WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY2015

Options

Replies

• miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    vinegar and water 50/50 will also get rid of cat urine smell in wood floors or other porous materials.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy mon-one tired and sick gramma.think too much sun.took Violet to the pool for 3 hours.Felt so good to walk in the water.Got home last night and sick.Today,gonna just rest.
    Hugs to all
    jane
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Janettr wow! Proud of you!

Thank you, Margaret. I'm really trying to focus on the positives like doctor said. I feel so much better and have more energy t h an I ever thot I would have again in my life. That's much more important than a few more pounds. :)
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Janet, if you are e><ercising, you are building muscle. Muscle is more dense than fat so you can be smaller, but the scale might not show it. Muscle tissue is much healthier for you than fat tissue. So rely on inches lost, and how clothes fit, rather than the scale. It is very inaccurate!

Miriam, thank you. My clothes are much looser, some verging on too big. It's a noticeable difference. I'll just hang in there. :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Janettr wow! Proud of you!

Thank you, Margaret. I'm really trying to focus on the positives like doctor said. I feel so much better and have more energy t h an I ever thot I would have again in my life. That's much more important than a few more pounds. :)

This is just about what my husband said to me this weekend. Being disappointed in the slow weight loss I was somewhat complaining. He looked over all my "stats" and said I was actually doing quite well. He also said that he has not seen me feel this good in a very long time. I agreed with him on that point. I finally feel that I am over a mysterious illness I had in 8/2013 that wiped everything out of me and continued to linger in my system till just recently. Be happy in where you stand now as it is better than were you once stood! :)

Cheri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    To all you losers of fat and gainers of strength, muscle, energy, joy and self- respect - CONGRATULATIONS! :drinker:

Heather UK.
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    bkrimpet - I wish it was a cause/affect situation. Unfortunately, since my DD is starved for attention from her dad, and chose to live several hundred miles from me, I'm afraid the injuries and illnesses are a cry for attention. Same with her weight. If she stays heavy and loses a boyfriend, it makes him a shallow loser. She has broken up with boys because a different girl tells her that the boyfriend said something mean about her weight, without ever checking for the facts. Her paternal aunt and grandma both lost hundreds of pounds with surgery, and both put it all back on within a few years. She has used food as a bargaining or contol issue since she was 5 when her dad was so depressed he couldn't work. I had to get a second job, and he only woke-up long enough to cook her food (mac & cheese, ramen, etc) and re-start the movie in the VCR. It is my understanding that her excessive weight makes the PCO worse, and makes fertility difficult, too. Plus, it's tough, at the age of 24, to break a bone in your foot without an injury. I'm guessing she needs inserts for her shoes. Sorry, this got long and wheepy. I guess it has been bothering me for many years (decades maybe?), and I didn't mean to dump it all here, but thanks for giving me a safe place to release it!

Janetr - keep up the good work, and worry less about the scale.

Terri
  • janetr7476
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Cheri - thank you so much. "I shall be happy where I stand". :)

@Heather - I'll take grab some of that congrats. Lol. Making the Spinach Feta Pie for dinner. Hope it looks as pretty as yours!!

@Terri - Thanks for the gentle shove off the scale. I will keep on as planned. :) You can dump, release and even weep a little with us. That's what we're here for. (((Hugs)))

Thank you all. This great group is exactly what I need. Encouragement and motivation and a push in the right direction.

Looks like rain coming. I hope so.

Janetr
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I do think the weekends I am off go by so much faster then the weekends I work. We had a very nice weekend with DD and family. One Saturday I got in over 14,000 steps as we were at the park and taking pictures.I have a big blister on my one toe and a couple other really sore spots. DD loves taking pictures so we now have a lot of new ones and am happy about that. Then DS calls last evening to let us know DGD is in trouble and they called the police. She turned 21 last month and thinks drinking and driving are ok. So when she came home drunk and they confronted her she took off and they called the police. As of this morning they have not found her, but I am worried. She is going to hurt herself or someone else. Prayers are welcome.
    Going to be another HOT week. Glad I am working today and the next three. Some rain would be nice, so far it has managed to go around us. I did get half our lawn mowed Saturday before anyone came. Have some places I want to get some weed killer down, may do that this evening. Also have acouple places I want to put grass down. My friend Lee gave me a couple rolls of grass seed that you just roll out where you want it and water it good. Never tried it before so will see how that works.
    See I have over 150 posts since I was here on Friday. So will do my best to catch up.
    Heather--Love the picture. Thanks for sharing and glad your trip went well.
    Carol peach--Is there anyway you could make the top smaller? I am not very good at sewing, but just a thought.
    Michele--Sending prayers for you and Vince. Katla please keep us posted until Michele can.
    Allison--Hugs!
    DJ--Thanks for the reminders on why I am doing this.
    cory17--sending prayers for your friend.
    Joyce--Thanks for explainning the EP exam. Sorry to hear DH is being so unreasonable about the treatment.
    yanniejannie--Hope you have a great trip, miss you, but have fun, we will be here when you get back.
    Jane--Congrates on 22 years, that is something to be proud of.

