senecarr wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Squat 120kg (I've had an explosion in my squat since my last full power meet, although currently battling injury)
    Bench 77.5kg
    Dead 167.5 (yes, I pull better on the platform than in the gym, as my coach says, I'm a competitor)

And the powerhouse shows up :flowerforyou:

What confuses me is, you're a girl, but your lifts put many guys to shame. Does that make them girls too?!

What they do in the privacy of their own... Ops wrong forum! ;)

Interesting how you jump on one person for saying "for a girl" yet not say anything about "what confuses me is, you're a girl..." Things that make you go hmmmm?

lol true... nice observation...maybe all he needs is female attention ( seeing how he empathises with his female "friends" )

Are we in junior high now are we?

some interesting facts-
    • male libido stays in junior high for life
    • dont trust any guy who lifts if he tells you that he doesn't like female attention
    I'm predicting a loooong lifting career for you OP. Good luck.

another intersting fact

an average guy with average genetic potential will have gained all the lean muscle he can gain NATURALLY in 3 years under optimum conditions.He then enters the group of elite bodybuilders like Steve Reeves and Reg Park

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:
    Some people are pretty loose with the word fact
    Testosterone has very little to do with men's libido or aggression
    Steve Reeves most likely used PED's
    Some people with exceptional genetics reach their potential in 3 years, it is not common
    Using the term female shows an inclination towards pseudospeciation

1.dihydrotestosterone forms when 5-alpha reductase acts on tesosterone...which is mainly responsible for the above mentioned effects

2Reeves on juice is possible but highly unlikey...reasons include
    • 8" + wrists ( which is a direct indicator of a genetically superior frame )
    • mesomorphic metabolism
    • PED's were introduced around 1940's but became popular by the soviets later
    • PED's lead to a assymetrical body structure with the upper body grossly over developing ( more androgen receptors)..Reeves was known for his aesthetic figure becuase of body symmetry

3.An average lifter can expect to gain maximum of 0.5 lbs lean muscle per week or 2 lbs a month under optimal conditions ( diet, training etc )
    begginer's if trained properly can exploit their begginer's magic and gain more

genetically superior people can reach their potential in as early as 6 months

4.no pseudo theories please..only facts

I am confused - are you saying that genetically 'superior' people can gain as much muscle mass as they ever will in 6 months. assuming optimal training, or have I lost the plot in this side conversation?

yes, they can..when Reeves said he haid gained 10 lbs in one month he was most probably talking about beginner gains which is probably why people started linking up with him steroid use

Could you point me to something that shows this.

Reeves gaining 10lb in one month is not an indication of reaching your max potential in 6 months.

http://www.weightrainer.net/index.html

^ this website is dedicated for only one thing- finding out your genetic potential and rate of gains
    in his ebook he lists a lot of studies, references along with the results ...i can send you if u need it

Reeves was an example of the fact that if the begginer is made to train right ,then the thing called as begginer luck/ begginer superstrength etc can be exploited fully the first couple of months for the maximum gains..
    unfortunately most of the noobs have no idea what to , how to lift and by the time they realise the correct way and principles of lifting , it' already too late

How do you get that someone can reach their muscular potential in 6 months (assuming you are a newb) from Casey Butts review?

Here is a write up of it (and others) that's not in an ebook you have to purchase:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html/
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Eating in a deficit so the numbers aren't getting much higher for now. I tried a higher 1RM on power clean this morning and failed. I'm also scared to DL too much more at the moment due to a lingering back injury (resting it is no fun though).

5'11" 248lbs (112.491kg)

Current 1RM:
    Bench - 285lbs (129.274kg)
    Squat - 455lbs (206.385kg)
    DL - 365lbs (165.56kg)
    Power Clean - 205lbs (92.986kg)
    Standing OHP - 185lbs (83.915kg)

dayum you're a god damn machine
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Squat 120kg (I've had an explosion in my squat since my last full power meet, although currently battling injury)
    Bench 77.5kg
    Dead 167.5 (yes, I pull better on the platform than in the gym, as my coach says, I'm a competitor)

What confuses me is, you're a girl, but your lifts put many guys to shame. Does that make them girls too?!

Interesting how you jump on one person for saying "for a girl" yet not say anything about "what confuses me is, you're a girl..." Things that make you go hmmmm?

lol true... nice observation...maybe all he needs is female attention ( seeing how he empathises with his female "friends" )

some interesting facts-
    • dont trust any guy who lifts if he tells you that he doesn't like female attention

another intersting fact

an average guy with average genetic potential will have gained all the lean muscle he can gain NATURALLY in 3 years under optimum conditions.He then enters the group of elite bodybuilders like Steve Reeves and Reg Park

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:
    Some people with exceptional genetics reach their potential in 3 years, it is not common

1.dihydrotestosterone forms when 5-alpha reductase acts on tesosterone...which is mainly responsible for the above mentioned effects

• mesomorphic metabolism
    • PED's lead to a assymetrical body structure with the upper body grossly over developing ( more androgen receptors)..Reeves was known for his aesthetic figure becuase of body symmetry

3.An average lifter can expect to gain maximum of 0.5 lbs lean muscle per week or 2 lbs a month under optimal conditions ( diet, training etc )

I am confused - are you saying that genetically 'superior' people can gain as much muscle mass as they ever will in 6 months. assuming optimal training, or have I lost the plot in this side conversation?

yes, they can..when Reeves said he haid gained 10 lbs in one month he was most probably talking about beginner gains which is probably why people started linking up with him steroid use

Reeves gaining 10lb in one month is not an indication of reaching your max potential in 6 months.

