What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    I have gotten up every morning since last Wednesday at 4:30am (except Sunday took a rest day) to workout in the morning because I knew I wouldn't have time to do it in the evening. I have never I repeat NEVER been a morning person. I don't like to deal with people in the mornings let alone Jillian Michaels pushing me to the next circuit but I have done it! Probably the best part is that I actually enjoy it!

Awesome work! It's so good to know that you have nailed your exercise for the day before breakfast!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    I was given a box of gourmet chocolates last Friday as a thank you gift. I shared them with my husband, but strictly rationed us to only having two a day between us. And they lasted until last night! Normally we would have scoffed them all in 10minutes! And we discussed it last night and felt we enjoyed them more in small portions because you get to really savour each of the flavours, and got a sweet treat each night for a whole week. Who would have thought! So now I think we will stick with that approach from now on :)
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    I squatted 125lbs 7x yesterday. even though I'm sure most people consider it very light I've been excited to hit that # for a while. I was so nervous I had my daughter come out in case I hurt myself but I was suprised i was able to keep perfect form and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!
  • cbrimer87
    cbrimer87 Posts: 12 Member
    I biked up a hill in my neighborhood that I've been trying for weeks, and normally give up on half way through and walk the bike up. But I made it :)
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2015
    Someone finally asked me if I have been losing weight! I know some people hate that but I was so happy to hear it. Yesterday someone else asked what I have been doing to lose weight.

Also I did three real push-ups yesterday. Doesn't sound like much but for me a month ago I couldn't push myself up even a little bit.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Kirstie155 wrote: »
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    The size 18 dress pants I bought like 2 months ago are starting to slip down when I walk. My gray dress pants that used to be my "feeling skinny" dress pants that still gave me a muffin top..I'm wearing them today and you can probably fit a small turkey in the gap space in the back.
    Saturday I went shopping at TJMaxx and they had the CUTEST Betsey Johnson dress but it only went to a size 14. On a whim I figured why not, and tried it on. It zipped! Sadly I could outline every bump on my body so I didn't buy it...but that was exciting.

Lol...a small *turkey*?!? hahahaha. :D Great NSV, and love your creative wording! That is unless you actually stuffed a small turkey back there, and in that case...wth?! :#

Lol!! Thank you. No small poultry were harmed in the wearing of my pants. The gap space that happens in the back of too big pants is one of my biggest pet peeves, but it happens constantly because my butt and waist ratio is wackadoo.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Finally nailed in a 270lb squat for a triple at 180lbs, hitting the 1.5x body weight for reps goal.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    edited July 2015
    I bought a rash guard from Lands' End catalog last week in a plus-size 1X, one size down from the 2X that I have worn for at least 5 years, hoping it wouldn't be too tight. I tried it on, and I was swimming in it (heh). ;) They had a 0X, but I decided to order a women's size XL and L, hoping one of them would fit, but thinking I was probably wasting my time.

They arrived today. I tried on the XL - it was a little big, but wearable. Then I tried on the L.

It fit perfectly! It wasn't even tight, in fact it wasn't too big, and it wasn't too small, it was JUST RIGHT! (insert Goldilocks emoji here). I LOVE THIS! :)

• MrsJones1722
    MrsJones1722 Posts: 28 Member
    Cathalain wrote: »
    My wedding ring is slipping OFF of my finger!!! It keeps turning around and it's slowly inching up to my knuckle. In a way, that's great but in a way, not so much. I'm scared of losing it! :laugh:
    I call it spinney ring syndrome :D
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    I can put things in my pockets and not have the item dig into me uncomfortably!
  • 626Ashley
    626Ashley Posts: 32 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I'm officially in single digit jeans :)
    That's awesome! Me too!!!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    I realized that my thighs don't bounce off of each other any more. Like, not at all. Not when I walk, not when I run. So I finally looked at my legs in the mirror...seeing some shape happening. Made my heart dance!
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    edited July 2015
    Some of my 'M' shirts seem too large.
    Well, I'm pear-shaped, so that's okay, I guess? :)

The archery instructor at my archery range told me yesterday that he estimates that I shot at least 300-500 arrows since I started doing archery. That's super cool considering that I've always been physically weaker than other people of my age and size.
    I also managed to hit the exact center of the target once. I'm quite bad at aiming (we're shooting with blank bows so there's no fancy aiming thingy.)

Apart from when I was out of the city or because of work-related seminars I managed to go to my fitness club 3 times a week since I started going again regularly in May. Before that it was an on and off with me for several months. I really have to kick my own butt really hard to go there whenever I don't feel like going. And with the current heatwave it's becoming even harder.
    (We're currently experiencing a heat that is not normal for my country.)

Edit: Forgot that one: some dude checked me out on the sidewalk. Kind of gross since I don't like men but oh ... ok?
  • miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    I completed week 2 of the NHS Strength and Flex program / podcasts this morning Here's to stating level 3 on Monday :D
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Bought my first ever bikini this week. The best bit is the fact that I picked out loads of bikini bottoms to try on and when I put the first pair on (a size 16 according to the hanger) I thought, "Hmmm, a little tight, possibly not the best style/cut but they're OK.', then I checked the label and they were actually a size 12! I also bought a size 12 dress - only tried it on because they didn't have 'my' size so I thought I'd give it a go. The idea that I could actually, genuinely, properly be a size 12 (if not now then in the very near future) is so strange to me. Definitely a victory but still strange.
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Woohooo! Happy Birthday to me! I'm down another inch and a half in the waist, and can button the "test pants" for my personal challenge. I couldn't get those pants over my hips in June and I'm hoping to wear them on Labour Day. On my way there!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Keep up the great posts you guys.
    Yesterday I was shopping with my daughter, she works at Maurices and they were having a big sale on their clearance, so I was actually fitting into a medium in most things, I was XL in January. I also tried on a pair of 11/12 jeans and they felt great but were the way too low waist so I didn't get them. Plus it's summer and I hope I will be a size smaller when it's warm enough for jeans. I usually hate trying on clothes because I hate the way I look in them, but I actually liked a lot of things, only things that were tight or clingy on the tummy I didn't like. Of course that's the last to go, but it's going.
    My ring is also spinning and I hate that. I had within the year had it made bigger, I wish now I hadn't.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    I can get into US waist 33 jeans now!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    mwyvr wrote: »
    Hat tip to another MFP member for pointing this out, but yesterday I realized that I've crossed below the lie weight I've told the driver's licensing office for many, many, years.

I'll be at my goal weight later this year. It'll be a pleasure to renew next time.

Oh, wow! I just read this and went to get my driver's license to look at it. My highest weight was 230 when I started this process, and my "lie weight" was 220 on my license. On Sunday, I weighed in at 190!!!! Not only am I 40 pounds down now, I am 30 pounds under my "lie weight"!!!!!

Congrats to you and a hat tip to you as well. Thanks for posting this, this has made my day!! :)

The last time I renewed my license my "lie weight" was 250, which was 20-30 less than I actually weighed. I am now so far under that weight (and with a new hair color) that it doesn't even look like me anymore. The last time I was carded the guy looked back and forth a few times before he just shrugged and handed it back to me. I guess it is time for a new one!

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    I worked out today and yesterday, giving it my all, despite feeling like poo. I am committed and this showed that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!