This afternoon has gone to #### in a basket. First the "boss" is crazy and then they came in and gave us all new computers so we are updated. Well all our stuff is gone and part of it they can not get back. So have to start over. I am so ready to go home. Have a good night ladies and I will be back tomorrow and hoping for a better day. Boss will not be here so that is a start.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hi gals. It’s a beautiful warm day here today. I got the template made for my new kitchen countertop then went to work and graded 15 mediocre papers! Benny is at the vet’s right now getting his ear re-checked and hopefully this time he’ll get his vaccinations. I’m happy to report I got in 5 hours 45 minutes of exercise last week and got my 8,000 steps 4 of the 7 days…need to improve there but it’s going well I think.

Carol: why is DD cranky because her brother is coming to lunch?

Lori: congrats on your weight loss

Lambocj: welcome aboard!

Pip: spoiler alert…lecture coming! Take care of yourself. You will have plenty of time to do other things! Heal!
    Rest! Be good!

Sylvia: yikes on the building! Screaming with laughter over the panty comment.

Rosie: did the humidity improve?

Terri: glad to know someone who sounds almost as low tech as I am!

Miriam: I hope you feel better soon and determine for certain where the gluten snuck in

Crazydoglady wow so impressive!!!

Barbie: glad you are having fun at the festival

Michele: if Vince is only on the amio for a couple of months, his skin may not turn blue at all. I know people who are on it long term (meaning for the rest of their lives) and they are the ones with the blue skin. I think that short term if it did turn it would go back. Hopefully he can find something that works for him!

Katla: enjoy your trip!

Lozinit: welcome to the group. Some of us have been here for years, but there are many newcomers

Joyce: butter glue! OK For the hair….electrolysis. I have done it for years…first my face (I had a great beard from polycystic ovary disease) and now my upper thighs and eyebrows. Laser works ok for dark hair, but I did not see much in the way of results since my facial hair is red and blonde. Plus they say it is not permanent….at least the electrolysis, which takes a longer time is permanent. Just be sure you find someone who understands asepsis! My electrologist is an RN.

Tina: sometimes staying at home is the best vacation!!! Great pups! Funny though the second one looks just like a good friend of mine…hair and all.

Heather: I went to the store to buy halibut for fish tacos and omg they were $21 a pound! For tacos! The clerk sold me cod for under $7! Sending prayers for DH

Janet: yup the knees have held up!

Teri: enjoy your concert~!

Vicki: sending prayers for DGD

OK ladies off again. Take care all, meg from Omaha
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Tuesday and took my asthma meds this morning and slept well last night. Only shopping and walking and keeping cals low at 1461
    Monday and SICK no training or walking and went to bed at 7.30pm. Cals only 1016. Took my Ventolin and slept well
    Lesley in Tasmania
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Today I took the kids to swim lessons. Forgot the towels, so hubby brought them up to me at the pool. In the meantime, my son's (estranged) wife drank almost a gallon of rum, then came to his place being belligerent. She was in such sad shape that he and the building manager called an ambulance. They took her to the ER where her blood alcohol level was three times the legal limit. She told the doc that she was trying to kill herself, but she refused to do a voluntary commitment. So, my son called her dad and the two of them signed for her to be involuntarily committed. She is not happy with my son at all, but what else could he do? She had agreed to enter rehab on the 27th, and gotten all screened and the paperwork done, so I don't know how this is going to change that. My poor son is a basket case.

So, I took the kids over to the big pool in Joplin so they didn't have to know all that was going on. We spent three hours at the pool and they had a great time. But I have to admit I was happy to finally drop them off. They are such jabberboxes!

So now I intend to relax a little bit. And I ate three squares of Dove chocolate, and I'm not sorry. Not one little bit.

Have a great evening!

Sylvia
  • italy10548
    italy10548 Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

csofled wrote: »

xabgtv1glyw5.jpg

Have a great Monday!

Cheri

Cheri- thanks for the reminder. Some days I'm so busy taking care of everyone else that I forget to make time for me. Still working on this one.

The rain can yesterday and it rained for about 6 hours. We have now met our annual rainfall total but are still behind because of how dry it's been for the past 2 years. I only got in 8000 steps splashing in puddles carry my umbrella! But it was fun and I felt like a kid again o:) Today it is dry and the humidity is all but gone. I am going on a hike with my kids here soon and will try to post pictures later.

Make it a great day ladies. Sending prayers for all the medical struggles, and a yahoo to all with scale victories! I've lost a measly half pound even with all the steps and pool time. Oh well, better than gaining.

Rosie in So Cal
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, so sorry! And I wouldn't feel guilty about the chocolate if I had gone through a day like that either!
  • pipcd34
    edited July 2015
    Options
    stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 12.17min, 14.4amph, 2.9mi = 88c
    spin- 30min, 83ar, 102aw, 11-15g, 11.2mi = 278c
    ride gym 2 dome- 7.41min, 10.7amph, 1.3mi WINDY! = 67c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.31min, 8.7amph, 2.6mi WINDY!!= 187c
    total cal 620.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Meg - the girl child is six year older than her brother and has never forgiven him for being born. She thinks she should still be an only child. On occasion they show how much they care about each other but, mostly, they argue all if the time. He's already asked me (multiple times) when she is leaving to go back to her house.

