5'2" 1200 cal looking for friends for weight loss support

Replies

• rune1990
    rune1990 Posts: 543 Member
    Hi!!! I'm 5'2.5 sw of 223 cw 208.6 gw of 123 'cause that's 100lbs! Eating 1200 cals and finding it very do-able. Honestly I'm not sure what my goal weight will be. I'm 43 and I have high blood pressure that was out of control even tho I was on medication! That was very scary, and I'm so glad I found MFP. CICO really appeals to my numbers type personality and its not some mythical combination that I have to pray works. I'm enjoying this journey! I tend to get a little seasonal depression so I'm hoping to add some awesome folks to keep me distracted when winter returns.

So add me! It will be great to do this with others in the same boat :smile:
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    I'm 5'1.5" and usually eat around 1200. My starting weight was 126 and I'm at 120; the lowest I got to was 118, but couldn't maintain that low. My diary is open -- I'm usually at or below 1200 during the week, but definitely went way over with Thai food yesterday; however, I had burned a ton of calories kickboxing for an hour and cleaning my entire house. However, that's atypical. Check menu from Tuesday through Thursday if you want to get an idea of how to balance the food over a day.
  • sarahlayton03
    sarahlayton03 Posts: 8 Member
    I will return the favor with support!
    hcdo wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" eating around 1200-1250 as well. I'd love some ideas from others about low cal, highly-filling foods as often I tend to go over my cals for the day and yet am still hungry. It doesn't help that I live in a house with teenage boys all over 6' who can basically eat an entire cow in one sitting and not gain an ounce.

omg those lucky boys!! it may seem like over kill but i plan out my food at least a day in advance and i eat every two hours. the snacks are small portions but can usually hold me over for two short hours until i get to eat again! i love food and i also love planning a splurge or bigger meal in the day and maker smarter/smaller decisions for the remaining meals/snacks. my weakest point of the day is my late afternoon snack around 3:30 at work..i always get tired and hungry around then and feel the weakest. i need to figure this out. i like adding chia seeds for fiber and filling

I tried a hydroxy cut gummy today, my husband got them, and for the 1st time I wasn't hungry the rest of the day. I still ate dinner but usually I gorge the rest of the day so I am hopeful about using this product to get me to goal.
  • sarahlayton03
    sarahlayton03 Posts: 8 Member
    rune1990 wrote: »
    Hi!!! I'm 5'2.5 sw of 223 cw 208.6 gw of 123 'cause that's 100lbs! Eating 1200 cals and finding it very do-able. Honestly I'm not sure what my goal weight will be. I'm 43 and I have high blood pressure that was out of control even tho I was on medication! That was very scary, and I'm so glad I found MFP. CICO really appeals to my numbers type personality and its not some mythical combination that I have to pray works. I'm enjoying this journey! I tend to get a little seasonal depression so I'm hoping to add some awesome folks to keep me distracted when winter returns.

So add me! It will be great to do this with others in the same boat :smile:

The gym helped me with the winter blues last winter.
  • 80eightkeys
    80eightkeys Posts: 13 Member
    I'm 5'2" and eating about 1200 calories. My SW was 155, my CW is 137, and my GW is 120. If I get to 120 and still want to slim down I might go to 115 or 110. We'll see. I was hoping to reach my GW before fall semester starts, but I don't think that'll happen anymore. I think I'll be fine though if I can at least get under 130 by the time school starts again. I was generally 145 for the past year or two, but second semester, I gained 10 pounds and didn't find out until I went home for Easter. That was when I decided I needed to change things up! I'd always wanted to lose weight, but this is the hardest and longest that I've worked at it. Feel free to add me!
  • bethanyhiggins_xx
    bethanyhiggins_xx Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 5 foot 2 but my current weight is 176 and want to get down to 119 which is what I was before.

Please add me anyone I need support :)
  • seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    Yes, me too! I need to order a second scale from Amazon for my desk. People think I'm OCD for my food weighing and logging but it actually works! I notice that when I eyeball a measurement (like scoop it into a bowl to weigh it) i am really good now but i still have to use the scale to be sure!

Yeah my boyfriend thinks I'm a bit crazy. I weigh every glass of milk and stuff. When I cook things like pasta, I weigh mine out and cook it in a separate pot so I know exactly how much I'm eating compared to his pasta I just pour however much. After using the food scale for awhile, I'm pretty confident in my estimating but when I'm at home I just do it out of habit and just to make sure I know exactly how many calories I'm eating.
  • TheOccultKitty
    TheOccultKitty Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 5'4", and I know that's a bit taller than 5'2" but I would really appreciate some weight loss friends. CW 136, GW 125. I have been trying to loose weight on my own for a while with lifting weights and running, and eating what I felt was healthy (without tracking calories), but have been at a plateau for a couple of months now. So i have decided to try MFP. Also eating around 1200 calories a day.

