What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Swanson83 wrote: »
    My mom told me I need new pants because the ones I am wearing now are too big. But I can't bring myself to buy any because I know I have more to lose. I might have to go to a seamstress and get 3-4 pairs altered. That is much cheaper than buying new.

I stopped wearing trousers and just wore skirts/dresses while I was still losing. They are much more forgiving in fit and are much easier to take in...

I caved and bought one pair of work trousers a few kg shy of goal (on sale), figuring they'd be ok, and they are already on the alteration pile... Good thing I actually like dresses and skirts these days!

Too bad guys can't do that, or do the have to call them kilts?

• kfdcem
    kfdcem Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today I lifted two oak trees. Well, in pieces, to take them to the splitter. But still. On Thursday I'll lift those bad boys two more times to haul and then stack the wood. It's nice getting paid to get my exercise in :)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I don't have to worry about not being able to find something in a big enough size at Target, or any other store! In some things I actually wear a MEDIUM. ME! A medium!! I used to be lucky if I could comfortably fit a 2X
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't have to worry about not being able to find something in a big enough size at Target, or any other store! In some things I actually wear a MEDIUM. ME! A medium!! I used to be lucky if I could comfortably fit a 2X

Congrats @meganridenour that is awesome!!!!!

I listened to my body. My knee has been giving me trouble, I rested it for 6 weeks after pushing it too far. Went back to my cardio this week and the whole thing reoccurred after 2 days. Instead of being stupid and pushing through or entirely giving up, I went to a sports chiro to look at long term solutions. This is big for me as it shows long term commitment to being active.
  • aaron_mc29
    aaron_mc29 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Every pair of pants I own now fits, so I had to buy a new pair of goal jeans on the weekend.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I find working out at the gym SO MUCH easier! I am able to increase level of cardio machines, and still go longer without dying!

70044776.png
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    aaron_mc29 wrote: »
    Every pair of pants I own now fits, so I had to buy a new pair of goal jeans on the weekend.

This happened to me too. I now have only work pants and 1 pair of jeans to wear because everything else has gone to charity.

I can't wait for the things I am currently wearing to be too big and those goal jeans to be "juuuuust right", as goldilocks would say!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    8 days of successful tracking / eating after a lay over that caused me to gain back 60 lbs of the 150 I lost
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Swanson83 wrote: »
    My mom told me I need new pants because the ones I am wearing now are too big. But I can't bring myself to buy any because I know I have more to lose. I might have to go to a seamstress and get 3-4 pairs altered. That is much cheaper than buying new.

I stopped wearing trousers and just wore skirts/dresses while I was still losing. They are much more forgiving in fit and are much easier to take in...

I caved and bought one pair of work trousers a few kg shy of goal (on sale), figuring they'd be ok, and they are already on the alteration pile... Good thing I actually like dresses and skirts these days!

Too bad guys can't do that, or do the have to call them kilts?

Haha - you can wear whatever makes you happy ;-) I'm sure you could rock a kilt - and given they wrap around, they would certainly fit at a range of sizes!
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Cold_Steel wrote: »
    8 days of successful tracking / eating after a lay over that caused me to gain back 60 lbs of the 150 I lost

Congrats on coming back. And focus on the 90lbs lost rather than the recent gain - you got yourself back on track and you're still doing great!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    -got whistled at during a run!
    -husband picked me up in the grocery store
    -boss commented on my figure at work
    -attractive guy smiled and checked me out when he thought I wouldnt notice
    -squatted 130 pounds today! Maxed out on the third rep and fell into my CrossFit coach, but that's another NSV--- having amazing people by my side, helping me, and supporting me.
  • PannyTheBug
    PannyTheBug Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can now swim a kilometre without getting out of puff, and I was previously so unfit I could barely swim a length! Progress...
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I recently had to buy some new trousers for work. I had to get a UK size 12 (size 10 US) because my 14s were getting too big. I literally haven't been this size since I was probably 10 or 11 years old.
  • frankie5152
    frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a new belt.. im waiting as long as possible to buy new clothes just because i have so much weight still to lose
  • acs3041
    acs3041 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    NSVs - one inch off my waist this month and the size six dress I bought as my "goal" fit when it came!
  • elos18
    elos18 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've lost 2 inches off my hips in the last week and a bra I bought just over 2 weeks ago fits my back now :)
  • jpaulsims
    jpaulsims Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This morning I went to put on my belt and easily notched at the 4 notch. When I started my journey 8 weeks ago it was always first notch.
  • delboyholmes123
    delboyholmes123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    OMG! I can my feet when I look down.
  • delboyholmes123
    delboyholmes123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    OMG! I can see my feet when I look down.

• sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Going from 50% body fat to 35%. Progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!