bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    when people started cracking fat jokes around me

3awsj7plfyrb.png
    1.png 23.1K
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If I stand up straight with feet hip width apart, there is a gap between my thighs ALL THE WAY UP! A small gap at the top, but a gap nonetheless :D
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I love this thread
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    So my position was eliminated at work last week. I had a backup plan, which is in motion, so all is good there. The prior job I had was one that we wore polos and jeans to work. The last time I wore a dress shirt, tie, and nice slacks - lets just say I couldn't breathe. This was about a year ago, when they changed to that dress code... Especially when I tied my tie. I could barely button the top button!

Fast forward to today - I have been eating better, smaller portions, and not only doing some cardio, but about 2 months ago started doing strength training. I have been losing about 1.2 pounds per week, and each day I do my strength training, I am able to lift more weight. So, that feels really good - that my strength is improving and I am losing weight. Also, with my new job, I am back to wearing dress shirts and ties. Guess what? Yesterday was the first day - AND..... I buttoned the top button and tied the tie - COMFORTABLY!! I wasn't choking... and, I got a compliment from one of my friends.

Overall, I am down almost 20 pounds. I still have a little to go, and I am perfectly ok with taking my time. But, it does feel good!

HAPPY SATURDAY!
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    @JPBgrad98 congrats on the new job AND the nicely fitting dress clothes. Nothing better than a guy in a well fitted suit.

@Kim_S_G That post was brilliant. Thanks for the LOL.

Yesterday, I wore a new fitted dress with a pencil skirt that was not only a size 8 (WHAT?!) but, quite literally, everyone I spoke to complimented me on it, including complete strangers, the checkout girl at the cafeteria, etc.
    One nurse made me twirl in circles in the middle of a busy nurse's station, another who is easily two sizes smaller than me said she would never look nearly as good as me in that kind of dress, AND the gorgeous security guard who reminds me of a sexier John Legend did a double take when he said hello. Win.
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Ran to Old Navy today to get a pair of skinny chinos. Grabbed the size 16 I have been wearing for the past 2 months and decided to grab the next size down to see if I could even pull them up over my hips. Well, not only did the 14 pull up over my hips and fit perfectly...I was even able to try on the next size down, a 12, and I could get them zipped up too (ok, they weren't pretty looking- didn't like how I could see my thigh fat dimples through the 12s...so stuck with the 14s). Needless to say I am pumped, especially since the scale hasn't moved much the past month and I am bloated from steroids. Apparently lifting has recomp my body more then I realized!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    My 19 year old daughter gave me her size 4 Old Navy Pixie pants because they were too big on her, and the fit me just fine.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I just ran 10kph for 6 minutes on the treadmill without stopping!!!!!!!!!!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Last Wed. at work I was really bored with nothing to do, so asked the shipping guy if there was something I could
    help him with, and he had me standing at a table wrapping clothes in plastic bags.
    The table was too low to stand comfortably, so I went looking for something to raise it.
    The boxes I found which were the right height held 1000 rounds of .40 ammo.
    I didn't think about what they weighed, just grabbed one & took it to the table, then another, then took the last 2 together.

The shipping guy was helping :unamused: by lifting the table so I could put the boxes under the feet... :confused:
    Did I mention that he's over 20 years younger than me? And he's a man & I'm a woman? :smiley::naughty:
    When I brought the 2 boxes, his jaw dropped :smirk: & he said he'd never carry 2 at once, because they weigh 40 lb each.
    Nice to know I can do it. (And nice to have the cred, at least with him.) :wink: :lol:
  • savouryduck
    savouryduck Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is a NSV. I've been trying to work on my fitness levels by walking and going to the gym.

Earlier this year I could manage about 9.5 miles on a walk. Today I completed 19.74 miles in 5 hours 44 minutes.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is a NSV. I've been trying to work on my fitness levels by walking and going to the gym.

Earlier this year I could manage about 9.5 miles on a walk. Today I completed 19.74 miles in 5 hours 44 minutes.

This is an NSV!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Kim_S_G wrote: »
    After my shower I was able to wrap my towel all the way around me - just like the young women in the movies do right before they get attacked by the ax murderer.

LOL - too funny. But most importantly, CONGRATS, that's a great NSV!
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I managed to go out to lunch with friends, an Easter party with the whole extended family, and egg hunts with my kids, and I'm STILL within my calorie goal today. I may have had cake for dinner, but I'm not starving and I proved to myself that I have more self control than I thought. It's a victory in my book!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Today I had to run to the store and pick up a pair of jeans because all of mine were too big, and I didn't want to spend the entire day pulling my pants up. I grabbed a pair a size smaller, tried them on, and they seemed to be ok, so I headed home with 2 pairs of them.

I get home, pull them on, and my husband comments that they look ok, but I could have probably went even a size smaller. I told him I thought they were ok, and I really didn't think the next size smaller would fit. Well, I guess he was right and I should have tried the smaller pair. I still spent the day pulling my pants up!

I guess I'll be taking the second pair back to the store and exchanging them for a smaller size!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I bought a new bike - that uses a computer to calculate the rpms I'm doing
  • duckykissy
    duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I decided it was time to go shopping for clothes- in the back of my closet. 30% of them fit me, another 50% will fit me in less than 5 kgs. These are clothes I haven't looked at in 3 years, since I started gaining weight back after my gallbladder surgery, but just couldn't toss them. Now they're all starting to fit again and it feels good.

Anyway, I spent the morning wavying goodbye to all my 22's/2XL and 20's/ XL. I'd pretend to be sad about losing all these pretty new clothes, but I would so be lying.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I went shopping for summer clothes this weekend. All sizes 12 and 14, a year ago I was shopping for sizes 22 to 24.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I ran up 2 flights if stairs carrying my 35lb toddler a couple if times this weekend and was never out if breath!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV was over the Easter long weekend. I really pushed myself to eat at my calorie goal despite the constant temptations of chocolate easter eggs etc. And I succeeded. Until tonight. When I over indulged in chocolate.. I wouldn't care if I hadn't had a crazy hormonal issue last week where I over ate on 3 different days.. but my next NSV came after this chocolate binge. I so badly wanted to give up, but I went back and read some of my entries from when I was just starting out on this when I was 10kg heavier (my heaviest weight ever) and the things I had written inspired me. I was so determined to get to where I am now, and I'm here. I actually did it! And that just makes me certain that I can continue on and go well past what I expected of myself and hit not only my goal weight (only 4 more kg till I reach that!) but reach my ultimate goal weight (7.5 kg). The old me inspires the new me, go figure! Looking ahead to how much further I have to go is daunting, but then I remember how far I have already come. And I know I can do it.

What an amazing idea! I'm going to start doing that today!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!