I worked too long again today. I had sat down yesterday and wrote out a rough schedule but didn't stick to it today. I was so tired that, not only did I cry on my baked cod at supper, I felt my heart flutter. Tomorrow, I tell them all what my schedule is and will have my ride home there at 3 PM to pick me up.

At one job, they have been reimbursing employees for their health insurance for, I guess, forever. The new laws in place no longer allow that and the cut off before fines began was July 1. It's not my job to know these things but I learned anyway through reading a trade newsletter. They didn't pass the adjustments to the budget until after my surgery. I went in the week after my surgery (in an oxycodone/morphine haze) and updated the payroll information. That is, AFTER I chased down someone with the info needed--they don't think to share that sort of stuff with me. Well, I didn't do it exactly right. Big surprise!! Even though I stated last week that I would correct it, I still had a long demanding email about it today. Also, there is one employee who can't seem to grasp information (he has a masters degree) and he took over one hour of my time today REPEATEDLY asking me to explain his paycheck to him. He's why I didn't leave when planned...

As I was typing this, the boy child came downstairs to hug me good night. I had gotten onto him because he'd left a wet glass on my 6-month-old end table and the wood is all raised and yucky. I swear that it should be possible to have decent furniture after your youngest is 18! He's sorry and, to his credit, didn't offer any excuses or try to belittle my frustration.

Thanks for listening to me vent/rant. I can't say I had a really bad day. I just don't have the resources to deal with stuff right now.

I'm already medicated and "in couch" so I hope I can relax enough to sleep well. Especially since I will have to be up by 5:45 am to have help getting my bra on. :frowning:

Exhausted Carol in NC
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Sylvia, I feel so sad about the day you had! Hope the involuntary stint does some good.
    Terri, it sounds like you have had years of problems to cope with. I have been there too. My DD1 has been through ups and downs but is happily married now and I think the hormonal aspect of the Pcos is getting to her. Biological clock is ticking away. Prayers for our children -- and for us!
    You can vent anytime. It is not easy being a parent of an adult. My mom used to say when they were little they were little problems and when they were big they were big problems. So true!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening my friends,

Heather, I’m so sorry to hear about DH’s problems. I hope going back on the meds does the trick.

Sylvia, those are some heavy panties! When you sit down, does your butt seem heavy?? Like just dropping into the seat? jumpy.gif Glad you got the kids back with no problems.

Allison, that gym sounds wonderful. How far is it from your house?

Tammy, sorry you didn’t get your burger. Once you have your taste buds set for something it is disappointing to not get it, but like you said, it saved the calories.

Betty, the bottom line is that until someone is really ready to do something, nothing we do or say will make any difference. It’s the same with quitting smoking. You just have to be ready, then it doesn’t seem so hard. Good luck.

Mia, I have no idea what the shaking hands was about? DH mentioned it to me last week, because he used to make fun of me all the time, especially when I was cooking. He noticed it.

MNMargaret, I love both pictures from the garden tour. Thanks for sharing.

Gale, welcome. We all have to stay mindful and most of us don’t want to. Trust me, it is worth it. I have only lost my first 55 pounds but am physically so much better off. It will help your knees with every pound you lose. Log every bit and sip and come here often. You can do this. You just have to know you are worth it.

Cory, what in the world have you eaten that you are over by 500 calories and it’s just after lunch? What can we do to help??? Do you need a hug? A swift kick? Just let us know, as we are here for you. You can do this, you know.

Janetr, sorry for your disappointment at the doctors. How many calories do you eat a day? Are you having to eat a bunch of small meals? Don’t give up! Even with the surgery, I’m sure they never told you it would be easy. We are all behind you.

Terri, you had me laughing on that one. Yeppers, it’s a good idea to keep those life insurance premiums paid. smiley-happy112.gif What fun with your concert tickets!!!! I love that music, too.

Mia, thanks for the story about your wedding guests. It sounds like it would make a good movie. Lol

Jane, I am sending healing thoughts for you to feel better soon.

Cheri, I agree with your DH!!!! You are doing great, just keep on keepin’ on.

Terri, you know you can dump on us any time. And we don’t even considering it dumping. It is such a helpless feeling when our child goes through something like that and we can’t help. ((((Hugs))))

Vicki, sending prayers for your DGD. I hope she has come home by now but do let us know when you can.

Meg, is that halibut served in a solid gold tray from the grocer? eeek.gif OMG is right. I think $7 is outrageous, even though that seems to be the going rate.

Leslie, hope you are feeling better.

Sylvia, it sounds like a stressful day. I hope the Dove chocolate helped? Take care.

Rosie, glad you got that rain. smiley-happy053.gif

Carol NC, sending only the most loving and positive thoughts your way. I know you want to be well and back able to do everything for yourself. Hopefully it will come sooner than you think. Hang in there. (((((((Hugs))))))) smiley-happy065.gif

It was a rather busy day but a good one. I finally got fingernails and toes done. Had a Women of the Moose meeting tonight. I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow to get results of labs. Then line dancing class after lunch.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy day. rose.gif

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, smiley-love013.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options