July 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    7/1 - 3.3 miles - usually my rest day, but keeping my streak alive (3 more days!)
    7/2 - 4.6 miles while eating lots of breakfast gnats yuck!
    7/3 - 2.3 miles - short run today - took a new running partner who hasn't run in a while. She did great! It was cooler and raining.
    7/4 - 6.2 miles - last day of my Memorial Day to 4th of July 41 Days of Awesome running challenge.
    7/5 - rest day and travel to El Paso ugh what a trip
    7/6 - 2.5 horrible dreadmill miles
    7/7 - 4.2 miles and 2.25 - went and ran where my boss told me. It was beautiful. It was like 90 and no shade during the run and my breathing is taking a beating, but it was worth to 30 min drive to get there.
    7/8 - 5.5 miles
    7/9 - 3.7 miles
    7/10 rest day
    7/11 - 3.1 miles Strong Girls 5K run today.
    7/12 - 5.6 miles - HOT HOT HOT
    7/13 - 3.5 quick miles - working with the big boss today so I had to be in when he got in.
    7/14 - rest day
    7/15 - 4.3 miles
    7/16 - 5 miles
    7/17 - 3.4 miles

59.4 of 100 miles

exercise.png

@elise4270 that is wild, definitely the same place. @juliet3455 you are so funny "leaning forward too much" ha ha!!!
    @runtimer wow what a beautiful picture
    @shanaber love your new picture of your shoes
    @kimlight2 I hope the headache gets better

82 sunny and humid degrees at 7:30 run time today

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Saturday I have a hot & muggy 10K to run. I know I want to rest on Friday. Thursday I"m not sure. On one hand, I probably shouldn't run 5 days in a row, but on the other, I don't want two days off in a row and the high is only supposed to be 71F. I'm betting I'll run.

It's a good thing I didn't bet. I was excited to run last night, as it was only 68°F with a light misty rain at the time, but I got a much better offer. I ended up walking 4 miles with my wife. I figured I'd just get a few miles in this morning, but apparently I hit Off instead of Snooze and woke up too late to run. Oh well. I'll be well rested for my 10K tomorrow.

When it rains it pours...after getting two new pair of shoes earlier this week, I bought a pair of Asics Gel Cumulus 16's for $52. I've never tried this particular model on but I figured at that price I could take a chance. If you happen to have run in the Cumulus 16 and either the Nimbus 17 or the Glycerin 12 and can offer a comparison, I'd be interested.

I *nearly* bought another pair of Glycerin 12's for $68, but the only color left was one I just didn't care for, not even at that price.
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    July 2 - 2.2
    July 4 - 2.1 - c25k/w5d3
    July 13 - 2.8 - c25k/w6d1
    July 17 - 3 -c25k/w6d2
    10.1/35

exercise.png
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Love the image above!!!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    7/2 - 2.34 miles 7/15 - 4.6 miles
    7/4 - 6.1 miles 7/16 - 3.6 miles
    7/6 - 2.94 miles
    7/7 - 4 miles
    7/8 - 2.42 miles
    7/9 - 3.56
    7/10 - 4.01
    7/13 - 4.5
    7/14 - 5.3

exercise.png
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    @scoutmomof8 - That is Inspiration Point at Bryce Canyon in your photo, correct?
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    @scoutmomof8 - That is Inspiration Point at Bryce Canyon in your photo, correct?

It is Cedar Breaks National Monument outside of Cedar City. It looks a lot like Bryce Canyon though.
  • truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    @shanaber Maybe more like "what hill?". Lol!uf77csqc3ajs.jpg

Nice Shoes, Are They new?
    Looks like you lean a little to far forward on hill climbs.

@juliet3455 Thanks for the laugh this morning! :smiley:

Rainy morning, turned hot and humid fast. Got in a 5k...

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    Options

When it rains it pours...after getting two new pair of shoes earlier this week, I bought a pair of Asics Gel Cumulus 16's for $52. I've never tried this particular model on but I figured at that price I could take a chance. If you happen to have run in the Cumulus 16 and either the Nimbus 17 or the Glycerin 12 and can offer a comparison, I'd be interested.

I *nearly* bought another pair of Glycerin 12's for $68, but the only color left was one I just didn't care for, not even at that price.

Good luck in the 10K. You are turning into a girl with all those shoes ha ha!!!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    7/1--glute exercises only
    7/2--1.7(treadmill PT) & calf stretches
    7/3--glute exercises only
    7/4--1.78(first outside run) & glute exercises(spelling corrected. yeesh.)
    7/5--rest
    7/6--2.2(treadmill) & glute exercises
    7/7--PT exercises
    7/8--walk, bike & various exercises during PT
    7/9--2.1(treadmill), bike, & elliptical
    7/10-PT exercises
    7/11-2.14 outside
    7/12-rest
    7/13-2.44(treadmill), bike, & elliptical
    7/14-rest
    7/15-2.67(treadmill), bike & elliptical
    7/16-rest(Son's 21st birthday party)
    7/17-2.91(treadmill),bike & elliptical

exercise.png
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @tdbernrd - I have never tried going backwards on the elliptical sounds tough!
    It was tough, but it definitely targeted my glutes. They burned afterwards.

• KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 4.05
    7/3 - 6.91
    7/5 - 4.02
    7/6 - 3.05
    7/8 - 4.52
    7/9 - 8.37
    7/11 - 4.29
    7/13 - 3.08
    7/14 - 4.51
    7/15 - 4.52
    7/16 - 4.53

exercise.png
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @ddmom0811 @skippygirlsmom ya its just like my park. I'm sure the the pic is a few year back before the cut some of the trees out. It's a fairly new trail, 10 years at most. That "hill" is a mile long. Locals call it the widow maker. IT SUUUUCKS. I can run it, 'cept down hill :blush:
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    21.5 minutes today. So far I have either been doing more walking than running or equal amounts of running and walking but today was 16 minutes running with 5.5 minutes walking. I was really nervous about my leg but it felt completely fine. I am so so glad! I just wish I knew what I had done wrong because I don't want to ever get a stress fracture again. Blah!
    exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    That "hill" is a mile long. Locals call it the widow maker. IT SUUUUCKS. I can run it, 'cept down hill :blush:

I would be the same way...I hate running down hill :|

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    karllundy wrote: »
    That "hill" is a mile long. Locals call it the widow maker. IT SUUUUCKS. I can run it, 'cept down hill :blush:

I would be the same way...I hate running down hill :|

Oops I CANT run up hills, I can beast down hill all day!

Sorry, inattention. We were told a position will be eliminated anumgst we chemists. Hard to focus on much more than "oh crap".
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options

Sorry, inattention. We were told a position will be eliminated anumgst we chemists. Hard to focus on much more than "oh crap".

Well that's a fine think to tell you all on a Friday.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

When my wife rolled her eyes at yet another pair, I asked her if she wanted to count our shoes and see who had more. I even offered to include all of my hunting boots. She declined.

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

When my wife rolled her eyes at yet another pair, I asked her if she wanted to count our shoes and see who had more. I even offered to include all of my hunting boots. She declined.

Amen, brother! I have gotten a few sideways glances about my ever-growing pile of running shoes. I just remind her that they are cheaper than all the medicine I would have to buy if I was still 300 lbs.!
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Grumpy. Run was interrupted by minor injury, small stone ripping a layer of skin off of my foot. I'm the genius who took he First Aid kit out of my car and didn't put it back or else I might have been able to finish. First run out with Inov8 Trail Roc 150's. Started out great though, even despite the humidity. i9p5bflf6vre.jpg
    twinwvnu9xz2.jpg