August 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    In for 90 miles this month, getting ready for half marathons in September & October (and possibly November). If things go well I may try for 100.

@kristinegift - I start off with a cutback week too!

I'll get a ticker set up soon.

8/1 - 9 miles
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today. Miles for August

8/1 17 miles - 17

exercise.png

It was another beautiful cool morning. Felt great doing my long run with my group this morning. If it wasn't for the sore muscles, I probably gone for 20. LOL I am going to enjoy my rest day tomorrow.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Aug 1 - 43 mile bike ride

Kind of silly to post with 0 running miles, but riding bikes this weekend both days so won’t run until Monday. Back to school on Monday so not sure how I'm going to get my long run in yet. I guess I will try to do it after school in the afternoon. And pray for rain so it will cool down! I'm very afraid of Florida lightning so I really don't want to be out 5 miles from home and then lightning starts.

exercise.png

@JoRocka - lol - that would make me crazy to have someone biking with me while I run. It shouldn't, but it would.
    @whatmerunning - I cracked up on this too! I never heard of repairing shoes like that. Be curious to see how they last.
  • staceycs1963
    staceycs1963 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    My goad is 50 miles for August. I am fairly new to running and battling PF.
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I set out today with testosterone blaring, fully amped to get both my 16 planned miles AND a trail run in my new ogre-proof shoes. I had no idea if I could run that long on trails, I can do it on the road for sure. I got 10 miles in and knew I better call it for the day.

I chased some deer and almost had them until they stsrted running away. Also had a turkey cross about 50 feet ahead of me. He left me a feather.

Oh, I found that ogre too, and got a pictrure this time, the pic is on Strava below. He seemed very tame this time through. He did not bite at my shoes. The ogre-repelling glue did it's job in every way!

http://app.strava.com/activities/358742937

8/1 - 10 miles

Goal 220 miles

exercise.png

• truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    After a discussion with my trainer last night, I'm going to adjust my training goal, thereby lowering my expected mileage for August to 75. Started with an easy 5k today.

exercise.png
  • estepicursor
    estepicursor Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    4 miles today. Let's see if I figured out this ticker thing...

exercise.png
  • AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Starting week 7 of c25k today, my goal is going to be 35 miles this month.

8-1: 2.5 mi/35
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Good job so far guys.

8/1: 14 miles

14/130
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/1 - 16.5 trail run with 2 fabulous women! (Aka my therapy session) now only 183.5 to go. Lol

@WhatMeRunning - you crack me up! I love your ogre vs the shoe stories.

@mwyvr - I am happy to see there are a few of us attempting 200 for the 1st time. Safety in numbers. ;)

I love seeing everyone's enthusiasm in here! Such a great group.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Oh, I found that ogre too, and got a pictrure this time, the pic is on Strava below. He seemed very tame this time through. He did not bite at my shoes. The ogre-repelling glue did it's job in every way!

http://app.strava.com/activities/358742937

That photo is the perfect metaphor for trail running... Steady wins!

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    8/1 - 10 miles

10 miles out of 120

exercise.png

@whatmerunning I'm dying here I'm laughing so hard.

200 miles a month - I'm not even sure how I could fit that into my life. You all rock!

I love seeing all the new folks joining! Great start to the month everyone.
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I started off the month with my first-ever timed race. I ran 5K in 33:43 (a good outside time for me)!

Tomorrow is hiking--do those miles get counted, too? I'll be wearing my trail shoes. ;)

exercise.png
  • Little_Britches_Alpaca
    Options

exercise.png

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Welcome all you new folks. Don't feel like you need to apologize for whatever your goal is. We all start at 0 and move up from there. My 0 lasted years. LOL.

@skippygirlsmom How to fit 200 miles into your life? I can't speak for anyone else but certain other things might not be getting done to the fullest extent. ;-D

exercise.png
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		010.60 km
    Goal:			322 km / 200 miles (3% completed)
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Aug 01 10.60 km Trails both wide + single track

311 km to go. What have I signed up for? :blush:
  • tiffyree23
    tiffyree23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    8/1 3 mi walked, 15 min yoga, 30 min circuit wts
    total: 3/60

I decided I was going to add my other activities to have a better visual of my progress.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

200 miles a month - I'm not even sure how I could fit that into my life. You all rock!

Well, it helps that I have nothing to do before 10 am ever and only 1 class and a part-time job and zero real responsibilities (family, etc.). That leaves me lots of room for both TV show watching and run doing. But it's gonna be a time crunch once the semester gets underway in September!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    200 miles a month - I'm not even sure how I could fit that into my life.
    I'm still trying to figure that part out myself. :lol: It helps having that first full marathon just over 2 months away as motivation on the runs. Still working on the motivation to work in the yard.
  • dextersp68
    dextersp68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow whatmerunning. Doing a marathon!! I'm chuffed at just doing a 10km run at the end of August.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    3 miles done today, 27 to go.
    ill update ticker when im on the computer