What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• 7Tamara7
    7Tamara7 Posts: 9 Member
    wrrly wrote: »
    A sad NSV, but 5 years after inheriting a number of my mother's rings, I was able to slip her wedding ring onto my finger with room to spare. I would rather she was wearing it.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Congratulations on your progress.
  • 7Tamara7
    7Tamara7 Posts: 9 Member
    fearnsey71 wrote: »
    Love these NSVs.

I had a bug on Monday. Throwing up all day. Yesterday didn't eat much over my target cals - but still went and completed w4d2 of c25k last night. I felt as week as a kitten about an hour before but I had a banana and a good talk to myself and went late on. Oh and I only nailed that mother kisser. The 2nd 5 minute run was ended by me shouting 'YES' quite loudly waking up a few of the patrons in the gym but hey ho.

They're all big boys (actually some of them were enormous) but I can take a few funny looks from super fit super strong men and women as I wobble off a treadmill.

What they don't know is that 8 weeks ago I could barely run for 1 minute. Now I'm running for 16 out of 30 and I will smash the 8 minutes whilst I'm on my holidays in France next week.

You can do it! I can't believe you ran the day after a stomach bug, though. That's impressive!

I'm on C25K Week 7 Day 2 (completed) - we can do it!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    I squatted 125lbs 7x yesterday. even though I'm sure most people consider it very light I've been excited to hit that # for a while. I was so nervous I had my daughter come out in case I hurt myself but I was suprised i was able to keep perfect form and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!
    Youre awesome, and that is a lot of weight! I just moved on from body weight squats and added a barbell-with 40lbs on it. I cant wait to get up to 125! You rock and are so strong!!!

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Was able to do a side plank for the first time in about 4 years after having 2 twisted vertebrae in my neck, a shoulder injury and an elbow injury all on the same side (the one that was holding up my bodyweight).

11222362_10155806953385263_589603004119059589_n.jpg?oh=75a6af3c625b8e35bd8bc73d9e4f6818&oe=5613571B
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    aippolito1 wrote: »
    Was able to do a side plank for the first time in about 4 years after having 2 twisted vertebrae in my neck, a shoulder injury and an elbow injury all on the same side (the one that was holding up my bodyweight).

Great job-you must be very proud! Way to overcome your injury :)

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    My fat goggles are finally fading. I still have some work to do, but i look a whole lot better then i do 135 ponds ago.
  • tinyhug_96
    tinyhug_96 Posts: 30 Member
    • finally fitting into a size 10 after 4 whole years!
    • being able to slip on my doc martens without struggle (my calves slightly bulged out of them before) :D
    • spotted what looks like the beginning of abs in the mirror a few days ago - something i never thought i'd see! :o
  • Fulcherj1
    Fulcherj1 Posts: 35 Member
    Went to the grocery store starving. Saw limited edition smores Oreos. Picked them up...and then put them back! If I knew I would have the willpower to not binge I would've gotten them, but alas I am not there yet.
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Watched as my husband loaded up a scone with jam and clotted cream...and walked away :)
  • kingnarsis
    kingnarsis Posts: 14 Member
    No more "Saturn Ring" around my belly due to tight pants.
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Started going to the gym in the past couple of weeks to help make myself better. It's a small gym, and is empty in the morning, but today I turned up at the same time as a younger guy. It honestly took 5mins of building myself up to go in and overcome the thoughts of "He'll think I'm just fat"... "What if I can't do much compared to him?"... "What if I need a break? Then I'll just look even more unhealthy!".

In the end, I'm quite glad I went in. We said hello and then just got on with our own thing. Not so terrifying after all. I still compared myself at times but feeling like I somehow had to prove myself today made me work even harder than I would have had I been in there alone. I left there looking like a sweaty beetroot.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    This week,

Down 1.4% in body fat, 1.5 in BMI
    Up 5 lbs on bench
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Just checked my starting heart rate and my current (resting).

Starting: 85-87 (Poor)
    Current: 54 (Athlete)

Feel AMAZING!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Made it through my first kickboxing class without embarrassing myself. Looking forward to my next class. :sweat_smile:
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Just checked my starting heart rate and my current (resting).

Starting: 85-87 (Poor)
    Current: 54 (Athlete)

Feel AMAZING!

Sweet
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Ok so this is a scale victory in disguise but we do a weight loss group at work, nothing serious just for fun and we just weigh in each week. Anyway today I achieved my 10% weight loss since the beginning of the year. I'm second on the leaderboard and creeping up on the person in first place very fast! :)
  • khill5555
    khill5555 Posts: 33 Member
    My NSV is that I am sticking with it! I have gone from a 26W to a 22W....47 lbs gone and only a few people have noticed. In the past I would let that get me down but for some reason this time I don't care if people notice or not because I notice and I feel good! This is the first time that I don't feel like I am dieting but instead its a life style change for me. Still have 80 lbs to go so my journey is far from over but its 1 lb and 1 day at a time for me this time! :-)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Can now fit in a size 14 dress (used to wear 20-22). I always end up lower in pant size compared to dress size. Stepsister's wedding is still months away so I'll have to start shopping for a dress in early October.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    Started being able to do traditional push ups again, rather than knee push ups.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Completed a full swim workout in an hour this morning. I have a book of workouts that I use, but always end up cutting it short. But not today! I did the full set, and swam 2.35km in total :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!