Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Morning Patricia :)

I'm having some early morning cuddles with Charlie while he watches Madagascar.

It's Mr Smartie, Mrs smartie, and i's anniversary today. They drove down on Friday night to surprise me. Got the fright of my life when I heard my front door opening at 1am.

We took Charlie, and my 9 year old niece to the zoo yesterday and had a lovely day in the sunshine.

Lazy day plans today and I have a table booked at a restaurant in Uxbridge for tonight. We start a new year together today. We've got a lot of work to do to repair our relationships, but half the battle is that we each want to.

My weight is the same for the fourth week running and I confess I am seriously PO!

Give yourself a break on the weight. You've lots of stress recently, you've started a different workout program, and it's not going up. In your shoes, I would call that a win. :)
    Absolutely!
    Hope things work out for you and your SOs. Any news on your sister's baby?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm back from vacation (will try to post a couple of pictures later) but just wanted to say Hi! There's no way I can catch up, so I'm just going to jump right back in there.

It's great to see some old faces back on the thread!

Welcome home! Glad to have you back. Did you have a super great time? :smiley:
    Thank you! Yes, it was lovely. Very lazy and relaxed; just nice family time really.

Welcome back. Sounds awesome
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I dropped a big blog of peanut butter onto the crotch of my black pants. I tried to clean it off, but peanut butter isn't the most cooperative, so I will most likely have this awful stain on the crotch of my pants all day.

I really don't like the word crotch.

Tehe I've done this with avocado before :D

I'm not a huge fan of the word crotch either but as much as I dislike it it makes me giggle!

This reminds me.....I bought Wholly Guacamole today, single serve, spicy.....I have not tried it yet, but when I do, it is the first time ever.....I know to eat it with nacho chips, but do I also use salsa? Cheese dip? Anything else?? LOL

I am not a fan of Wholly Guacamole. I will eat it as it is definitely not the worst out there, but it is not the best either (I usually make my own). So if you don't like it that does not rule out you liking a different guacamole in the future I hope. :wink: The spicy is ok, probably it will be spicy enough but you can have a bit with guac, the next with salsa, and so on. My daughter's first solid food was guacamole at an authentic restaurant. She still loves it.

I tried it tonight....it was o-k....I did not finish the whole serving and I cut it with dill pickle dip, lol.

I tried it in the US. I thought most guacamole there was better than the stuff you get in the supermarket here, even that. But Chipotle guacamole, I wish I could eat some right now!
    I lived on guacamole in Mexico! (By which I mean I ate lots of other things too, but managed to get some guacamole in at pretty much every meal!)

Yum. I love good guacamole. We have good guacamole here. Visit anytime.
  • nonoelmo
    Options

It's Mr Smartie, Mrs smartie, and i's anniversary today. They drove down on Friday night to surprise me. Got the fright of my life when I heard my front door opening at 1am.

We took Charlie, and my 9 year old niece to the zoo yesterday and had a lovely day in the sunshine.

Lazy day plans today and I have a table booked at a restaurant in Uxbridge for tonight. We start a new year together today. We've got a lot of work to do to repair our relationships, but half the battle is that we each want to.

My weight is the same for the fourth week running and I confess I am seriously PO!

Give yourself a break on the weight. You've lots of stress recently, you've started a different workout program, and it's not going up. In your shoes, I would call that a win. :)
    Absolutely!

I agree with that. Be loving and gentle with yourself.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    If we're still all part of the bat cave in a year or so I say we make plans to take a trip to meet!! Everyone's always saying come visit o:):)
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

MissKalhan wrote: »
    Okay, as another word comparison, how do you say batteries?

Bat-trees or (the correct way lol) batter-ees ?

Batter-ees! Pet peeve here, people who can't say espresso correctly...

For me it is nuclear. People who can't pronounce it correctly.

What really winds me up is the number of people who work in the industry and still don't say it right!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes)
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach)
    Butterbeer
    Sunday roast (pubs are good if nobody wants to cook)
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options

Absolutely!

Social services had a meeting on Wednesday, which my mum attended. They are challenging the report used by the social worker, because it contains a lot of inaccuracies. It looks like they copy and pasted the assessment report from 3 years ago when Charlie was due (not that a huge amount has changed). Anyway, the child will have a child protection plan, and we are pretty much sure that the baby will be coming to us, if not immediately after birth, fairly soon after. Thats more about how we feel about my sister's parenting than anything else. But baby is due 30th September. My sister has booked a caesarian (because she's lazy....). And we on holiday 10-24 September.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    If we're still all part of the bat cave in a year or so I say we make plans to take a trip to meet!! Everyone's always saying come visit o:):)

You can meet the south east based of us when you come over.

