WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Also, my mom made wonder strawberry and banana short cakes with real whipped cream. Everyone loved that.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    :::: lifting up my leg, marking my spot:::::
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Yeah! My DH has taken pity on me about the pop festival in the village the weekend after next. Last year we hired a cottage in Sussex. He knows i am neurotic about the bass notes coming down the chinmey! At the last minute he has booked a B&B in Salisbury, a cathedral town we haven't been to in ages. Been talking about it. So we have Friday and Saturday nights. I got on TripAdvisor and booked a posh Indian for Friday and a posh British for Saturday. Hooray! The city is 30 mins walk from the hotel, so we can put our walking shoes on or get a taxi if I'm in heels! :laugh: I made him check that there were no weddings at the weekend. That can be an issue with nice hotels.
    Happy, happy me!
    He is paying for the accommodation, I am paying for the food. :ohwell:

Heather UK, with a rapidly diminishing savings account. :sad:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Woke up to lite rain this morning and more coming. Sure hope it breaks this heat we have been having. Yesterday I went with my friend Lee to a Bible study group at her church. If we think we have it bad, just listening to some of them made me very Thankful for my life. I did take a nap yesterday afternoon and then got up and cleaned house. DH and DBIL went over to Lee's last evening and replaced some basement window covers and fixed her back door bell. So think we are good there. I did wake up yesterday afternoon with an ear ache. I thought I was to old. Feels some better today so will waite and see before I call the doctor.

Sylvia--So glad you got the sofa all safe and sound in the apartment. Does sound like you got a great deal. Sending prayers that all goes well and they come home with no problems. So cute the dog. I doubt mine would let me do that.

Selena--So sorry for all you have been going thru. Sending HUGS and prayers. You did not dump on us, we are here for you.

Carol--I am glad you are taking it slow, I was surprised how soon they had you going back to work.

Lenora--WOW!! So glad you found an MD you can trust.

Chris in MA--Sorry things did not go in your favor. Sending HUGS!! I hope your children remember your birthday. Wish I was closer as I would have a party for you. Happy Birthday! I like the way you think, I would of done the same thing.

Barbie--Hope Sasha is feeling better. It is terrible that they can not tell us when something is wrong.

pip--add me to the list that is missing her. I wounder if they are just resting after their trip. They did alot in a short time. Just read your post. Glad you are ok sounds pretty scary to me. Are you doing better and eating and drinking enough? Please take care of yourself.

Allison-- Sorry to hear Tom is not feeling well. My DH has a habit of not telling me things with his health until he finally decides maybe he should see the doctor.

Janet--I agree like the haircut, but it will take you a while to ajust. Congrates on your NSV.

Heather--I like the idea of planning your own celebration. Seems I do it for everyone else and then my BD comes and goes. Our oldest DS and family always remembers a card. Sorry to hear about your friends son. But in the long run it was better to stop it now then later. Congrates on getting the "free" lunch, it pays to speak up with you have a complaint. Love the pictures thanks for sharing.

Lisa--I need a nap just reading about your day. Sending prayers on the new job and place to live. Maybe I missed something, but what would you do with the rest of the building?

MJ--Welcome!

Mary--I know what you mean about family, my DS will not get along with my DSD. When they were young we could make them be in the same place, not now. and also now one of the other DS's will not go to anything DSD is at and they are full brother and sister. So I have just quit trying. I let them all know what is going on and whoever shows up does. Try and not let myself get stressed out about it.

Mia--I have found since losing weight I am colder. I never owned anything with long sleeves until this last year.

Well ladies I am once again caught up and about time to go home. My ear and head is hurting so thinking about taking a nap when I get off. DH and some friends from our CMA group want to ride to Quaker Steak for supper again. They have Bikers night every Wednesday during the summer. See how I feel when it is time. Been a busy day as they moved all the patients off 7th floor to 4th floor. I just hope we have it all straight in the computers.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stat for the day - didn't break a sweat. just wanted to see how my legs were working and my shoulder would feel grabbing the handle bar:

spin-- 30min 74r 57w 9g, 11mi =148c

I have been bullied by my co-workers to go to a doctor today to get checked out. have an appointment today. we will see what shakes.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @Lisa - Congrats and good luck to you. What a challenge. I hope it all works out great for you.

Janetr OKC
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Rosie, holy moly, is all you did was walk??? loopy.gifThat’s a lotta steps!!

Janet- I've tried to keep going the same way I did last week on vacation. I'm walking my neighborhood so the sights are less exciting but it's quiet and peaceful. I'm heading out first thing in the morning for a long walk. Also, I've mapped out a 1 mile route that can easily be done in 15 to 20 min and like Vegas, I just do it. Not sitting around much <3 I'm working from home this summer which makes all the difference.

Hope you ladies are having a great day!

