what kind of body do men really like in women?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    personally, i've always been into the athletic look...i've always dated girls who participated in sports...soccer chicks rule.
  • Ms_Sicilian
    Ms_Sicilian Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think of it this way... first interaction is always physical. When I look at a man am I "Physically" attracted to him. It's shallow but if we are getting to basic "Mating" I look at physical attraction then the actual "connection" I watched this interesting doc on Netflix about the basic human need to find a Mate.
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    thigh gap and back dimples.

So, things she has absolutely no control over.
    Funny, in the 'what do girls look for in a man's body' thread several people mentioned that they preferred men over 6 feet tall and no one called them out for wanting things that he has absolutely no control over.

0wned. /thread
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    tomteboda wrote: »
    @BasicGreatGuy , I was wondering the same thing and realized that these are threads of insecurity

do you even _John_

does anyone here even _john_

Lol. I _John_ and it's fabulous!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    @BasicGreatGuy , I was wondering the same thing and realized that these are threads of insecurity

do you even _John_

Lol. I _John_ and it's fabulous!

I think of myself as an acquired taste...

• _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Ones with vaginas

That's what I came here to say.^^^

• Crhan05
    Crhan05 Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Interesting
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    alpha_515 wrote: »
    Physical selection/natural selection/survival of the fittest. It's programmed into our psychy. That's why as a race we have gotten taller and stronger. Society leans towards strong and healthy for the simple reason of a healthy offspring. It's an underlying subconscious choice for the next generation. This not only occurs in humans but also every other species. We are all a bunch of shallow mate searchers. Lol

Mind you though the strength women look for in a man is not physical as Darwin suggests in Natural Selection. As society has evolved, our need for security in terms of being big has vanished. We don't have to protect ourselves from wild animals anymore.

But, on the contrary its the mental resolute of strength that is most essential in our times.

That's why women fantasize over movies like Magic Mike with men ripped like Greek statues of Gods. Or how men still obsess over big butts (birthing hips). Or most celebrity crushes people have are of people who are physically aesthetic. You can't deny that Society is obsessed with it. We always have been. The significant difference between people when they choose their mate is the best that they can get. Self confidence has a massive role in that. And my argument is strictly displaying the "physical" attractions we have naturally. Which some view as "shallow". You're arguing thousands of years of selection that is instinctive has disappeared in the very short time civilization has flourished? I find that a little hard to believe. Just my opinion.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Physical selection/natural selection/survival of the fittest. It's programmed into our psychy. That's why as a race we have gotten taller and stronger. Society leans towards strong and healthy for the simple reason of a healthy offspring. It's an underlying subconscious choice for the next generation. This not only occurs in humans but also every other species. We are all a bunch of shallow mate searchers. Lol

That isn't entirely accurate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2412101/ls-survival-fittest-finished-Scientists-prove-generosity--selfishness--way-modern-civilisation-survive.html

Survival of the fittest is a very primitive idea that has been learned and not programmed in our DNA. Sure, looking back in our history it seems that way but we evolve into a stronger civilization over time and become smarter and more enlightened. I can't imagine a world full of war and hate coming to a global consciousness that includes love and enlightenment.
    But, on the contrary its the mental resolute of strength that is most essential in our times.

This. I've seen women go after "small and weak" guys because of their confidence and mentality instead of the big and muscular type who hasn't got a clue or is always worried about what others think of him and needs constant validation

Obviously you took my comment WAY out of context. That article and comment had no significance on what I said. Lol. I was stating that mates were chosen off of the ability to provide and protect.

My whole argument was how its natural to see a body type and be attracted to it. Confidence and validation is a struggle for all body types as well. I find it interesting you think muscular men aren't intelligent or confident and all skinny men are. Lol
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I believe intelligence and confidence can be had by any body type. My apologies for wording my post in a way that made it seem like "small and weak" guys are all sharp and confident while all big and strong men are dumb and insecure.
  • aladd1986
    aladd1986 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure men like their bodies in/on women :blush::naughty:
  • FrostAyy
    FrostAyy Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If I actually had a choice I'd like a woman who was slightly overweight, or on the opposite side of the spectrum and pretty fit.

But I'd go for pretty much anyone TBH.
  • alpha_515
    alpha_515 Posts: 230 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

Mind you though the strength women look for in a man is not physical as Darwin suggests in Natural Selection. As society has evolved, our need for security in terms of being big has vanished. We don't have to protect ourselves from wild animals anymore.

That's why women fantasize over movies like Magic Mike with men ripped like Greek statues of Gods. Or how men still obsess over big butts (birthing hips). Or most celebrity crushes people have are of people who are physically aesthetic. You can't deny that Society is obsessed with it. We always have been. The significant difference between people when they choose their mate is the best that they can get. Self confidence has a massive role in that. And my argument is strictly displaying the "physical" attractions we have naturally. Which some view as "shallow". You're arguing thousands of years of selection that is instinctive has disappeared in the very short time civilization has flourished? I find that a little hard to believe. Just my opinion.

Oh no arguments mate, just expediting further on what you said. Though your points are quite valid. Just that there's just more to it than our visual representation.
  • scasey250
    scasey250 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sugar, spice and everything nice!
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options

do you even _John_

:lol:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    personally, i've always been into the athletic look...i've always dated girls who participated in sports...soccer chicks rule.

What about volleyball chicks?
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • MCinBC
    MCinBC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Small bum and runner's legs...grrr.....
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

That isn't entirely accurate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2412101/ls-survival-fittest-finished-Scientists-prove-generosity--selfishness--way-modern-civilisation-survive.html

Survival of the fittest is a very primitive idea that has been learned and not programmed in our DNA. Sure, looking back in our history it seems that way but we evolve into a stronger civilization over time and become smarter and more enlightened. I can't imagine a world full of war and hate coming to a global consciousness that includes love and enlightenment.

This. I've seen women go after "small and weak" guys because of their confidence and mentality instead of the big and muscular type who hasn't got a clue or is always worried about what others think of him and needs constant validation

This ^^

In fact, I'm 5'5 and have never had any competition from any guy in terms of getting women cause most men chase women like their life depended on it. ( Ego validation)

Always remember, Desire Often Creates Paradoxical Effects: The more you want something, the more you chase after it, the more it eludes you. The more interest you show, the more you repel the object of your desire. This is because your interest is too strong—it makes people awkward, even fearful. Uncontrollable desire makes you seem weak, unworthy, pathetic.

If she doesn't respect you, she'll never love you !

Too smart for MFP. Or terribly needed for MFP. Can't quite decide.

Let him tell the secret... its likely not a lot of other men will listen or believe him ;)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    when I read this thread... my first thought is...

Their own.

I'm sure someone must have said that already.

And if they don't want their own body in the woman, that woman is not their type and they probably don't concern themselves with more than that.