a Dr for serious things is important.

Fat-free mass is important for health. The less fat-free mass you have, below a certain threshold, the more likely you are to die from any type of medical insult--cancer or heart problems or an infection. You're also more likely to get sick in the first place and suffer from osteoporosis.

If you're 110lbs and feel fat, I'd suggest gaining some muscle (that healthy FFM!) while keeping your fat percentage in the safe range of 15% or above (fat mass is important to women, too!) I know that MFP glorifies REALLY low body fat, and if you're doing it for 3 competitions a year, you're probably safe dipping down that low, but really, fat mass and fat free mass are BOTH important to your health!

If you're sickER at 150lbs, it might be that you still had fairly low fat-free mass PLUS too much fat mass. :) Nice thing is that body composition is something you can totally change!
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    128-135ish.
  • Haleycz496
    Haleycz496 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is between 130-140lbs. I was 135lbs when I graduated high school, so I'm wanting to get back to that since I'm graduating college in December! About 30-40lbs to lose!
  • just4me123456
    just4me123456 Posts: 35 Member
    I currently weigh 137 with a 26.75" waist, 35" hips. I'm aiming for 130 or 26" waist, which ever comes first.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    wow at first I thought my goal weight might be too high compared to everyone! My goal is 150 lbs from there I will see how I feel. When I got married I weighed 120 lbs but when I look back at pictures I think I look way too thin.

I think our weight is just a number...it's how we feel that is important. So while I realize a goal weight is helpful my true goal is to feel and look healthy.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    edited July 2015
    I currently weigh 137 with a 26.75" waist, 35" hips. I'm aiming for 130 or 26" waist, which ever comes first.

Those were my measurements when I graduated high school...but I weighed 120.....I don't think I'll ever see those numbers again. Having babies changed my body! Plus I can't fight genetics! LOL
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    I'm 130 right now. I used to be 124 for years, so I'm trying to get back to that weight. I remember wanting to be 120 lbs back when I was 124 lbs, but it was really hard for me to maintain
  • just4me123456
    just4me123456 Posts: 35 Member

Those were my measurements when I graduated high school...but I weighed 120.....I don't think I'll ever see those numbers again. Having babies changed my body! Plus I can't fight genetics! LOL

Haven't had babies but I'm 46 (!). lol Started at 160, 30" waist and 38" hips 2 years ago. Lost about 25 pounds and have been at 136-138 for over a year, so this might be my weight.
  • amazinglyjae
    amazinglyjae Posts: 49 Member
    Bump
  • niajones95
    niajones95 Posts: 59 Member
    I'm nearly 5'7 but my goal is probably 10st 3lbs - 143lbs or 9st 12lbs - 138lbs. I'd like to go lower but I'm really worried of how my boobs would look, also the excess skin I might get as I was heavily overweight for a good few years :s