Rosie in So Cal

h9kbt1pfxp9t.jpg

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    @pip- not a bad idea, glad you're going. Better safe that sorry :) Let us know.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Spent 1.45 minute doing my walking exercise and leg lifts. Now having a coughing jag. Put some honey in my lemon juice - I know it is supposed to have whiskey in it; but, tried that yesterday. Had to add more lemon and honey in it. YUCK! I still think that Friday can't come soon enough - that's when my cough medicine with codeine can be refilled. I'm only using it at night, so I have enough to last me until then, thankfully, it knocks me out so I don't cough.

Vicki - actually I feel 'blessed' to have found a good MD, even though I have to travel 100+ miles to get to him; but, it does give me a chance to have lunch with 6 - 8 former HS classmates.

An hour ago, the sun was shining, no rain clouds in the sky. Now it is thunder & lightening and beginning to rain. Glad I got in my hour-and-a-half walking time in the pool earlier.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Lenora wish you felt better!

Got back the tatting made by my Grandmother on my father's side. She had such a hard life. The fact she could make something so beautiful out of so little and under such hardship to me is a testament to her spirit. When I look at it I am humbled. It was important to me to see it be handled with respect. Again Laura did the framing. I trying to decide which way I like to hang it. There are pluses to it either way.[clbbbyphu9yu.jpg

:heart: MNMargaret
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    tohlmd6848rg.jpg I forgot to resize before I posted so I had to do the second one separately.
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Chris!!!!!

Pip - so glad you are better! What a scare!

Lisa - congrats on the job.

Selena - glad you got the book launched. I am praying for you and your family.

I am still in Kansas. We had some excitement Monday ---a tornado!
    I'm enjoying my visit. Getting to see my nephew who is home from Hong Kong.

I'll be returning to TN Saturday.

Love y'all.
    Toni in Dorothy and Toto territory
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good evening! I made it through 8 hours at work today. Not necessarily by my choice, though. I had to wait on my ride home. Since it was so late when I got home, I didn't get a nap so I suspect it will be an early night for me. Hope I don't have to stick it out for all ten hours tomorrow!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!!!!

Lisa - I hope you enjoy your temp job and that it is worth every penny. Good luck on the real estate transaction!

My daughter and I got a little snippy with each other thus morning. Okay, it got really snippy. She wouldn't get her butt out of bed to do the things that needed to be done before work and was generally being really lazy. That put me on edge, then I walked out the door and found that she had left my produce cooler setting on the front porch. When I mentioned it (very gently), she started screeching 'why' for every reason I noted for why it should be taken inside until I finally lost my temper. She has been a little cautious of me since then...

Pip - I'm glad you're going to get checked out. ER docs miss a lot.

I'm off to get some things set up for work tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great evening, morning, or whatever time you're in.

Carol in NC
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Busy couple days. Race last night. Dr. appt this am an hour away for mammo and three D breast ultrasounds that my Gyn ordered, no special reason other than "dense breasts"......that will not be my favorite procedure ever for sure. Not happy about the fact that when I walked in the room for the three D procedure there were three "techs" and one supervisor and the student tech did the procedure............you don't complain because you are half naked and at their mercy BUT it would have been nice to get MY consent before I walked into the room and got turned into a guinea pig!!!!!!!!!!! She had to do it eight times on the right one. Rant: WAY BACK when I was a student nurse patients had to give permission before a student was assigned to them. Considering a major complaint, except I know it will do absolutely NO good.

The memorial I'm helping with is Saturday; friends family will arrive in area tomorrow. Many phone calls continue.......

A bright spot: The friend I have taken around b/c of her broken foot stopped by with her DH and had him bring a couple thank you gifts, big surprise and not necessary but very appreciated.......including a couple quarts of Whole Foods soups!!!! YUM!

Chris.............HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Hope you are having a great time at dinner!!! Smiled when I happened to read your "accident" story; I had just sent my DH off to work commando due to forgetting to transfer the wash to the dryer.......so, you weren't alone in that "fresh air feeling".

Becca........Love the wiggle dress; how pretty!

Sylvia.........I am scared right along with you to have the kids with that woman. Sweet DGS!!!! Spot looks a hoot!

Selena......(((((((Hugs))))))))) You have certainly had a time of it; hope you are finding the comfort you need.

Tina.......That park does sound amazing.

JanetMMc........I like the short hair; you just have an all around "lighter" and happier air about you. Mine was almost that long but not curly when I got it cut; it is chin length now. YAY for 12's.

Kim.........Also a fan of The Affordable Care Act here............very grateful that DD can remain of DH insurance to 26.

poop............OH, NO!!!! Very glad you are seeing a local dr. for eval. You must do Kirby's birthday over when you feel better.

Carol........Hoping each day is easier.

Heather...........I adore Sara Paretsky and have for years!!!!

DJ.......YAY for your lessened back pain and soreness..........PROGRESS!!!