^ this website is dedicated for only one thing- finding out your genetic potential and rate of gains
    in his ebook he lists a lot of studies, references along with the results ...i can send you if u need it

Reeves was an example of the fact that if the begginer is made to train right ,then the thing called as begginer luck/ begginer superstrength etc can be exploited fully the first couple of months for the maximum gains..
    unfortunately most of the noobs have no idea what to , how to lift and by the time they realise the correct way and principles of lifting , it' already too late

How do you get that someone can reach their muscular potential in 6 months (assuming you are a newb) from Casey Butts review?

Here is a write up of it (and others) that's not in an ebook you have to purchase:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html/

here's a quote from your link

"I’m not sure if I came up with this idea on my own or stole it from somewhere else (probably a combination of the two) but, in a slightly different context (how quickly can someone gain muscle), I have often thrown out the following values for rates of muscle gain."

references or it didn't happen

I have no idea what your point is here.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

another intersting fact

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:

• mesomorphic metabolism

also as you read further on , his method of calculating the rate of gains is an fractional expression of the body weight...no mention of body frame, wrist width, ankle circumference, etc

for someone in the middle of the gaussian curve or within +/- 2 SD , even if we suppose this to be near accurate , this formula is not for lifters above the 99 percentile ( the top 1% of the population or the so called GENETIC FREAKS)

plus it conveniently ignores the metabolic affliations of an individual ( endo, meso, ecto, endo-meso etc)

i think you need the ebook for a detailed explanation

I think you need to read further on.

Also, somatotypes? Really??

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    5'2
    120 pounds (on a cut right now)

Bench~95 lbs
    Squat~100 lbs
    Dead lifts~120 lbs

**Just had minor surgery yesterday on my leg, so will be lighter weights this week.**
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

What about if I'm a gay lifter and only interested in male attention?

are you? :o

What if I am? What does it matter?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Lol OP somatotypes are useless 1920's garbage used to relate physical attributes to psychological attributes or w/e..

this guy is an experienced troll or a Brofessor with a PhD from the university of Swolehalla.

100% certified
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n13kti1Dws1shtg7lo1_r2_400.gif
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No clue
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

another intersting fact

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:

• mesomorphic metabolism

"I’m not sure if I came up with this idea on my own or stole it from somewhere else (probably a combination of the two) but, in a slightly different context (how quickly can someone gain muscle), I have often thrown out the following values for rates of muscle gain."

Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

another intersting fact

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:

• mesomorphic metabolism

also as you read further on , his method of calculating the rate of gains is an fractional expression of the body weight...no mention of body frame, wrist width, ankle circumference, etc

for someone in the middle of the gaussian curve or within +/- 2 SD , even if we suppose this to be near accurate , this formula is not for lifters above the 99 percentile ( the top 1% of the population or the so called GENETIC FREAKS)

plus it conveniently ignores the metabolic affliations of an individual ( endo, meso, ecto, endo-meso etc)

hopefully you understand what I'm talking about now???

or is it too much for you

See previous comments as you are repeating yourself - and therefore have still not answered the question.

I tell you what though - hows about you get some optimal training for 6 months and show us what your maximum potential is. Also, and back to the original topic, let us know how those lifts of yours are progressing. Based on your track of equating lifts to genetic potential for LBM, you should be pretty much maxed out by then - we can see how they compare then.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

another intersting fact

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:

• mesomorphic metabolism

I think you need to read further on.

Also, somatotypes? Really??

why not ??
    somatotypes are based on BMR-->dictated by Thyroid levels-->depends on genetic code

x9hb4hcto6bz.jpg
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

another intersting fact

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:

• mesomorphic metabolism

Body weight - 82.4kg

Gym Performance -
    Squat 145kg
    Bench 80kg
    Dead 160kg

Platform -
    Bench 77.5kg

some interesting facts-

another intersting fact

3 years is a long time
    Interesting facts:

• mesomorphic metabolism

hopefully you understand what I'm talking about now???

or is it too much for you

No, it's too much for you. Stop with the bro science. Steve Reves claims are not subject to validatuon and probably a myth generated by miss remembered facts and no way we can determine the valdity. No one has ever shown any natural or even drug enhanced growth at that rate.
This discussion has been closed.