Let's have an actual chat - no "would you date/*kitten*/marry/add the person below you" games

Options

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    When I work out I might get on it during my rests but certainly not during

fair enough. do you time your rests? or just when you feel rested enough?
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    That's both a good thing and bad.. most of the time they are great ..sometimes they are in the way
  • handyrunner
    Options
    When I work out I might get on it during my rests but certainly not during

fair enough. do you time your rests? or just when you feel rested enough?

I time them but will shorten and lengthen based on feel
  • Cahgetsfit
    Options
    @handyrunner yeah - well - we hardly ever did the same workout - and even when we did take turns on one machine we'd have to swap weight plates every single time (she's tall and thin and I'm shorter and rounder)

But it was just nice to have someone to walk to the gym with and as we went from one exercise to the other we might go past each other and say something like "doing great" or whatever - AND during the warm up and stretching we would have a chat. The actual proper workout was pretty much separate

I miss that. I get bored as bat poo poo during my 5 mins treadmill warm-up walk!
  • handyrunner
    Options
    Lol well boredom can be a struggle when your slogging 10 miles
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    There's a bat outside my window right now. Just heard it do that weird hissing sound. It actually lives in the window's oldschool cover thingy that has no purpose besides looks.
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am getting wireless beats for my birthday!!! Soooo can't wait to work out with out a cord
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I don't time my rest periods, I just time how much exercise I've done; I usually have to break up my hour into several intervals. So that is the 1st reason why, I have a home gym, 2nd less laundry because I often just do it, in my underwear & 3rd travel convenience, I don't have to bring an umbrella because of rain or they'd often cancel the buses because of snow.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    There's a bat outside my window right now. Just heard it do that weird hissing sound. It actually lives in the window's oldschool cover thingy that has no purpose besides looks.

I had a roadrunner puff up and hiss/cackle at me a few days ago. I screamed and it ran off.
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    borst14 wrote: »

I had a roadrunner puff up and hiss/cackle at me a few days ago. I screamed and it ran off.

This bat and the spiders all over are eating all the flying crap that tries to get into my house.

I guess bats and spiders are my fav creatures on this planet now.

EDIT: Obviously, my dogs are first on the list though
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    Options
    Should I eat my dinner or just skip it.
  • handyrunner
    Options

Geese will do that to. Mean mother f`s if you walk up on them
  • NU2014
    NU2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am hoping joining this thread will get me to log in more consistently. I am a young lady :wink: from Hawaii with four children. I have been with my husband for almost 12 years now. I lost most of the weight with MFP three years ago but then got pregnant with my fourth and put it all back on through being mostly too tired to do anything but watch my kids and go to work (aka lazy). My two middle children are starting kindergarten and pre-K (this week!!) I will also put my youngest in preschool next month when he turns two. I figured with all the new free time, I will be able to push through the beginning stages of committing to a healthier lifestyle and workout routine without feeling exhausted every day. :smiley:
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options

I was all excited that it was so close to me and I thought we would be best friends forever...until it turned into that crazy dinosaur from Jurassic park. It was pure evil.

• Cahgetsfit
    Options
    I just found out we have gym open day happening right now :( URGHHHHH. 5000000000000 students are in there working out for free.

That's the downside of working at a university. The students. however - during holidays it's GREAT we get everything to ourselves :)

I guess that means I better go for a walk instead. GROAN!!!!

Might buy some new runners... or a toaster?

• handyrunner
    Options

I was all excited that it was so close to me and I thought we would be best friends forever...until it turned into that crazy dinosaur from Jurassic park. It was pure evil.

Lol that's hilarious.. made my night
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    NU2014 wrote: »
    Hi! I am hoping joining this thread will get me to log in more consistently. I am a young lady :wink: from Hawaii with four children. I have been with my husband for almost 12 years now. I lost most of the weight with MFP three years ago but then got pregnant with my fourth and put it all back on through being mostly too tired to do anything but watch my kids and go to work (aka lazy). My two middle children are starting kindergarten and pre-K (this week!!) I will also put my youngest in preschool next month when he turns two. I figured with all the new free time, I will be able to push through the beginning stages of committing to a healthier lifestyle and workout routine without feeling exhausted every day. :smiley:

Watching out for 4 kids is a lot of work.
    Best way to lose weight is the diet. less calories.
    You will find your pace when your new routine settles in.
    Even going for a 30 min walk is good for you.
    I do mine in the evening, quieter out. You should have some beautiful scenery to walk around.
  • NU2014
    NU2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    rushfive wrote: »
    Watching out for 4 kids is a lot of work.
    Best way to lose weight is the diet. less calories.
    You will find your pace when your new routine settles in.
    Even going for a 30 min walk is good for you.
    I do mine in the evening, quieter out. You should have some beautiful scenery to walk around.

Thanks @Rushfive! I am short at 5'1 so the calorie restriction is really hard for me. I try to stay around 1,400-1,500 but I can easily put away 2,000-3,000 calories if I wanted to. I have started walking and zumba classes. It is beautiful. :-)

• That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll stop in and say hi. I'm Brittny. I'm from a small town in Illinois. I get asked a lot what my user name means because it just looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo. hahaha It's a combination of my maiden last name and my married name. I have 3 boys and now 3 dogs. Just adopted a puppy yesterday. :)
  • That1Chick_Brit
    That1Chick_Brit Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I rather enjoy tacos.

I love tacos too. And nachos. I make killer nachos. But I don't like guacamole.

Tacos are my weakness!!! I just found out that there is a new mexican restaurant opening in my town. It's going to be so hard not eat there every day! Mind you, I live in a town where the only fast food chain we have is BK and Subway. Anything else is at least a 15 minute drive away. Slim pickens round these parts.