Off to the dog park; sadly saw a huge fight there Monday night, a pit bull was involved.........there are many nice ones that come there but this guy turned so fast on another dog it was terrifying. The other dog, a big fluffy thing, had just arrived and immediately became "prey".......never have I seen anything like it and hope to never again. Will be leaving quickly if that dog is there tonight.

Hunger is not an emergency.
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic

• pipcd34
    Options
    italy10548 wrote: »
    Rosie, holy moly, is all you did was walk??? loopy.gifThat’s a lotta steps!!

Janet- I've tried to keep going the same way I did last week on vacation. I'm walking my neighborhood so the sights are less exciting but it's quiet and peaceful. I'm heading out first thing in the morning for a long walk. Also, I've mapped out a 1 mile route that can easily be done in 15 to 20 min and like Vegas, I just do it. Not sitting around much <3 I'm working from home this summer which makes all the difference.

Hope you ladies are having a great day!

Rosie in So Cal

h9kbt1pfxp9t.jpg

That's y I don't worry about my injuries
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Got an x Ray, thinks might b separated on my shoulder area (bone). Got a follow up app on Thursday. They want to get a copy of what they did at the ER. I I still mY go riding tomorrow am. Not to the gym, just to the train station and back. Won't use the shoulder strap on that left shoulder of course. We will c
  • KateKyi
    KateKyi Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    @margaretturk The picture of your grandmothers piece is truly beautiful. One minor point, I think its crochet not tatting. I can not really tell from the photo because its not close up. Tatting tends to be a single line where as some of the flowers look as though they are in double or triple crochet. Well worth getting the piece framed though.
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Woke to HEAVY frost this morning
    MEALS = 1644 fibre = 25
    Breakfast - Jeannette's buckwheat pancakes with blackberries and yogurt
    Lunch - Banana Cats smoothie (for GI and high cholesterol)
    Snacks x 2 - Green Apple smoothie (high cholesterol)
    Dinner - roast chicken, roast potatoes carrots and Brussel sprouts
    Supper - Hot chocolate and toast
    Training: JJ's Bikini Boot-camp II and walk the dog

Must search out some smoothies with peaches (from America)

Lesley in Tasmania
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Evening ! ! !

Unfortunately, we are all home. I briefly looked for the post of what happened to Pip, and saw someone ask me why I thought my son struggled. So first, Pip, Hope things are continuing to improve for you after your fall. Those situations are very worrisome. (((((hugs)))))

So, the Tournament: My son has done many tournaments, so it was not likely his nerves. There was a terrible storm in the morning that took out power for over 3 hours, which meant his 7:30pm shift started well past 9:00pm, so everybody was hot and tired (Fire Marshall insisted everyone wait outside while one shift left before letting in the next shift, and it was 90 degrees outside, even after sundown). Plus, these kids are bowling on a Sport Pattern, which is something Payne has only done 3 times so far. And, many boys had scores just crazy like that. One boy on Payne's lane had 180, 270, 144, 150. (His Dad was "yelling" at him the entire time of the last 2 games.) We just kept telling Payne to relax, and his cousin gave him suggestions on how to adjust. The next day, after only 5 hours of sleep, was just as bad, because the computers broke down, so it was another night getting home well past midnight, 4 hours of sleep, and bowl again Wednesday at 7:30am. His scores were the same again today: anywhere between 170 and 230. We told him how proud we are that he was able to keep his temper under control during rough times (except for a little bit on Tuesday when I took my walk, but that was also because so many parents were being crabby at their boys, and I just wanted to be away from that toxic environment), and that he made a few new friends, and now he knows what type of practice he needs for next year. Since his birthday is Aug 14 with a cut-off for age categories of Aug, 1, he gets to compete in the 15U for 2 more years. Since he still did not give up basketball or baseball, it is tough for him to excel when spread so thin, and he is okay with that, too. So the morals of this trip are: Payne learned his weaknesses, Dad learned where Payne needs work, Payne made a few friends, we had some fun times as a family and with Greg's family, and we got out of town.

But, because of the events of the week, I was able to get a lot of steps in (sometimes marching or swaying in place when people wouldn't give up a seat that they were "holding" for someone who never showed-up). And, I absolutely refused to eat bowling alley junk, so I'm pretty proud of my food choices. My pants feel comfortable, so I'm certain I did not gain while gone, and I will weigh myself in the morning.

I would love to get completely caught up on everyone's lives, but I need to get to bed soon, especially since Payne has basketball 7 - 10pm tomorrow night (and it will be 30 - 45 minutes to drive home after the final game), and I have to be at work before 6am Friday morning. I will read backwards starting tomorrow in an attempt to catch up to my best ability. But I hope you all know I thought of you often while in Chicago, and I'm convinced you are the reasons behind my feeling of success. Thanks for hugging me when I needed it.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri (returned to Milwaukee)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good eve.No computer,so trying to catch up.
    happy Birthday Chris.
    pip,hope ur shoulder is ok.
    HUGS jane :)