What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Spent the weekend looking after my nephews, and especially hauling around a tired 3 yr old. I managed to walk carrying the sleeping 3yr old for nearly 30 minutes (hard isn't the word, but I did it)! Unlike in times past, my back wasn't totally crippled by the end of the two days - pilates is definitely paying off with a stronger core, and I have an increased level of cardio endurance! I am, however, still feeling massively sleep deprived, despite getting 8+ hours last night! Oh well, can't have everything!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of new ones :)

1) Bought a new pair of levis online that I thought would be too snug at this point and they fit perfectly (thank you whoever it was on here that suggested the curve ID range, FINALLY I have jeans that don't gape at the waist and fit on the hips. A miracle!)

2) The last few weeks have consisted of a lot of travel, some very disrupted sleep, a wedding a music festival, and I managed to enjoy myself, be more cavalier with my food choices, get in sufficient exercise (walking, plus my camera bag is an 8 kilo weight on a good day and I was carrying that thing around for two 12 hour sessions), and finish up in better shape than I started.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    1) A new girl at my gym came up to me after class and told me that she was impressed at how strong I was.
    2) I seem to have hit a new level in my fitness. I had two rest days in a row and I went back today - smashed it! Everything just felt easier - I got out a few extra pull up reps with ease, my jump squats were higher, I can feel my core is stronger than it was a few weeks ago.
    3) I'm inching my way towards handstand push-ups - I got some bent elbows happening, not full range though YET.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ran my first REAL 5k this weekend (have done run/walks with friends and Virtual Runs). Ran it solo and despite the heat and humidity, managed to PR. Crossing the finish line felt so unbelievably amazing that I'm now looking to sign up for another one to do between now and when I have my next scheduled race at the end of September.

Happy Monday, y'all!
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I was feeling lazy yesterday and wanted a burger before going to a movie with a friend. I looked up the nutrition of the one I was craving and made a smoothie instead and brought a Balance Bar with me to the movie. I was satisfied and ended the day with a deficit rather than a surplus. :)
  • jessisgonnagetfit
    jessisgonnagetfit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Completed c25k week 5 day 1. I didn't think I would ever get this far seeing as I have attempted this program 20 times before and always gave up after a week or two. I am beginning to realize what I am capable of and it feels amazing
  • miinorawr
    miinorawr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I resisted the high calorie sandwich and found some vegetable sushi and dried banana snacks instead - both very tasty! :)
  • DuckReconMajor
    DuckReconMajor Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    1) Bought a new pair of levis online that I thought would be too snug at this point and they fit perfectly (thank you whoever it was on here that suggested the curve ID range, FINALLY I have jeans that don't gape at the waist and fit on the hips. A miracle!)

Congratulations!

In other related news, was at Macy's and decided to check out some Dockers. I usually get D4's (relaxed fit) for my big ol' booty but i tried out some D3's (classic fit) and they fit great! Wearing them now :sunglasses:
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    -Already had to go in another notch on my new belt.
    -Bagged and donated 2.5 kitchen garbage bags full of clothes.
    -Used that as an excuse to go shopping...now comfortably in a L from Old Navy. Been an XL from there for at least the last 6 years.
    -Still need to go through my dresses and hoodies...should be at least another big bag to donate.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My mom told me I need new pants because the ones I am wearing now are too big. But I can't bring myself to buy any because I know I have more to lose. I might have to go to a seamstress and get 3-4 pairs altered. That is much cheaper than buying new.
  • foreverroses123
    foreverroses123 Posts: 69 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Went to Denmark for two weeks with my family and ate a lot of crisps, ice cream etc. but still managed to stay the same weight! That never happened before! I think it is because I tried to limit my portions and because I walked around a lot. The sea was also really nice to swim in :smile:

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    While I over consumed my calories on Sat. I made up for it on Sun.- I really wanted my 1200 cal. a day week to work. This is my 1600 cal. week and I used that to motivate me through yesterdays hunger.
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    lseed87 wrote: »
    965 day log in streak

Now that's something!
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    I had my dinner pre-logged, but was having a big craving for a Big Mac. Not sure why, haven't had one in a few years now, but it was a pretty powerful craving. I went out to take back my movies to Redbox, and almost drove to McDonald's, but then thought of how I would blow my 17-day streak of not going over my calories, and came back home and ate my pre-logged dinner. :)

Excellent! It is really hard to do. I was standing in front of the ice cream section in the grocery store for two minutes yesterday and left without getting anything!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Swanson83 wrote: »
    My mom told me I need new pants because the ones I am wearing now are too big. But I can't bring myself to buy any because I know I have more to lose. I might have to go to a seamstress and get 3-4 pairs altered. That is much cheaper than buying new.

I stopped wearing trousers and just wore skirts/dresses while I was still losing. They are much more forgiving in fit and are much easier to take in...

I caved and bought one pair of work trousers a few kg shy of goal (on sale), figuring they'd be ok, and they are already on the alteration pile... Good thing I actually like dresses and skirts these days!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    New cropped running trousers in a size smaller. :smiley: It's like they're hugging my butt.
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Went shopping this weekend and was able to buy clothes that were not in the plus size section! I'm still very plus and have a long way to go, but hellooooo cute XL tops and size 16 bottoms!
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Jillish23 wrote: »
    Started going to the gym in the past couple of weeks to help make myself better. It's a small gym, and is empty in the morning, but today I turned up at the same time as a younger guy. It honestly took 5mins of building myself up to go in and overcome the thoughts of "He'll think I'm just fat"... "What if I can't do much compared to him?"... "What if I need a break? Then I'll just look even more unhealthy!".

In the end, I'm quite glad I went in. We said hello and then just got on with our own thing. Not so terrifying after all. I still compared myself at times but feeling like I somehow had to prove myself today made me work even harder than I would have had I been in there alone. I left there looking like a sweaty beetroot.

I love this. Getting over our fears is one of the best things we can do for ourselves which reminds me of my recent NSV.

I love cycling but hate pain and have always been afraid of wiping out. I've fallen off my bike twice before, but didn't get too hurt. A week ago I wiped out pretty bad. Luckily I had a helmet on, but I landed on my shoulder hard and scraped myself up pretty badly. It hurt a lot the first couple of days.

But I didn't let it stop me from riding a few days later. I got back on the bike. I always wondered if I could go back to it after a bad fall and I did. Pretty proud of myself for that. Not as wimpy as I thought.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Running a 10km, although training for it without being injured again was the real win! :smiley:
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!