Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• saraherren
    saraherren Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    saraherren wrote: »
    I have such a severe loss of appetite that I have to force myself to eat and am stuck eating only 250-270 calories a day.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sick or depressed? I sometimes have a huge loss of appetite too. Is there any way you can maybe get in more calories via fluids? Perhaps adding some honey or cream to tea or drinking a lot of juice?

I'm neither sick nor depressed. My mom and I think it's mainly because my stomach shrank greatly after losing 80 pounds so I never get hungry. :/ I only drink water. No sodas in well over a year and no Starbucks in almost a year (one year on the 28th!). I don't have diabetes but I don't drink juice because of the sugar level.

If it is not too personal, may I ask what path you took to lose the 80lbs? It is concerning that your intake is so low. Are you maintaining your weight on what you have been taking ing?

I lost weight the right way. No fad diets, pills, etc. because those are just scams and don't work long term (however I did watch my carb intake). No fast food or Starbucks (those aren't even 'food' and have way too many unnecessary calories and ingredients). Just real, whole, unprocessed foods. Three meals a day. Even when I was losing weight I never got hungry but forced myself to eat my 3 meals. I've been maintaining my weight since mid-January.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I have such a severe loss of appetite that I have to force myself to eat and am stuck eating only 250-270 calories a day.
    I'm sorry to hear that. Are you sick or depressed? I sometimes have a huge loss of appetite too. Is there any way you can maybe get in more calories via fluids? Perhaps adding some honey or cream to tea or drinking a lot of juice?

I'm neither sick nor depressed. My mom and I think it's mainly because my stomach shrank greatly after losing 80 pounds so I never get hungry. :/ I only drink water. No sodas in well over a year and no Starbucks in almost a year (one year on the 28th!). I don't have diabetes but I don't drink juice because of the sugar level.
    One time I couldn't eat much and my doctor gave me Ensure, so maybe you should look into that. It's supposed to be chock full of calories and vitamins.

I'm gonna hopefully see a doctor either tomorrow or Friday because I know eating this little is not healthy. I was eating around 700-800 when I was losing weight (reached my goal weight in January). I think a big reason is I'm scared of eating too much and gaining all of the weight back that I lost. There have been only about 7-10 days in the last 6 months (not in a row) where I have eaten plenty of calories.
    Seeing the doctor is the right thing to do. Were you eating 700-800 calories under a doctor's supervision? 700-800 sounds way too little to me. Treat yourself well, get some help and try to work your way up calories wise. :) I used to have an eating disorder so I know it's hard to overcome certain fears by yourself, so surround yourself with lots of support. Glad you're wanting to see a doctor... I hope your appetite gets back up to par!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

One time I couldn't eat much and my doctor gave me Ensure, so maybe you should look into that. It's supposed to be chock full of calories and vitamins.

I'm gonna hopefully see a doctor either tomorrow or Friday because I know eating this little is not healthy. I was eating around 700-800 when I was losing weight (reached my goal weight in January). I think a big reason is I'm scared of eating too much and gaining all of the weight back that I lost. There have been only about 7-10 days in the last 6 months (not in a row) where I have eaten plenty of calories.

700-800 calories per day is not a safe or sustainable way to lose weight. This is eating disorder territory. Please talk to somebody about this.

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I woke up last night at 2 am and ate a king size nutrageous. I logged it, but ended up 1,000 calories over yesterday. *kitten* happens and today is a new day. I also used to wear spanx tanx with everthing. My boobs are very happy that I've lost enough weight to feel comfy not wearing them. It's awesome!
  • FluffySandwich
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Will my stupid body WAKE UP? Argh. I keep dozing off... all it takes sometimes if for me to blink my eyes and my body goes ''Oh goody, time to sleep?'' I need to start taking my B12 again.

In school, starting around 6th grade, I had trouble with falling asleep in class. I didn't want to and struggled like mad to stay awake. It was embarrassing waking up (sometimes with a jolt) and having people stare at me, especially since I am a sleep talker and wondered if I had said something aloud :lol: . Some people try to fall asleep in class and don't care, but I was trying to be a good student :(

EDIT: Come to think of it, I don't think I've beeen eating much iron lately.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Will my stupid body WAKE UP? Argh. I keep dozing off... all it takes sometimes if for me to blink my eyes and my body goes ''Oh goody, time to sleep?'' I need to start taking my B12 again.

In school, starting around 6th grade, I had trouble with falling asleep in class. I didn't want to and struggled like mad to stay awake. It was embarrassing waking up (sometimes with a jolt) and having people stare at me, especially since I am a sleep talker and wondered if I had said something aloud :lol: . Some people try to fall asleep in class and don't care, but I was trying to be a good student :(

Sounds like you might be anemic, you should probably get a blood test done.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

Oh, man, B-complex is such a big help for me. I take the sublingual drops and it is seriously such a game-changer. I don't eat a ton of meat so my doctor recommended it a while back after some bloodwork and I feel like I can pretty much bounce out of bed when I'm taking it regularly.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »

I was told by a doctor when I was in high school that I had low iron :tongue: So that's probably part of it.
    peleroja wrote: »

Oh, man, B-complex is such a big help for me. I take the sublingual drops and it is seriously such a game-changer. I don't eat a ton of meat so my doctor recommended it a while back after some bloodwork and I feel like I can pretty much bounce out of bed when I'm taking it regularly.
    You've convinced me to start taking it again :lol: I don't eat a lot of meat either.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Confession: I dumped all of the extra pie filling into a bowl and threw it in the freezer for an hour. I am currently eating it with a spoon. :blush:

Jealous and drooling.
  • peleroja
    Options

I was told by a doctor when I was in high school that I had low iron :tongue: So that's probably part of it.

