Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My husband was out of town today, so he stopped at the kitchen store in the town west from us and surprised me with the egg molds. Then while I packed my 1st bento he was boiling my eggs ! Love him! The biscuits and bunny egg is for breakfast , the mango and strawberries with dried beef are for snack, and lunch is a chicken wrap with veggies and ranch dip! All come in at just a little under 900 cals.
    ldl91rvtzu1a.jpg
    banuyuv9bfo442.jpg
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    OOO...I've been thinking about buying a new tupperware set soon and you guys inspired me! Always like bento boxes. Can't wait to post some pictures once I get my new set. B)
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I got both of my bento today! Didn't take long at all, considering it was delivered from China!

Now. I need that recipe for honey chicken that someone keeps posting. It looks delicious.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    PixelPuff wrote: »
    I got both of my bento today! Didn't take long at all, considering it was delivered from China!

Now. I need that recipe for honey chicken that someone keeps posting. It looks delicious.

It's been like 40 pages since I posted this link, I need to post it again; sweet-sour red wine vinegar chicken Soooooooo gooooooood *drools*
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    Nooo, instead of the two different ones [pig and cat], they sent me two 'cat' ones. xD; Doubles.

Mangrothian, that looks so goooood. x-x
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I feel like a little kid, I can't wait to pack my lunch ! I stopped at the Dollar tree and they had sooo many containers to choose from. I got all these for $3.22 !!!
    xifc2esrkjkf.jpg

Ooh, I love Dollar Tree. Never thought to check out their tupperwares.

Nooo, instead of the two different ones [pig and cat], they sent me two 'cat' ones. xD; Doubles.

But kitties are awesome! I can't believe your stuff came so soon, can't wait to see them :astonished:

• PixelPuff
    Options
    I feel like a little kid, I can't wait to pack my lunch ! I stopped at the Dollar tree and they had sooo many containers to choose from. I got all these for $3.22 !!!
    xifc2esrkjkf.jpg

Ooh, I love Dollar Tree. Never thought to check out their tupperwares.

But kitties are awesome! I can't believe your stuff came so soon, can't wait to see them :astonished:

The kitty one looks like an awkward seal. xD; The pig was adorbs. Was kinda lookin' forward to it more.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    So I haven't posted in a while. Getting ready for a move during the summer, so the boxes are in use, some! Today was for the whole family. Tuna rice balls (mayo, mustard, curry), halved for the young ones, hubby made his own lunch of chicken fries, carrots, cheese, with bbq sauce (in green) and mine (in red) was kale wrapped tuna salad (mayo, mustard, carrots, onions, spinach) with yaki onigiri (butter/soy). Also brought along cookies, which I had too many of :( Oh well. My food came out to 502 (not with any cookies). It was well worth it.
    be854cf6bbc04452ce0eabc6f33ffda9.png
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mmm everyone's lunch looks fab!!

Havent had time to take pics lately as I've barely had time to eat lunch, far too busy for my liking :(

Pics tomorrow hopefully!
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    Here's today's boxes. Lunch is shrimp stirfried in sesame oil, mini peppers, edamame and rice blend. Snacks are: strawberries and dry roasted edamame, carrots and mini-baybel. Lunch is 433 cals, snacks are 267.2pa4uap7dw1g.jpg
    hm3a3el2lzhs.jpg
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    My husband texted me yesterday, asking if I wanted to go out for sushi last night.....Is this a question?? So I have a couple pieces of leftover California roll to go with my turkey-swiss roll-up! I broke up a square of dark chocolate to fill in the gap, which it didn't quite manage to do. And then salad.
    n7dafx3efpej.jpg
  • Sandyslosenit
    Options
    My bento is packed for tomorrow ! Breakfast is the biscuits and teddy bear egg. Lunch is the salami wrap, sweet peppers and grapes. Snack is the spicy nuts and dried beef. And a big bottle of Kombucha to sip on all day ! 920 cals. ohyspgpe781c.jpg
    AND my new Owl bag - love , love , love it!
  • madeleadele
    madeleadele Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    8qhaajxvit0a.jpg
    Lunch from earlier today! Saffron rice with steamed broccoli and salmon patties!! Added a little ketchup - super good and came in at a little over 400 cals. Also had some kombucha and dried mango as a snack!
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    @Sandyslosenit @madeleadele Okay, that's two of you. What is kombucha? I would have guessed alcohol, but not if you're sipping on it all day (or at least I hope not anyway :blush: ). I have to go out to a client tomorrow, so no bento for me.
  • Sandyslosenit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Sandyslosenit @madeleadele Okay, that's two of you. What is kombucha? I would have guessed alcohol, but not if you're sipping on it all day (or at least I hope not anyway :blush: ). I have to go out to a client tomorrow, so no bento for me.

It's fermented tea , so good ! It's full of probiotics and fizzy yumminess. If you buy it at a health food store it can cost you about $4.-$5. a bottle , but I ferment my own with a contentious brew system. It's about $.37 a bottle to do it yourself. I try to drink 2oz before every meal or snack. It's carbonated, sweet, and tart - very filling for me. I was struggling with crazy cravings and feeling staved all the time, but this feels me up and gets me thru the day. At 60 cals for a 16oz bottle it's a fantastic tool , plus treat !
  • mangrothian
    Options

It's fermented tea , so good ! It's full of probiotics and fizzy yumminess. If you buy it at a health food store it can cost you about $4.-$5. a bottle , but I ferment my own with a contentious brew system. It's about $.37 a bottle to do it yourself. I try to drink 2oz before every meal or snack. It's carbonated, sweet, and tart - very filling for me. I was struggling with crazy cravings and feeling staved all the time, but this feels me up and gets me thru the day. At 60 cals for a 16oz bottle it's a fantastic tool , plus treat !

I don't mind kombucha, but it's not a drink I actively think of. I like my plain old green tea and coffee addiction.

and @Sandyslosenit , love the cooler bag (I may have a thing for owls).
  • mangrothian
    Options
    Sale on fresh tuna at the supermarket! I was like a kid in a candy store, except it wasn't candy, it was fish. I'm going to eat some strawberry pocky now.

Grilled tuna coated in pepper, rice with furikake, umeboshi, narazuke pickle, brussels sprouts, carrots and golden squash with a sprinkle of wasabi salt. Stupid out of focus photo below....

gsh2fd2680v1.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Sale on fresh tuna at the supermarket! I was like a kid in a candy store, except it wasn't candy, it was fish. I'm going to eat some strawberry pocky now.

Nooooo! Strawberry pocky is the worst flavor! Lately, it seems to be the only flavor the store has had though.

Hmm. Sounds strange. I do drink tons of tea though, maybe if I see it somewhere, I'll try it.
  • mangrothian
    Options

Nooooo! Strawberry pocky is the worst flavor! Lately, it seems to be the only flavor the store has had though.

you haven't tried the right one yet then. There are about 10 different types of strawberry pocky, some bad and some delicious. *drools*
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    5e2rvklan6fg.jpg

Layer 1: more ham sushi, broccoli, and sauted mushrooms

Layer 2: spring greens salad with mushroom, carrot, cucumber, gorgonzola and a little ham and a quarter pink grapefruit

I tried to make sushi out of sliced chicken yesterday but that didn't work too well. No picture for that reason. I'm sticking with ham for the time being :wink: