Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Sale on fresh tuna at the supermarket! I was like a kid in a candy store, except it wasn't candy, it was fish. I'm going to eat some strawberry pocky now.

Nooooo! Strawberry pocky is the worst flavor! Lately, it seems to be the only flavor the store has had though.

you haven't tried the right one yet then. There are about 10 different types of strawberry pocky, some bad and some delicious. *drools*

I've only had the Glico brand, and it tasted like pink plastic. The other two here are faves though.

iizbyu47xghk.jpg

• Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I don't mind kombucha, but it's not a drink I actively think of. I like my plain old green tea and coffee addiction.

and @Sandyslosenit , love the cooler bag (I may have a thing for owls).

I love it , but I'm one of those people that always puts a shot of apple cider vinegar in my water every morning. I love the sweet an sour. Once I discovered Kombucha , I was like "Where have you been all my life!?!" Lol ! I started having 2 oz before every meal or snack and I started loosing weight without really thinking to much about it. So I though while I have the motivation, let it work for me. So I got back on here at the 1st of the month to start logging again , but I'm really not struggling this time. Then when I saw this thread about BENTO , I was so excited to find another tool to keep me "Armed" in the weight-loss war with myself.
    I'm an Owl freak myself ! It's another little obsession. If I see something with owls on it I feel like I HAVE to own it !!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Rice, turkey-swiss roll-up, turkey-cheddar roll-up, and salad. Kinda boring bento today, but it's what I had. :/
    mcd1rpinc3lc.jpg
  • Sandyslosenit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    6j5hd04kfrcc.jpg
    My bento for tomorrow. Biscuits n bunny egg for breakfast, Sweet n Sour meatballs and Smoked hummus with snap peas & sweet peppers for lunch, Grapes & Energy Bites for snack, and a bottle of Kombucha. All just under 900cals.
  • LadyAhiru
    LadyAhiru Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My vacation is almost over and i will be back to making bentos next week!
    Right on time my new stuff arrived^^

mjdf3s6wfm5y.jpg
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've turned into a lurker for the past few weeks while my bento stuff is at home and I'm working out of town, so I had to chime in and say that I get so many new post alerts all of a sudden! The bento addiction is spreading faster than the zombie apocalypse!

Also, I love kombucha. You have to kind of be careful, though, when you buy it and check labels so you don't end up with a brand that adds tons of sugar and stuff to it. Synergy is my favorite. They make a kombucha that has chia in it. I think kombucha sort of tastes like juice with a tangy zip to it... Even though it is fermented tea, it doesn't taste very tea-like to me. (And Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fans might say it tastes "almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea").
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    LadyAhiru wrote: »

mjdf3s6wfm5y.jpg
    Oh wow that stuff looks so cute! >__<
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sale on fresh tuna at the supermarket! I was like a kid in a candy store, except it wasn't candy, it was fish. I'm going to eat some strawberry pocky now.

Nooooo! Strawberry pocky is the worst flavor! Lately, it seems to be the only flavor the store has had though.

you haven't tried the right one yet then. There are about 10 different types of strawberry pocky, some bad and some delicious. *drools*

I've only had the Glico brand, and it tasted like pink plastic. The other two here are faves though.

iizbyu47xghk.jpg
    I've had Pepero brand (made in Korea) more recently, and they have a wide variety of flavors which I find to all be pretty good! I grew up with Glico and never had any issues; however, my favorite is chocolate (I reeeeally loved pocky as a teenager >.o)
  • PixieGoddess
    Options
    Leftover fried chicken, mixed veggies, and rice, with a side salad
    obbimgld0fhx.jpg
    Lol, and apparently my Programming text book made it into the picture.
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you are all terrible influences! I saw this and went strait to pinterest. I didn't realize but my 5 yr old son always asks me to make him a "special lunch" which consists of lots of little variety items neatly displayed. I just ordered one for myeslf and for him for the school year. I need to learn how to make sticky rice so I can make him some rice balls in his lunch. (he loves rice) It's tempting to get the seaweed punch out faces. I was wondering about salt... but I see some of these have little salt shakers. I don't have much of a need to pack a lunch as I am a stay at home mother and studio potter at home. But I am getting into real estate within the next few months and then I will probably need to do this. Keep the inspiration coming!!
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    LadyAhiru wrote: »

