Options
    Pot calling kettle black
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    Stupidity, ignorance, hypocrites, laziness, closed-mindedness, no sense of humor, and no sex drive.
    We are all ignorant about some things. If ignorance is a turn-off, how is it that you escape the same critic as you place on others? Ignorance does not equate to laziness.

Explain, philosopher.

For the sake of discussion, I am going to say that you are not a Neurosurgeon. As such, that makes you ignorant of the medical terminology used, as well as the mental and physical ability needed to perform the required tasks as said doctor. Being ignorant of the aforementioned does not necessarily mean that you are lazy or incapable of becoming a Neurosurgeon. It simply means that you are not cognitively and physically versed in the subject at hand.

If a person is ignorant about certain aspects of his or his profession or hobby, and said ignorance is based on the fact that the person in question is ignorant due laziness, the ignorance is not good.

Ok, Webster.

Try to understand the complex emotional, genetic, and intellectual aspects of human beings next time.

Running on a book definition of a word without encompassing the entire scope of it is limiting. There are a ton of people who are ignorant because they are stupid and closed-minded and unwilling to better themselves. Example: Racists and Sexists.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Stupidity, ignorance, hypocrites, laziness, closed-mindedness, no sense of humor, and no sex drive.
    We are all ignorant about some things. If ignorance is a turn-off, how is it that you escape the same critic as you place on others? Ignorance does not equate to laziness.

Explain, philosopher.

For the sake of discussion, I am going to say that you are not a Neurosurgeon. As such, that makes you ignorant of the medical terminology used, as well as the mental and physical ability needed to perform the required tasks as said doctor. Being ignorant of the aforementioned does not necessarily mean that you are lazy or incapable of becoming a Neurosurgeon. It simply means that you are not cognitively and physically versed in the subject at hand.

If a person is ignorant about certain aspects of his or his profession or hobby, and said ignorance is based on the fact that the person in question is ignorant due laziness, the ignorance is not good.

Ok, Webster.

Try to understand the complex emotional, genetic, and intellectual aspects of human beings next time.

Why are you being rude? I didn't insult you in any way. You asked me for an explanation and I provided one.
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options

Explain, philosopher.

Ok, Webster.

Why are you being rude? I didn't insult you in any way. You asked me for an explanation and I provided one.

Don't bother
  • sixxpoint
    edited July 2015
    Options

Explain, philosopher.

Ok, Webster.

Not being rude at all. Just proving a point. Was I wrong in what I said?
  • BasicGreatGuy
    edited August 2015
    Options

Explain, philosopher.

Ok, Webster.

Your words: "Ok, Webster.

Try to understand the complex emotional, genetic, and intellectual aspects of human beings next time."

You wrongly surmised (for whatever reason) that ignorance is a bad trait for a lady to have, as far as attraction for you is concerned. I retorted by letting you know, that that which you appeared to dislike is found in all of us, and you can't have a different standard for yourself. You asked for clarification which I subsequently provided. Your retort to me was snide. You were mocking me (re: referring to me as Webster) for doing the very thing you asked of me.

You also assumed (rather negatively) that I had somehow failed in my retort, because i had failed to take into account all the different aspects of human beings. Answering your post did not require me to take all of the different aspects of human nature into account. And the reason for that is I was addressing your use of the word ignorance in a specific manner (read: contextually).

Stupidity, ignorance and closed-mindedness are not synonyms. As such, your latest reply to me is incorrect.

I do agree with you that racism and mysogigny are wrong and not attractive at all.
  • sstoneking1027
    sstoneking1027 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bad kissing
  • sixxpoint
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @BasicGreatGuy
    You seem to believe more in the positive definition of ignorance than the negative true definition. At it's heart, Ignorance is a negative word. Just like stupidity. You could be stupid about brain surgery, because you haven't performed it. But that doesn't make the word stupid less valid.

I'm just wondering why you are attacking me for saying ignorance is unattractive? People who don't bathe every day are also unattractive to me, but that doesn't mean they are swarming with germs.
  • GoJul18
    GoJul18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Besides cheaters and abusers?

Men who want kids (I'm childfree by choice, so that's why it's a turnoff), men that want you to call them "daddy" in bed (I'm not into that. Sorry), men who have pregnancy fetishes, misogynists, far left or right wingers, overweight (tried it once. Never again. Call me shallow, but whatever), too hairy, and someone who doesn't groom their feet.

I have never in my life understood the whole 'who's your daddy/call me daddy' thing, surely if there is one thing you don't want in your sex life it is the thought of parents. Never heard of a woman saying 'Call me mummy' either.

Ikr!? It's just so gross!

I agree & so are rape fantasies, why'd someone even desire to be a pretend victim?

Beats me. It's pretty horrific.
    Some people like the thought of being helpless? It's just a fantasy. But I feel bad for the ppl that have it happen for real and not a fantasy
  • GoJul18
    GoJul18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sounding like a stuffy nosed gorilla when chewing food. Or making yummy noises....
  • Allison1385
    Allison1385 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Smoking
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Dick Picts for sure!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    @BasicGreatGuy
    You seem to believe more in the positive definition of ignorance more than the negative definition. At it's heart, Ignorance is a negative word. Just like stupidity. You could be stupid about brain surgery, because you haven't performed it. But that doesn't make the word stupid less valid.

At double my age, you have a lot to learn about words and their meanings.

My age has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. But, since you brought my age up, I am not double your age. Double your age would make me 66, which I am not.

Again, stupidity, ignorance, and closed-mindedness are not synonyms. If they were, your posting would have been accurate (re: ignorance).

Not using the words in the definitions you want them to have does not equate to me having a lot to learn about words and their meaning. Not even close.

You are welcome to your opinion.

I tried to help you out, by bringing to your attention, the ugly irony of your original post. It was my hope that in doing so, you would appreciate someone needful correction, lest you be seen as one who is the very thing he finds unattractive.

I am done with the conversation. I shall not waste anymore of my time on this.
  • sixxpoint
    edited August 2015
    Options
    ^ In essence, you were wrong. Agreed.

Not sure why you even commented. Your response did not benefit me or anyone else one single bit.
    My age has nothing to do with the discussion at hand. But, since you brought my age up, I am not double your age. Double your age would make me 66, which I am not.

Also, your profile states 50 years old.

I am 32, so double would actually be 64
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,045 Member
    Options

Explain, philosopher.

Ok, Webster.

Perhaps not technically, but you are reading as a bit of a douche on this. :ohwell:

It's an a b conversation so c your way out sorry you had it coming :flowerforyou:
  • sixxpoint
    edited August 2015
    Options

Explain, philosopher.

Ok, Webster.

Perhaps not technically, but you are reading as a bit of a douche on this. :ohwell:

Using the word Douche is very personal and subjective... I might think you're a douche based on your username.

Doesn't mean you are one, lieutenant underpants.
  • sixxpoint
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good. Then you're a cool dude.

Thanks?
  • JSurita3
    JSurita3 Posts: 10,188 Member
    Options
    Should we all sing Kumbaya....