And hopefully @girldownsouth and I will be heading to Tennessee next year (training and baby permitting) so we could congregate round there?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Okay, as another word comparison, how do you say batteries?

Bat-trees or (the correct way lol) batter-ees ?

Batter-ees! Pet peeve here, people who can't say espresso correctly...

For me it is nuclear. People who can't pronounce it correctly.

What really winds me up is the number of people who work in the industry and still don't say it right!
    George W style 'noo-cou-ler'?
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Absolutely!

Social services had a meeting on Wednesday, which my mum attended. They are challenging the report used by the social worker, because it contains a lot of inaccuracies. It looks like they copy and pasted the assessment report from 3 years ago when Charlie was due (not that a huge amount has changed). Anyway, the child will have a child protection plan, and we are pretty much sure that the baby will be coming to us, if not immediately after birth, fairly soon after. Thats more about how we feel about my sister's parenting than anything else. But baby is due 30th September. My sister has booked a caesarian (because she's lazy....). And we on holiday 10-24 September.
    Flippin'eck, what a mess. Huge hugs to you and your mum. So glad that you have each other. :/

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to share my latest NSV with you.

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Nice! What is pistachio salad? Sounds yummy.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

It amazes me what you Americans call salad...
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I forgot to share my latest NSV with you.

I went to a baby shower Saturday, and there was homemade cupcakes, veggies and dip, nuts, chocolate covered pretzel sticks, watermelon, pistachio salad, and candy. I filled 2 small plates with veggies and little bit of dip, 1 pretzel, watermelon, mixed nuts, (just a few) 4 buttermints, (which I shared with Mr. Mo) and a small scoop of pistachio salad. I totally skipped the cupcakes!!! I didn't even feel like I was missing out because everyone that ate one, had blue lips and tongue.

Nice! What is pistachio salad? Sounds yummy.

Instant pistachio pudding mix is combined with whipped topping, miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple, and nuts. This particular salad had a few too many marshmallows for me. I'm sure everyone makes theirs different, but this one was pretty good and not super heavy.

It amazes me what you Americans call salad...

...well....not all of us think of those as "salads". :wink:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Butterbeer
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

Steak and kidney pie
    Kippers (for breakfast!)
    White aka "mealie" pudding (which is neither a custard nor a dessert, it's more of a sausage thing)
    Deep fried Mars bar

@orangesmartie happy anniversary and sure hope you guys can work things out!

@kellyjellybellyjelly my father is a lefty. I mouse and shoot pool left-handed.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I shoot pool left handed too! My left handed friend taught me how to shoot.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @bkhamill! She is beautiful.

@kellyjellybellyjelly, I'm left-handed as well and one of those people who can't do ANYTHING right-handed, so I get it.

Glad you had great vacations, all you vacation-ers!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 I'm so glad everything is starting to fall in to place for you and you feel it easier to cope going forward. I'm not religious either, but I truly believe the universe has a plan

Thank you! I'd been wondering how you were doing! ❤️

@bkhamill She is adorable! Congrats!!
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    ljmorgi wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    So TMI alert but here's a thought (you've been warned).

As previously bemoaned, a lovely side effect of pregnancy is the slowing down of one's bowel and all the delightful consequences associated therewith.

While I finally managed to 'lighten my load' earlier today after a few days of stalling, it occurred to me that perhaps this is nature's way of readying the body for birth. I swear I had to do breathing exercises to get through it!

I feel better now...

As I don't have children and therefore have never given birth, this scares me :#

Aaah I didn't mean to put anyone off. Pregnancy has thus far not been too bad. I haven't puked once! Also now I'm at the stage where people officially know, I feel I can stick my gut out as far as I like (even if it is primarily due to too much lunch rather than baby). There are positives too!

I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

I'm just waiting for the clock to run out and hoping my health conditions mean early menopause!

Eeek. Be careful what you wish for...

Well, the tubal ligation thing didn't work out (lots of scar tissue in my abdominal cavity due to earlier things...) so that's my best hope. I have a couple of coworkers who said that honestly, aside from the hot flashes, theirs wasn't so bad, so I'm hoping it works out that way for me too.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Also checking in as another lefty! True story, when I was in elementary school, being left handed was apparently not acceptable and my teachers actually tried to force me to write right handed. Needless to say, it didn't go well, and eventually they gave up. Raelynn hasn't completely shown which hand is more dominant, but she does tend to use her left hand quite a bit. It must be a family thing since my mom and I are left handed and SIL is left handed too lol!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Butterbeer
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

I screen shotted this and sent it to the SO! Thanks Tubbs!!