Could low-rise jeans have changed my body shape?

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just in case, I am going to wear nothing but compression clothing.

And a codpiece.

You'll see.
  • NordicLifter78
    NordicLifter78 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

And a codpiece.

You'll see.

Egads! You'll compress yourself into a black hole!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

And a codpiece.

You'll see.

:laugh:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    you guys really shouldn't be so mean about it....for all we know she could be the type that when feeling overwhelmed or overloaded, causes her a certain amount of social anxiety, a real need to "clamp up"....while the rest of them may be haters, I get you guuurl, I get you \m/
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    you guys really shouldn't be so mean about it....for all we know she could be the type that when feeling overwhelmed or overloaded, causes her a certain amount of social anxiety, a real need to "clamp up"....while the rest of them may be haters, I get you guuurl, I get you \m/

white-knight-3.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

white-knight-3.jpg

I feel like some things are going over your head.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

white-knight-3.jpg

Perhaps if clamp up was italicized versus in quotes...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

white-knight-3.jpg

I feel as though you don't know when I am serious or not. Maybe you haven't seeing the many times I refer to MFP forums as The Twilight Zone.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

white-knight-3.jpg

Perhaps if clamp up was italicized versus in quotes...

maybe if elimination had been done the same way too...
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    If you think jeans can do that....you should head over to the corset thread. You're the scientific proof they've been waiting for.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    Soon to be followed by a "Could high-waisted jeans have changed my cameltoe shape?" thread
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

white-knight-3.jpg

I feel as though you don't know when I am serious or not. Maybe you haven't seeing the many times I refer to MFP forums as The Twilight Zone.

Nice save ??
  • PikaKnight
    Options

white-knight-3.jpg

Nice save ??

• PikaKnight
    Options
    Soon to be followed by a "Could high-waisted jeans have changed my cameltoe shape?" thread

• tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Come on guys, time to cut the crap. ;)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh. And I got put in jail for commenting for someone's spelling.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    I feel like those low-rise are to blame.

Only if you were eating placenta at the time.

Of course, it's very nutritious.

DavPul wrote: »
    If you thought what the jeans did to your hips was bad, wait till you see the affect your screen name has on your personality

Wow like using a muscle every day for regular bowel movements has any effect on my personality. It might make me happier than an irritated, ignorant man trying to poorly insult me over a muscle. BRAVO

Wow. Seems he called it. :laugh:

Yep! :smiley:

• batswarm
    batswarm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Actually, my hip dip changes location when fashions change. When jeans rode high and underwear was high-cut too, my hip dip was higher. When low-rise was in, my hip dip was lower. Now that my jeans are cut more towards the middle, even though my undies are low-cut, I have a double hip dip - a shallow dip halfway up and another shallow dip a bit below it. It's far from permanent, though the longer you wear a clothing item, the longer it takes for your form to fill back out to normal.

For another example, there is a woman who was in the Guinness Book of World Records for awhile (and might still be) for having an incredibly tiny waist. She wore her corset 23 hours a day and only removed it for bathing, so even when it was off, she still held the same exaggerated hourglass shape. On the other hand, I only wore a corset occasionally and my XS waist size post-corset only held for a couple hours before returning to my normal S.

This isn't to say that your genetics, diet, and activity level do not have an effect. They do - usually much more, and far more permanent, of an effect.

Still, modern research on clothing styles considered, just say no to skinny jeans. One of many examples: http://www.medicaldaily.com/fashion-victim-tight-pants-experiences-nerve-and-muscle-damage-medical-conditions-339398
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    batswarm wrote: »
    Actually, my hip dip changes location when fashions change. When jeans rode high and underwear was high-cut too, my hip dip was higher. When low-rise was in, my hip dip was lower. Now that my jeans are cut more towards the middle, even though my undies are low-cut, I have a double hip dip - a shallow dip halfway up and another shallow dip a bit below it. It's far from permanent, though the longer you wear a clothing item, the longer it takes for your form to fill back out to normal.

For another example, there is a woman who was in the Guinness Book of World Records for awhile (and might still be) for having an incredibly tiny waist. She wore her corset 23 hours a day and only removed it for bathing, so even when it was off, she still held the same exaggerated hourglass shape. On the other hand, I only wore a corset occasionally and my XS waist size post-corset only held for a couple hours before returning to my normal S.

This isn't to say that your genetics, diet, and activity level do not have an effect. They do - usually much more, and far more permanent, of an effect.

Still, modern research on clothing styles considered, just say no to skinny jeans. One of many examples: http://www.medicaldaily.com/fashion-victim-tight-pants-experiences-nerve-and-muscle-damage-medical-conditions-339398

Yes, a real steel boned corset can change your shape. But it is exerting far more pressure than a pair of jeans or underwear will. And it is not moving the fat, it can actually cause the organs to shift. It's not the same thing.
    I have a hip dip. I have never worn jeans tight around my hips. I can't stand them feeling plus, because of my build, my jeans are usually too large in the waist to fit my legs.

Your article even says skinny jeans are safe if worn property. The woman in the case study had a pair on so tight they restricted blood flow.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    This is the result of years of style changes. From short socks to long socks, leg warmers, hot shorts, low rise and high rise pants, tight tops of varying reveals, headbands even, and maybe some bracelets?

Michelin-Man-Bibendum-e1331172325227.jpg