mjdf3s6wfm5y.jpg
    Oh wow that stuff looks so cute! >__<

thank you!
    I can not wait to make Panda Onigiri^^
  • LadyAhiru
    Options
    you are all terrible influences! I saw this and went strait to pinterest. I didn't realize but my 5 yr old son always asks me to make him a "special lunch" which consists of lots of little variety items neatly displayed. I just ordered one for myeslf and for him for the school year. I need to learn how to make sticky rice so I can make him some rice balls in his lunch. (he loves rice) It's tempting to get the seaweed punch out faces. I was wondering about salt... but I see some of these have little salt shakers. I don't have much of a need to pack a lunch as I am a stay at home mother and studio potter at home. But I am getting into real estate within the next few months and then I will probably need to do this. Keep the inspiration coming!!

Sticky rice is actually really easy to make! http://www.tablespoon.com/posts/how-to-make-sticky-rice-at-home/8109b0e4-ac06-4a0a-aa7f-50d5bcfe3cb9

Also the 20 bucks i spend on a rice cooker where the best money ever spend!
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

I think the word you're looking for is awesome, not terrible ;)

No bento for me today. Late work night and a severe case of the cbf's. That, and I have no rice stash >○<
  • Sandyslosenit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    rnp93jczjz1h.jpg
    My bento for tomorrow ! I didn't need breakfast , I'm going in late so I started with my 1st snack witch is Energy Bites & Grapes , lunch is a Tuna patty with Feta n Taztiki sauce on couscous & side of edamame , 2nd snack is Smoked Hummus n mini peppers & snap peas. Plus a bottle of Kombucha. 843 cals !
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    That, and I have no rice stash >○<

What?! How do you sleep at night???

rnp93jczjz1h.jpg
    My bento for tomorrow ! I didn't need breakfast , I'm going in late so I started with my 1st snack witch is Energy Bites & Grapes , lunch is a Tuna patty with Feta n Taztiki sauce on couscous & side of edamame , 2nd snack is Smoked Hummus n mini peppers & snap peas. Plus a bottle of Kombucha. 843 cals !

What are the Energy bites? They look like something you made?

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    That, and I have no rice stash >○<

What?! How do you sleep at night???

*hangs head in shame* :(

I did have a stash, but my dearest loving husband used it eating the leftover kare that I made earlier this week. He eats two packets for my every one.
  • Sandyslosenit
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I saw them on Pinterest. So good !

Energy Bites :smiley:
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/3 cup honey
    1/2 cup ground flax seed
    1 cup oats
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
    Mix well and form into 1" balls

They taste a little like no-bake cookies. Pinterest has a lot of different flavors. I made them because mid-day I'm needing a little pick me and these are perfect !

• SpecialKitty7
    Options
    I saw them on Pinterest. So good !

Energy Bites :smiley:
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/3 cup honey
    1/2 cup ground flax seed
    1 cup oats
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
    Mix well and form into 1" balls

They taste a little like no-bake cookies. Pinterest has a lot of different flavors. I made them because mid-day I'm needing a little pick me and these are perfect !

Thanks for sharing! They look tasty and sound tasty. The only thing I don't have is flax seed, but I'm pretty sure I saw that at the grocery store, these may be in my future... :cookie:

• PixieGoddess
    Options
    I'll have to try those Energy Bites. My mom used to make something similar called Peanut Butter Balls, but with butter......LOTS of butter........ O.O

More turkey roll-ups today, with a bunny-egg, dark chocolate, and pear slices. I have my last onigiri for a snack later; looks like it got pretty beaten up during my commute this morning ^_^;;
    maw0zvxqfpos.jpg
  • aussie_girl_del_runner_5
    Options
    Lunch for tomorrow, just in time too because my weekend was although technically under calorie goal was ridiculously un-nutritious

Breakfast - 355cals
    Greek Yoghurt and Banana

Morning Tea - 46cals
    Mandarin and Sugar Snap Peas

Lunch - 255cals
    Teriyaki Beef with poppy seeds, brown rice and salad

Afternoon Tea - 103cals
    Cucumber sticks with creamed cottage cheese

Total - 759cals

unqthnf6rrg2.jpg