Is it just me?

Options
13»

Replies

• R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    The worst is when users with bars over their profile pic give you advice. :| Just ignore and move on. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction.

What do the bars over the profile picture mean? Lol
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    I laughed the other day because a Beachbody coach posted on the forums, I replied pointing out it was against the TOS and reported it and it got deleted, then I got a friend request from her saying "I saw you replied to my thread but it was deleted before I got a chance to read it, but I'd love to talk to you about the product!"

That's brilliant.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP a little under 2 months ago..and within those two months I've been hit up by at least 15 people masquerading as "supportive friends", trying to sell me some bogus shake, drink, supplement or etc.
    Does me being fat make me seem like an easy target who will just go for anything that promises weight loss?!
    I'm educated in the fact that the only way I'm going to lose weight is CICO, and it's working great for me...it's just rather annoying.
    Anyone else get this???

A few times I have had friend requests or messages from people like that.
    Yes, they do think that fat people like us will buy anything that promises weight loss instead of just counting calories because many do.

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    reina1979 wrote: »
    The worst is when users with bars over their profile pic give you advice. :| Just ignore and move on. Sounds like you're headed in the right direction.

What do the bars over the profile picture mean? Lol

I'm not supposed to talk about fight club.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points?

15-Fight-Club-quotes.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Never gotten one. I do have a friend who is a coach of some king, but he's never pushed his agenda on me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've never had a message like that either.

I put a message in my profile about a month ago asking people who send me a FR to write a note. So far about 50% do. I delete the ones who don't, even if I look at their profiles and think we might have something in common.
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it seems I should start being a little more selective about who I add. I guess I didn't expect those kind of people on here...but it makes sense.
    Also, I will be adding a "please do not friend me to sell me your bogus products that do not work!" Haha!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it seems I should start being a little more selective about who I add. I guess I didn't expect those kind of people on here...but it makes sense.
    Also, I will be adding a "please do not friend me to sell me your bogus products that do not work!" Haha!

To me, that just opens the door for someone to tell you about their lousy product and how it's not bogus and does work.
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

To me, that just opens the door for someone to tell you about their lousy product and how it's not bogus and does work.

I could see that.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I'm not terribly selective about who I add, but I've not had this problem.

I'm sure it's not you--a lot of it is probably random. Some of it could be people looking for a particular demographic, namely very young women. I'm curious about whether this would subside if you changed your avatar to something other than your picture.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm not terribly selective about who I add, but I've not had this problem.

I'm sure it's not you--a lot of it is probably random. Some of it could be people looking for a particular demographic, namely very young women. I'm curious about whether this would subside if you changed your avatar to something other than your picture.

I would say... Yes.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Not that I remember. I do get the occasional inappropriate message from gentlemen whom I assume have a bit too much free time on their hands, though.