You've convinced me to start taking it again :lol: I don't eat a lot of meat either.

B12 is one of those vitamins that's very, very difficult to get from non-animal sources, so vegetarians etc. have a tough time with it. I'm not a vegetarian but I just don't tend to choose meat too often so I've had a problem with it. I take iron as prescribed by my doctor too because I also had anemia in my teens (very common for girls, apparently), but taking both is way better for me. You really should talk to your doctor before starting or restarting supplements though...I know it seems overcautious but you can really do some major damage just taking whatever you think you need. Honestly.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

B12 is one of those vitamins that's very, very difficult to get from non-animal sources, so vegetarians etc. have a tough time with it. I'm not a vegetarian but I just don't tend to choose meat too often so I've had a problem with it. I take iron as prescribed by my doctor too because I also had anemia in my teens (very common for girls, apparently), but taking both is way better for me. You really should talk to your doctor before starting or restarting supplements though...I know it seems overcautious but you can really do some major damage just taking whatever you think you need. Honestly.
    I had a blood test a few years back and my doctor recommend I take B12 and vitamin D. I do a pretty horrible job at keeping up with taking pills though, except birth control for some reason. I'm going to be getting a medical exam soon in the near future, so I'll likely be bringing it up... perhaps I no longer need the stuff and shoud try something else. I'm not vegetarian either, but I never really CRAVE meat. I tend to stick to all the other food groups :lol:
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yes to all of that. At one point I had to have an injection of B-12 monthly due to blood-tests showing a type of anemia. I moved and the next doctor I went to was very opposed to my continuing it as newer research had come out in the meantime. I have not had the blood-work issues again that prompted doctor #1 to put me on injections. Very much ditto to checking with a doctor about supplements. My beloved grandma did some mighty serious damage to herself with over the counter supplements and such. She believed she was taking care of herself but her doctors felt she probably brought her health to a low level and possibly triggered or enhanced dementia do due to all the supplements she was taking.

ETA typed wrong form of due
  • peleroja
    Options
    I did some reading on prepping for the trekking we're doing in Peru suggesting that climbing stairs is going to be the best conditioning when we can't actually get out to the mountains, so it's my new plan for the next month and a half. You can apparently count each step as a foot elevation gain as a ballpark to gauge your fitness, so in my apartment building I'd have to climb 133 floors to equal about 2000 ft of elevation gain.

I ran the stairwell yesterday but I only managed forty floors of climbing (bottom to top and back down twice, basically) before my left leg started twitching like mad, so I've got a lot of room to improve. But I'm reminding myself that 2000ft of elevation gain on the actual hike is over a few hours and I did those 40 floors in like twenty minutes (and at a sort-of-run), so I'm feeling pretty confident that I can get there.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

Yes to all of that. At one point I had to have an injection of B-12 monthly due to blood-tests showing a type of anemia. I moved and the next doctor I went to was very opposed to my continuing it as newer research had come out in the meantime. I have not had the blood-work issues again that prompted doctor #1 to put me on injections. Very much ditto to checking with a doctor about supplements. My beloved grandma did some mighty serious damage to herself with over the counter supplements and such. She believed she was taking care of herself but her doctors felt she probably brought her health to a low level and possibly triggered or enhanced dementia do due to all the supplements she was taking.

That's terrifying stuff :( I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Dementia/Alzheimer's is something I'm pretty scared of.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I did some reading on prepping for the trekking we're doing in Peru suggesting that climbing stairs is going to be the best conditioning when we can't actually get out to the mountains, so it's my new plan for the next month and a half. You can apparently count each step as a foot elevation gain as a ballpark to gauge your fitness, so in my apartment building I'd have to climb 133 floors to equal about 2000 ft of elevation gain.

I ran the stairwell yesterday but I only managed forty floors of climbing (bottom to top and back down twice, basically) before my left leg started twitching like mad, so I've got a lot of room to improve. But I'm reminding myself that 2000ft of elevation gain on the actual hike is over a few hours and I did those 40 floors in like twenty minutes (and at a sort-of-run), so I'm feeling pretty confident that I can get there.

You can go run the stairs in the river valley :smile: They're awful & torturous great exercise
  • peleroja
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

You can go run the stairs in the river valley :smile: They're awful & torturous great exercise

No thanks! Stairwell for me, I hate the crowds and the random dudes trying to make friends. We live right on it and I almost never go out there, lol.
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

That's terrifying stuff :( I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. Dementia/Alzheimer's is something I'm pretty scared of.
    She stayed sweet and adorable to the end even when she didn't recognize people. I would not wish it on anyone but for what it was she was loved and happy through it all.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

No thanks! Stairwell for me, I hate the crowds and the random dudes trying to make friends. We live right on it and I almost never go out there, lol.

Lol. I haven't been to them for several years, and I don't remember much of what was going on around me. I do remember that I could barely make it up the stupid things at the time - that was walking! I think I'd do much better now, not that I have any plans to find out lol.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

You have this!
  • ShibaEars
    edited July 2015
    Options
    This thread is like a ghost town this last bit!