Low Carb Zucchini Ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shiny!

I made the Skinny Taste Cream of Zucchini Soup. Stupid-easy to make and it tastes AMAZING. Put fancy garnishes on it and serve it at a dinner party kind of amazing.

It's too hot for soup, but I still enjoyed it.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Zucchini boats dont have link but i got the idea from pinterest ...yummy!!!
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Really jealous of your zucchini harvest!

I didn't like raw zoodles much either, EXCEPT mixed with a cold peanut-sesame sauce. It is AWESOME. Just google peanut-sesame noodles and there are lots of recipes out there. Great for hot summer days. :smiley:
  • acorneredbaby
    acorneredbaby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like to use a mandolin slicer and slice them into very thin pieces lengthwise then fry with a bit of olive oil or butter. Add salt and pepper and cayenne (which is of course optional). So good.
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I like them sautéed with onions and taco seasoning like cumin and chile pepper as a taco or enchilada filling.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    we slice them in half and grill them. yummy!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I like to use a mandolin slicer and slice them into very thin pieces lengthwise then fry with a bit of olive oil or butter. Add salt and pepper and cayenne (which is of course optional). So good.

You made me think of the movie Ratatouille when they made the ratatouille with thin slices at the end
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I hope that I still have zucs when my tomatoes and eggplant start ripening!

Well, I do have tomatoes right now, but not nearly enough for ratatouille.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I slice them thin on a mandolin, and marinate them (with peppers and mushrooms) with balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, fresh grated ginger, and olive oil. I bag them up and let them sit overnight (often make several bags, they keep for quite a few days) then grill them on the bbq (I bought a special grilling pan).
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i'm a big fan of grilled zucchini, squash, and onions as a side dish to most major protein main courses. Then, I borrowed a recipe from someone on MFP actually for a very low cal frittata. 4 eggs, 4 zucchini, about 50g of cheese, pepper, breakfast!
  • vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just slice them up into 1/4 inch or so slices and grill / lightly fry (max 1 tsp of oil on a pan) them with Pam and sprinkle some salt on them and after they're done on both sides eat them with a bit of reduced fat sour cream (30 Cal/Tbsp). Just like my grandma used to make.

• Reygne
    Reygne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Zoodle?