Also, yay this is my first post. :)
  • 3audkids
    3audkids Posts: 74 Member
    Hello, 5'2" eating 1200 calories too. At least trying. CW 144-GW 125-130. UP user too and could use more teammates.
  • CristalSCarter
    CristalSCarter Posts: 28 Member
    I'm a 5'1 21 y/o and I'm also on 1200 calories and I work out 4 times a week at least. Before MFP I was 200 lbs, my SW after starting MFP was about 150 but i haven't weighed myself since then. My goal weight is 120 lbs. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • bezlooney
    bezlooney Posts: 81 Member
    Hi All, please add me as a friend if you are interesting in sharing diaries, and motivating each other. SW: 133 CW: 121 GW: 113

5"2 cw:112 gw:105. I weigh everything and have logged everyday for over 600days. Feel free to friend me.
  • missnamorley
    missnamorley Posts: 14 Member
    Hello :) I'm 5"2 and doing 1154 cals a day. I'm down 2st 3lb so far. Feel free to add me :) x
  • seekingbetterme
    seekingbetterme Posts: 39 Member
    I'm 5'4", and I know that's a bit taller than 5'2" but I would really appreciate some weight loss friends. CW 136, GW 125. I have been trying to loose weight on my own for a while with lifting weights and running, and eating what I felt was healthy (without tracking calories), but have been at a plateau for a couple of months now. So i have decided to try MFP. Also eating around 1200 calories a day.

Last year I was almost the same stats as you! I'm 5'3". I was about 137 and I went down to 126. At 1200 per day and 30 min of cardio 3 times per week it only took about 1.75 months! But I didn't maintain my eating and exercise habits so now I'm at 145... but my GW is still in the 124-126 range!
  • GogoYu
    GogoYu Posts: 1 Member
    5'2" relative newbie here. Working with 1200 calories also. Good to know there are others or the with just the bare minimum caloric requirements. :)
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member

Last year I was almost the same stats as you! I'm 5'3". I was about 137 and I went down to 126. At 1200 per day and 30 min of cardio 3 times per week it only took about 1.75 months! But I didn't maintain my eating and exercise habits so now I'm at 145... but my GW is still in the 124-126 range!

Were you eating back your calories on your cardio days? Just curious...I'm the same stats as you! 5'3" started at 136 and now at 127... I can't seem to lose anymore!
  • kimlybaker
    kimlybaker Posts: 6 Member
    hi all, I'm Kim 5'5" 220lbs just starting this journey would appreciate any tips or suggestion and I would give any I have.. Anyone has any suggestions on a good detox
  • Blubberboss
    Blubberboss Posts: 26 Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm 5' 3" and my gw was135. I thought I would look really good at that but then I read some of your gw's and now I feel like crying!! I've got further to go than I thought. Edited to add I'm 155 now, down from 168.
  • petitehealth
    petitehealth Posts: 148 Member
    I will return the favor with support!
    hcdo wrote: »
    I'm 5'3" eating around 1200-1250 as well. I'd love some ideas from others about low cal, highly-filling foods as often I tend to go over my cals for the day and yet am still hungry. It doesn't help that I live in a house with teenage boys all over 6' who can basically eat an entire cow in one sitting and not gain an ounce.

omg those lucky boys!! it may seem like over kill but i plan out my food at least a day in advance and i eat every two hours. the snacks are small portions but can usually hold me over for two short hours until i get to eat again! i love food and i also love planning a splurge or bigger meal in the day and maker smarter/smaller decisions for the remaining meals/snacks. my weakest point of the day is my late afternoon snack around 3:30 at work..i always get tired and hungry around then and feel the weakest. i need to figure this out. i like adding chia seeds for fiber and filling

I tried a hydroxy cut gummy today, my husband got them, and for the 1st time I wasn't hungry the rest of the day. I still ate dinner but usually I gorge the rest of the day so I am hopeful about using this product to get me to goal.

do you know how many calories and carbs are in the gummies?
  • petitehealth
    3audkids wrote: »
    Hello, 5'2" eating 1200 calories too. At least trying. CW 144-GW 125-130. UP user too and could use more teammates.

what is UP?
  • petitehealth
    I'm a 5'1 21 y/o and I'm also on 1200 calories and I work out 4 times a week at least. Before MFP I was 200 lbs, my SW after starting MFP was about 150 but i haven't weighed myself since then. My goal weight is 120 lbs. Feel free to add me :smile:

wow great progess!