Special K Cereal.. Is it ok to eat

Options
anyone try there cereals is it a good part of a diet or is it too many carbs?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Carbs don't matter. Eat what you like and stay around your calorie goal.
  • Pammalla
    Pammalla Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like the Special K with the red berrys. It's a quick breakfast I wouldn't want to do the thing where you eat it for breakfast and lunch every day
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    oh good grief, carbs aren't the devil....
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Unless your doctor has told you to avoid carbs, cereal -- Special K or not -- is fine as long as it's part of a diet that's lower in calories than you burn.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    No it's not ok, it tastes like cardboard, get a tastier cereal.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    No it's not ok, it tastes like cardboard, get a tastier cereal.

This. Just joking... but seriously, I'd be hungry an hour later. I'd suggest a more filling breakfast, but that's just me...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    anyone try there cereals is it a good part of a diet or is it too many carbs?

Original Special K has decent protein numbers, add some 2% milk (for fat and protein) and 1/2 a banana (for fiber) and you have a filling breakfast that sticks with you awhile.

I gave up on the "flavored" Special K's.....the protein went missing, and they have almost no fiber either (I can do better).
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Try not to think of any individual food item as 'good' or 'bad'. It's your overall diet that matters. Eat whatever foods you like that fit within your calorie and macro goals.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Whether it's too many carbs depends on your diet overall. As part of a balance diet, Special K is fine if you enjoy it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    why wouldnt it be okay?

do you need a taster to make sure no one is trying to poison you?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. If you want to eat it, it's okay. :)
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Special K Fruit and Yogurt is amazing. Soooo good. Usually a bowl of cereal is not filling enough for me for breakfast, so I'd pair it with something. Sometimes I'll eat a small amount dry (weighed and logged, of course), as a sweet night time snack.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it's fine. but I usually get a cereal with high protein and high fiber. then I feel full longer
  • Mentiri
    Mentiri Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I like the red berry version for dessert, with almond milk and a banana.
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Eat it if you want. For me, I would crash by 10 am and need a snack if I had it for breakfast. It's just not enough protein and fiber for me.

Then again, I did have a bowl of refried beans for breakfast today. I'm probably not the "norm" as far a breakfast foods go.
  • Rossergirl
    Rossergirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Special K is tasty but it only has 2 grams of protein. I do not think if would keep you full for very long.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Op if you like the cereal just make it fit.
    are you doing the one bowl for lunch, one for breakfast and then whatever you like for dinner. if so you might get a little hungry.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Meh. If you like it, just make sure you're getting what they consider a portion and fit it into your daily calories. Carbs aren't an issue as long as your doctor hasn't told you to cut down for health reasons. Personally, I prefer tastier cereal, but then I don't add milk or anything to it. I like my cereal dry so I can eat it in the car or the hallway between classes if I need to. XD
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    This is what happens when people demonized foods, which leads to eating disorders.
  • Nickeybody
    Nickeybody Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank u I love it
    Special K Fruit and Yogurt is amazing. Soooo good. Usually a bowl of cereal is not filling enough for me for breakfast, so I'd pair it with something. Sometimes I'll eat a small amount dry (weighed and logged, of course), as a sweet night time snack.