What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    I had been sick for 2 weeks with a bad cough, and a weak bladder, which is a very bad combination. I haven't been exercising at all since then, then 1 week just lazy and procrastinating. Today was the day. I did my 30 minutes on the elliptical, ate very healthy all day, and did 40 squats while making dinner. I feel so much better starting back again. I feel bad I lost a lot of muscle tone in 3 weeks.
    Also a lady at church said, have you lost a substantial amount of weight. I am just glad I am back at it again.
    Plus my underwear are starting to feel really baggy and loose in the butt. Need to find some new ones.
  • dizzieblondeuk
    dizzieblondeuk Posts: 286 Member
    edited August 2015
    Went to my dentist yesterday, and he noticed my weight loss (he only sees me every 6 months). His assistant asked me how I was doing it, and my answer of 'counting calories' elicited a response of complete silence. I'd read on here people saying that other people just don't know what to do with that answer, and I experienced it for the first time yesterday. It did make me want to giggle, but then the dentist was sticking his mirror and scraper in my mouth and the assistant was holding the suction machine in there too, so I couldn't!! ;)

However, my NSV was that upon being asked 'what's your sugar consumption - low, medium, high?' I could honestly answer 'low' for the first time ever!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    I have suffered all my life from this:

"Scopophobia, scoptophobia, or ophthalmophobia is an anxiety disorder characterized by a morbid fear of being seen or stared at by others. Scopophobia can also be associated with a pathological fear of drawing attention to oneself."

I have wanted to go out and walk around my nice neighborhood for years now, but no matter how much I try to psych myself up to do it, I just can't go out the door.

Today I finally conquered that fear and went for a 40 minute walk around my neighborhood!!

It was really nice and not too scary at all. Except for when I saw people. :#:) I live in a beautiful neighborhood, and you see so much more walking rather than driving.

This is a bigger accomplishment for me than losing weight. But I do have to say that it is the weight loss that helped me do this. I feel so much less "ugly" and ashamed of myself than I did 42 pounds ago, so I don't feel as much of the fear of people looking at me and saying "there goes a great big fat pig" as I once did.

I am really happy with myself this morning. I know that tomorrow and the next day and the day after I will still have to go through my self-talk routine to get out the door again, but I really hope that repetition will eventually help eventually ease this fear. I don't want to be a prisoner in my house any longer. This is a huge first step. :)

Oh wowee that is so unbelievably awesome! I'm so proud of you!!!!!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Today I had a really really bad day. So on the way home I headed to the gym. Smashed out a great workout!
    My nsv? This time last year I would have gone to woolies on the way home and bought a block of chocolate and a packet of Tim Tam's
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    It has taken me almost 3 years to get my smurf together and ACTUALLY use MFP as intended. In March 2015 is when I REALLY got started. I've lost almost 40 pounds since.

I caved into a craving recently and had a free burger that a coworker offered me from Jack in the Box.

How is that a NSV you ask? Well, I rearranged my whole day after I ate it and made that burger fit into my calories AND went for a run even though that burger made me feel like crap.
    I could have just given up like all the times before, but I didn't. THAT is my NSV.

I've also decided I will not settle for a mediocre fast food burger again. If I am craving a burger, I'll go to the gourmet burger place I love just outside of town. If I'm going to spend the delicious points, I'm going to make it worth it! :lol:
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Oh *kitten* :D today I was sick of using my baggy pants and went to my mom's closet and pick some magic pants, yes they are magic cause they are size 10 and I fit in them.

My true NSV is I fit in my moms pants!!! I've always been the fat/very obese daughter and she the fit mom. :blush:
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Another gym related one from me... Not sleeping well at the moment but still went to the gym this morning after having 4.5hrs sleep. I'm quite chuffed with that in itself but when I was on the elliptical machine I looked down and it dawned on me that I could only see my "ladies" - there is no stomach sticking out anymore. It's nice to finally see a change which isn't a number.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Being able to walk into the shopping centre on lunch break, hungry as hell and walk out WITHOUT several shopping bags of high-calorie, low-satisfaction foods. I still walk out with several shopping bags, but it's generally vegetables, protein and medium/low calorie, high-satisfaction foods. :)
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    RINGS: consider buying a cheap ring that fits to hold the precious ones on. You can get your wedding ring resized after you are done losing weight.
  • caroldavison332
    My DOG now walks ME faster. I don't know how he knows that I am more fit. Perhaps from watching me to high intensity interval training, calisthenics and playing with him in the family room. BUt that's his job. He IS my FURSONAL trainer!
  • caroldavison332
    I posted a new photo on facebook saying that the diet and exercise were working. I looked beautiful in it and 60 people agreed!
  • caroldavison332
    How do I post it here?
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Ran last night even though I really didn't want to. "You never regret a run - only the one you didn't do."
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    He IS my FURSONAL trainer!
    I love this :)

• MelimelCoco
    MelimelCoco Posts: 36 Member
    My DOG now walks ME faster. I don't know how he knows that I am more fit. Perhaps from watching me to high intensity interval training, calisthenics and playing with him in the family room. BUt that's his job. He IS my FURSONAL trainer!

Awe, I wish I had a furry companion with me on my walks!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    it's funny cause I'm wearing out my border collie mix. I didn't know that was possible

I lost another inch on my waist. and I've lost 2 so far on the chest
  • NCarolinaGirly439
    NCarolinaGirly439 Posts: 5 Member
    I put on a shirt this morning that I haven't worn in probably two years and wore it to work :smile:
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    Today I had a really really bad day. So on the way home I headed to the gym. Smashed out a great workout!
    My nsv? This time last year I would have gone to woolies on the way home and bought a block of chocolate and a packet of Tim Tam's

That is a real victory! It's those tough times when we make the healthy decisions that show us how strong we are
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    I have successfully maintained goal weight for my first month of maintenance! I know that's scale related, but the non-scale part is that it's helped me overcome my anxiety about maintenance and feel more confident that I can succeed at this part of the process too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!