(Men) Does weight matter?

Options

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    From my personal experience, I have NEVER had an issue getting men. The heaviest I have ever been was 302 pounds and I still got guys to date (and got married) and sleep with. I will say that dropping 70+ pounds has given me a broader range of men to choose from and better quality.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    not a man, but speaking from experience...

I got hit on a lot more when I was 'dangerously underweight' than I did at a healthier weight, but the guys who hit on me were either predatory or white knighters, neither of which makes for a happy relationship.
    I also got hit on a lot when I was pregnant. slim & pregnant seemed to be guynip.
    I get hit on the least now that i'm a little heavier and more muscular, though guys still look a lot. the guys who show an interest seem, on the whole, to be nicer guys to be around.
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,465 Member
    Options
    For me it all starts with confidence, I find some good looking women with body issues unattractive. If you don't love yourself or find yourself attractive, it may be hard for some one else to find it attractive.
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I would date this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQRqtUTG8UpIP7TSmYVS1WraKYTkuhnk5KsyvCnBeALhobAw9jRQ

I would not date this
    22236371502f5011bcd1d.jpeg

/THREAD
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    I think the more interesting question, scientifically, is not does weight matter...it's does matter weight?

The short answer, yes.

The slightly longer answer: matter has mass and volume.

So the bigger the woman, the more mass and volume there is to love. Since love is what makes the world go round (and not angular momentum and gravity, psssh) we should aim to marry the largest mates physically possible.

OP, this isn't just for men. Women should be galactically driven pursue the huge as well. Don't be cheaping out and getting with some 130 pound stick figure just because you "love" him. Go big or go home.

tl;dr: dumb answer to dumb question.

Lmao!
  • Ckwhitney88
    Ckwhitney88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A guy once said to me that he wouldn't date any woman who weighed over 150 pounds. I asked him if he brought along a bathroom scale when he went out trolling for chicks.

He asked me on a date and I told him that I wouldn't date any man who was that much of a dbag.

That's Awesome! haha. I wonder that too, like how do you know she's over 150? LOL great reply to that *kitten*
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I would date this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQRqtUTG8UpIP7TSmYVS1WraKYTkuhnk5KsyvCnBeALhobAw9jRQ
    I would not date this
    22236371502f5011bcd1d.jpeg
    /THREAD
    This is along the lines I was thinking. I'm a fat girl, but I totally get it - confidence, personality, and all that is great, but it just does nothing to trump the fact that too overweight/obese is physically unattractive to many many people (even me). And guess what? There's nothing wrong with that. You like what you like and if some sort of physical attraction isn't there, what's the point in being unhappy with the situation?
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    tumblr_m52z86Kfv91r79k32.gif

Awww.

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    To each their own. I feel that if i take care of myself, you should too.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Reading your other posts about cheating and reading this one, (I might be going way out on a limb) but OP did your SO cheat on you with a thinner person? Sorry if that sounds b**chy.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Simple response: men that prefer overweight women are rare... 9 times out of 10, they will always prefer thinner women. It's true. I was a chubby kid in elementary and my mom let me in on that secret early.. she said that men don't like fat women so if I don't lose weight, no one will ever want to be with me lol... I thought it was messed up at first, but really... she's right.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Simple response: men that prefer overweight women are rare... 9 times out of 10, they will always prefer thinner women. It's true. I was a chubby kid in elementary and my mom let me in on that secret early.. she said that men don't like fat women so if I don't lose weight, no one will ever want to be with me lol... I thought it was messed up at first, but really... she's right.

I think that men that prefer overweight women may be rare, but I also think race and location makes a difference also. I will admit that I used to be suspect of men that only wanted to date bigger women, but it only takes a conversation to see what their motives and intentions are. There are actually more men than one might think that like the larger ladies and find them, us, very sexy. And, I might add, these men are very good looking and in shape.

Having said all that, my question is where is the thread asking women if they would date an overweight man????

• rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Here's the truth the way I see it.

Most men I know are not attracted to overweight women. However, I know some who LOVE big women.

It may not be the perfect answer that you wanted to hear, but it's just how the world is today. It's not personal.
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    Reading your other posts about cheating and reading this one, (I might be going way out on a limb) but OP did your SO cheat on you with a thinner person? Sorry if that sounds b**chy.

LOL, no. I have been cheated on before with an ex. (I was actually the other woman in his life and didn't know till she told me. I thought I was his one and only.) My current boyfriend is loyal. I'm just against cheating in relationships. I think it's one of the worst, most disrespectful thing someone could do to their SO.

One of the reason I ask the original question is because I, myself am considered Obese. My boyfriend would be considered a healthy weight, maybe 10 lbs overweight. I know it's usually a stretch for someone healthy to date someone bigger. I just figured since this is a fitness site there are a good amount of people overweight trying to get healthy, and wondered if the men on here would/have ever considered being open minded enough to date someone bigger than normal, healthy weight.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    My question is are guys willing to date an overweight woman and if so, is there a cut off weight for what you would be attracted to in a bigger woman or can you find women attractive at any size?

What would your reply be if we changed the gender of your question? :)

• lislisa123
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »

I think that men that prefer overweight women may be rare, but I also think race and location makes a difference also. I will admit that I used to be suspect of men that only wanted to date bigger women, but it only takes a conversation to see what their motives and intentions are. There are actually more men than one might think that like the larger ladies and find them, us, very sexy. And, I might add, these men are very good looking and in shape.

Having said all that, my question is where is the thread asking women if they would date an overweight man????

I will make one to make it fair. :)
  • lislisa123
    edited July 2015
    Options
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    My question is are guys willing to date an overweight woman and if so, is there a cut off weight for what you would be attracted to in a bigger woman or can you find women attractive at any size?

What would your reply be if we changed the gender of your question? :)

Yes. I have dated guys overweight. I have no problem with it as long as he is a good guy. Which by the way, both guys were in the obese category. 50-80lbs overweight.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Can't help but think of The Contours classic Motown single, "First I Look At The Purse".