What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I killed the thread :'(

My NSV is this: Yesterday, I struggled from the time I woke up with a "food monster" feeling. It's a little bit like what a binge eater feels before the onset of a binge, I think: The incredibly strong urge to EAT anything and everything. I had no idea what triggered it, and I fought what I thought was DEFINITELY a losing battle that day, to the point that I broke down sobbing to my husband about how bad I felt, feeling so out of control.

After that, I picked myself up, did some housework, some exercise, some reading, and had a lateish dinner (so I wouldn't feel hunger before I slept and weaken my will power)... And went to bed under my calorie goal! :)
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Size 4 white levis jeans that I ordered only.. they totally fit..
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So today is my birthday! I'm off from work today so I decided I was literally going to to nothing all day. Just sit and read and take a "me" day. When I woke up I made the decision to "treat" myself to a 4 mile run, which I haven't done since last November. And I rocked it! I only stopped to walk once and just for 30 seconds and I didn't feel like I was going to die. I even hit my runner's high in the middle of my run. Usually I don't get that until I'm finished. :blush: I can tell that 26 is going to be a good year for me!!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So today is my birthday! I'm off from work today so I decided I was literally going to to nothing all day. Just sit and read and take a "me" day. When I woke up I made the decision to "treat" myself to a 4 mile run, which I haven't done since last November. And I rocked it! I only stopped to walk once and just for 30 seconds and I didn't feel like I was going to die. I even hit my runner's high in the middle of my run. Usually I don't get that until I'm finished. :blush: I can tell that 26 is going to be a good year for me!!

Aw yay happy birthday!!
  • jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday abellone!

My nsv - my gp called me a serious runner today

Bummer today - I went to see him for hip bursitis and can't run until it clears!
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    A small hill that I added to my walk last year I could only do about 6-8 times. Today I ran up it 15
    of the 20 times, did not feel winded only sweaty!
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    jusbowers wrote: »
    Happy birthday abellone!

My nsv - my gp called me a serious runner today

Bummer today - I went to see him for hip bursitis and can't run until it clears!
    Best of luck feeling better and I truly hope you heal quickly! I won't mention how long I was off running with this issue.

• jusbowers
    jusbowers Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Best of luck feeling better and I truly hope you heal quickly! I won't mention how long I was off running with this issue.

Thanks Laura

I'm beginning to think that my summer running kit might not get an outing this year lol
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I can see my biceps when I flex! I'm also 5 days away from my MFP anniversary, and my relationship with food is so much better.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    My husband said that my butt is getting a lot firmer and he can't keep his hands off it!
    Also in an um bedroom kind of way I discovered that my thighs are a lot stronger
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My husband said that my butt is getting a lot firmer and he can't keep his hands off it!
    Also in an um bedroom kind of way I discovered that my thighs are a lot stronger

^lol^
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have an over 1000 day streak on MFP and I just noticed I've posted 3.7 comments a day during that time. I don't know why I think that's an NSV - heh heh <3B)<3
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My NSV recently:

Going from xxl T shirts to M, was quite a surprise when I tried one on for a laugh and found it fitted well.

Realising my recently purchased 36" jeans are already really loose around my waist, so I have either the option of another hole to punch in my belt (will be the 7th), buy a new belt or get 34" jeans

Getting a complement in the gym regardin vascularity. Odd compliment, but supposedly means that, on my arms at least, I am less than 16% body fat. Whoop!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Betsy Johnson designed summer dress - size 4!

Oh my goshness, that dress is SO CUTE. WANT. *wipes drool off of keyboard* Although for me it would be a strictly at-home dress... Who doesn't want to look cute at home? ;)

Editing to add: Oh, right. Now that I finished drooling... That's a great NSV!! :D

Just an FYI, if you like the vintage style but prefer something more modest (and are in the US for shipping reasons) try www.eshakti.com they do customizations so you can tweak a lot of their dresses for more coverage!

As for my NSV (I'm getting a lot of these lately) my son woke up sick twice last night and I was able to spring up from dead sleep and run in w/o any stiffness!
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Worked out at least 5 days/week for 3 weeks now! Most of those were 5:30 am workouts. Go me! lol.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my co worker said..."what are you doing? Your stomach is so flat"
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm in two 100mile challenges for the month of April (one on mfp and one on fb). I've never been much of a runner but I'm working on it because it will help in my ultimate goal of doing a Tough Mudder in 2016. Today I ran 7.6 miles bringing my total to 43.84 for the month and we're not even half way through April. And, most of those miles are on hills as that's the kind of area I live in. So, I may not be fast, but I'm making big progress (and noticing my heart rate is coming down, too)!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I put on a pair of scrub pants this morning and I keep pulling them up because they are too big!
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I ran 10km for the first time in nearly a year. Also -- fitting into size 10 jeans. Yay!
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Had my fastest run yet, last night! So excited. Almost up to 5k - outside. Once I hit 5Km, then I'm working on speed - until then, endurance. Feeling so so good :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!