What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had 3 people at church yesterday comment that I'm looking much younger! I'll take that, thank you. :)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    The size 18 dress pants I bought like 2 months ago are starting to slip down when I walk. My gray dress pants that used to be my "feeling skinny" dress pants that still gave me a muffin top..I'm wearing them today and you can probably fit a small turkey in the gap space in the back.
    Saturday I went shopping at TJMaxx and they had the CUTEST Betsey Johnson dress but it only went to a size 14. On a whim I figured why not, and tried it on. It zipped! Sadly I could outline every bump on my body so I didn't buy it...but that was exciting.
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ran my 1st mile on December 29th and it nearly killed me. Decided I would make myself run 100 miles total. Today, 98 days later, I ran my 98th, 99th, 100th, and 101st miles.

And immediately set a new total distance goal on Runkeeper :smile:
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I am at work and I think my slip is...slipping. I should probably do something about this.....
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I cycled 21 miles yesterday. A year ago I was 325 pounds and could hardly walk more than 20 minutes at a time.
  • kantalope
    kantalope Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    A bit over two weeks ago, I attempted rock climbing for the first time at the local REI rock wall, the “Pinnacle.” That is a great 34’ version/replica of Castleton Tower (Moab, Utah), with five difficulty levels. Castleton Tower is 400 feet, considered one of the 50 classic climbs of North America. They usually use a route called Kors-Ingalls. In any case, I’m afraid of heights. Put me on top of a parking garage, a second story balcony, a tall wall… and I’ll start shaking. I was terrified of roller coasters as a young teenager, and still feel like I might well just die when I go up the first climb of any major roller coaster these days. Three weeks ago, my partner had asked me to climb the Pinnacle after he’d done it, and at the time I thought he was absolutely ridiculous. I basically told him I liked seeing his behind up there, nice and tight, but I wasn’t about to put my large and flabby bum in a harness and make a fool out of myself. I didn’t want to be laughed at. The more I thought about it, though, the more I knew I had to know whether I could stomach the climb. So I said I’d go with my nephew for the first time—I found it less intimidating than imagining my partner far below, peering at my wide behind, judging my every move. And before you ask—he’s nothing like that. But low self-esteem can really do a number on your rational mind! So a week later, my nephew and I made our first attempt. I made it a bit over halfway up, then bowed out because my limbs were shaking and my arms were like rubber. My nephew bowed out a little bit before that point—but for him it was entirely mental. He was just terrified that the belayer would let him down in more than a figurative sense. After that first time, I went with my partner several times. At this point, I’ve been on that wall 5-7 times. And last night, I rang the bell at the top of the first level. Huzzah!

As a side note, nearly every time I’ve been on the wall pictures have been taken. The verdict is in. My rump is just fine. :P

• kantalope
    kantalope Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I cycled 21 miles yesterday. A year ago I was 325 pounds and could hardly walk more than 20 minutes at a time.

Super impressed! Great job!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My face shape is changing - and from the right angle I can see a little definition from my cheek bones! Who knew I had those!? :D
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Just looked over my measurements, and since I started tracking 9 months ago I've lost 16.25 inches overall.
  • wick3tgirl
    wick3tgirl Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I keep logging and staying accountable for the red numbers despite how bad the last few days have been. I'm ready to get right back to the defici, when I get home in a couple of days and things level out. I have also been reaffirming myself that a few bad days do not delete 3 months of hard work (I'm looking a you, scale, you better not be too high).
    life and *kitten* happens all the time, you just gotta keep on keepin' on.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    wick3tgirl wrote: »
    I keep logging and staying accountable for the red numbers despite how bad the last few days have been. I'm ready to get right back to the defici, when I get home in a couple of days and things level out. I have also been reaffirming myself that a few bad days do not delete 3 months of hard work (I'm looking a you, scale, you better not be too high).
    life and *kitten* happens all the time, you just gotta keep on keepin' on.

I agree: Easter brought a chocolate binge and I am also back on alcohol. Scale went up to 1.5 kg above my goal weight, which I reached last week. My NSV is that I am confident that I can get this off again and be back at my goal weight in a week or two, once I am back in my daily routine. I guess I am just switching my setting back to "losing weight" mode instad of "maintaining" mode. :)

• Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    1.75 miles in a row at well under 12 min/mile! Working up to 5k.
  • AmberLeeMichigan
    AmberLeeMichigan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Being faithful to MFP for the last week and I'm on day 9 of the no junk food challenge. I feel good! I resisted overeating at Easter dinner and when we went out to eat over the weekend.
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This is only day 4 for me, but I am just so inspired after spending time on the success boards. I am even more motivated by all of you to finally stick to healthy eating and finally, eventually reaching my goal to be healthy and happy with myself.

That being said, my first ever NSV is that today, after coming home from a long day of work and making the kids dinner, I put on my shoes and went outside. I officially completed week 1 day 1 of C25K, which may not be much, but I am proud of myself for committing to it, and following through. I hope someday soon I'll be posting that I completed it!
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Very small NSV --- first day in 3 weeks logging I've eaten within my calorie goals and come close to my macros! I've planned out tomorrow and will do the same again. I can do this!!
  • infomancer
    infomancer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I wore my class ring from my Master's programme today ... it's the first time it fit me this decade!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ooh! I have one. I bought a cute little skirt from American Apparel...with PLEATS. I crap you not. Pleats. I have never been able to wear them in my life, because they spread out and looked horrible. Oh happy day. It's so cute.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I walked into the break room today and there was chocolate candy on every table and a luscious looking birthday cake. After a not so great March (3 birthday parties) and Easter I had decided to get back to the serious and stay in my calorie limits. I hadn't planned for those treats and was able to leave them alone. I am stronger than food! o:)
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My wedding band falls off my finger also.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!