Choosing Friends

Options
13»

Replies

• angel_minor18
    angel_minor18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Dont accept friend requests without a message. Most people say why they want to add you...even put a line in your profile about it to ward off skeevers.

Problem with this advice is that a lot of people on this site only use the app to access MFP, which means they can't read that they should include a message.

Best advice is to accept, read through prior comments they've made on their profile and if you agree with their lifestyle, then keep them around.

Agree.

I didn't want friends when I first made this profile, deleted all requests. Now I've started accepting everyone and unless they are people I would avoid IRL, they stay. I'm not that interested in the friendship side of it though--one reason I deleted my last one was that there were some people who would. not. stop. messaging. me.

OP, decide what you want out of your experience on here and choose from there. Do you want people who are like you and have similar goals? Do you want chatty people? Do you want people who are more experienced (you're probably going to have to do the asking there)?

Those are great things to think about...thanks!
  • angel_minor18
    Options
    Thank you for all the great advice...some of the comments sorta took a rabbit trail, but it was obviously all in good fun lol ;-) I have definitely learned a lot from everyone's comments :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I like to actually talk to my friends, not collect them. You'll know when you've clicked with someone, if not, you can always DELETE!
  • angel_minor18
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I like to actually talk to my friends, not collect them. You'll know when you've clicked with someone, if not, you can always DELETE!

I'm starting to figure that out already...thanks!