INSANITY: Starting Memorial Day

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Im interested in starting Insanity but Im soooo nervous. This will be my first time attempting an intense program like this. Im on my last week of Bridge to 10K and would like to continue running 2-3 times a week.

Couple of Questions: Do I have to follow the food plan? Is there a daily protein/carb/fat goal I can use instead of the food plan?Should I continue my Strength Training 3 times a week?

Thanks!

All of the Beachbody programs come with a food plan/guide. insanity follows a low carb approach. I have been trying to keep my carbs at around 100 grams. Insanity has some fast push-ups and plank work in just about each and every workout. It is possible to work in weight training 2-3 days a week with Insanity, but keep in mind that some days are going to be difficult.
  • edorice
    Options
  • edorice
    Options
    All are welcome to join in.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Getting super excited about starting on Monday. I will need to revisit the diet portion to see if I need to tweak anything. Right now, I've only been concerning myself with calories. I managed to lose 15 pounds over the course of P90X, but I am ready to take it to the next level with even cleaner eating. Looking forward to the support through this feed! :smile:
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I finished Insanity in April. It was so difficult but I loved it! Now I started a running/Insanity hybrid last week. I am running M,W,F (about 4 miles) and doing Insanity T, Th, Sa. I am doing the Month 1 Insanity workouts (except last Saturday I did Max Interval Sports Training, since it's my favorite). Do you guys think that's ok or should I change it and do the month 2 workouts?

Thanks!
  • edorice
    Options
    Since the Month 1 workouts are shorter, you can add in a good ab workout at the end on Tues and Thursday.
  • FitNHappy0261
    Options
    I'm on DAY 3 of my first round ever of INSANITY and I am feelin it! I'm curious as to what a hybrid is?
  • edorice
    Options
    I'm on DAY 3 of my first round ever of INSANITY and I am feelin it! I'm curious as to what a hybrid is?

A hybrid is mixing 2 or 3 programs together for each week. The thing with hybrids is that it has to make sense. If you mix the workouts from P90X and Insanity it can get tough. Monday is usually a chest day with P90X, however most of the Insanity workouts have you doing plank work and a lot of fast push-ups. So you may not want to do Insanity on Tuesday, directly following chest day. Some Tuesdays we felt that our upper body was so blasted that we did P90X Plyometrics on Tuesdays and did the Insanity workouts towards the end of the week.
  • whittylynn
    whittylynn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was just debating when I should start the program...looks like Monday will be THE day! SOOOOOOOO very excited! I've lost 44 pounds since January and am wanting to lose another 40....can't wait to get this program started! Hope to hear form you all over the next 63 days :)

SW: 233

CW: 189

GW: 150

5'7"
    23 years
  • edorice
    Options
    I will definitely be here. As a matter of fact, I plan to post my very first fit test results from last June compared to what I do tomorrow morning. I'm very curious as to what that will look like.
  • edorice
    Options
    Today kicked off our fit test. I pulled the results from last June's very first fit test and there is a lot of improvement in some areas, especially in my jumps.

________________TODAY___LAST JUNE
    SWITCH KICKS______54_______53
    POWER JACKS______62_______51
    POWER KNEES______84_______71
    POWER JUMPS______45_______19
    GLOBE JUMPS________9_______8
    SUICIDE JUMPS______14______12
    PUSH-UP JACKS_____24_______ 9
    LOW PLANK OBLIQUE_54______ 40
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Fit Test Complete! WOW, that was intense! :noway: Im scared to see what the rest of the week is going to be like :frown:

Day 1 (5/30)
    Switch Kicks 59
    Power Jacks 49
    Power Knees 101
    Power Jumps 37
    Globe Jumps 11
    Suicide Jumps 13
    Push-Up Jacks 11
    Low Plank Oblique 32
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Plyo Cardio this morning. I burned 644 calories! I did great keeping up with all the workouts until the last intervals with the level one drills. Those slow me down. No other workout for me today. Hope you guys are getting it done!

Loveme445 - those are strong fit test results, WTG.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Just started Insanity and did my first fit test yesterday. I'll post my results this evening. I need to get a HRM so I can estimate my calories burned. I just don't want to fork out the cash. LOL
    My lower body is where I have the most trouble with tone...cellulite = the devil. So I'm hoping all these jump squats help. :)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Plyo done! Those basketball drills are a killer! I only burned 373 cals :ohwell:

Edorice-Thanks!.....Great Burn!

Kristy-Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • daveelamp
    daveelamp Posts: 43
    Options
    Room for a man in this discussion? lol

Been reading all your comments and found them very interesting.. i have just started insanity and am on day 4.... mixing it with my own training so trying to fit in 3-5 insansity sessions a week. Here are my fit test results:

Switch Kicks - 100 (or is it 50? im not sure if u divide it by 2?)
    Power Jacks - 45
    Power Knees - 80
    Power Jumps - 32
    Globe Jumps - 12
    Suicides - 15
    Push up Jacks - 21
    Low plank oblique - 45

Looking forward to seeing how i progress with you guys... You all seem very fit and focused ladies :)
  • edorice
    Options
    Welcome to the thread folks. What other training are you doing daveelamp?
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Completed plyo yesterday...OHHH EMMM GEEE!!! I was dying. Haha! I work out regularly too so I was surprised at how tough it was for me. Sweat was seriously dripping off me. What a great feeling though! I had to take some breaks, but I kept at it and pushed through! My husband and I both felt great afterwards! I like the football circuit. Fun!! :)
    We're going to do our before measurements tonight. Forgot to do that on Sunday. OOPS! We leave for Oklahoma tomorrow so we're taking it with us and making time to get in our work outs each day.
    I REALLY need to get a HRM to better estimate calories burned. I just entered it as high impact aerobics under cardio. Hopefully that's close enough to accurate.
  • edorice
    Options
    Yep, logging Insanity under high impact aerobics is very close. You have the option towards the bottom of the exercise page to enter the specific name of the DVD that you completed.

We did Cardio Power & Resistance this morning. Looking forward to Cardio Recovery tomorrow. I may also run at lunch tomorrow, but for today I'm done.

Have a good day.
  • daveelamp
    daveelamp Posts: 43
    Options
    Hey. Just did the Pure Cardio... TOUGH!!! had to take a few breaks but il get there :) also like the football exercise which someone mentioned above.

I do a kettlebell session on a monday and thursday, which is a 37minute workout... which is very tough. great total body workout. and also do a couple of gym sessions a week.

I was supposed to do the Cardio recovery session today but i assumed it would be more chilled so I decided against that as I didnt have a massive gym sess yesterday. Is there Cardio Recovery session less intense??