Magnificent Mamas (Closed Group)

Options
LynnW52
LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
Welcome ladies! We have made an incredible bond over the months and would like to have that carry through beyond pre and postnatal.

Replies

• RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    bump!

No time to chat - trying to get everything together for my first road trip with Annabelle! It will be my first time driving in the car with her all by myself and we're going 2 1/2 hrs away :noway: Pray for me today ladies!! lol Hopefully she will sleep the whole time. I foresee having to pull over a few times for when she drops her paci!! :laugh: We're going to visit my mom, dad, some friends from high school/college and then a little bit of pool time on Saturday. I'm excited...but also nervous! :smile:
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    No time to chat - trying to get everything together for my first road trip with Annabelle! It will be my first time driving in the car with her all by myself and we're going 2 1/2 hrs away :noway: Pray for me today ladies!! lol Hopefully she will sleep the whole time. I foresee having to pull over a few times for when she drops her paci!! :laugh: We're going to visit my mom, dad, some friends from high school/college and then a little bit of pool time on Saturday. I'm excited...but also nervous! :smile:

I will definitely keep you in my prayers - I'm sure it will be an adventure for the two of you!! Love your new profile pic Megan, you look great!!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Megan- good luck with that, I haven't driven more than 30 mins because I am afraid of what may happen. Then again I have nobody that far to visit. Feed her right before you leave and you should be good.

Ladies, there is no need to worry about the baby's position and your "progress" pre labor. There is an "optimal" position but even if baby gets to that spot they rarely stay there. Brooklynn played games the last month or so and would get there an then move back. Once you hit 36 weeks and they start cervical checks many people feel down when they "haven't progressed" but I have only dialated anything this time around with my 3rd. The first 2 babies I was long and closed until active labor. IMO it is probably best to not have them, they really do not mean anything.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Lynn -- Thanks for the new thread!

Megan -- Thinking of you today! I love your new picture and the way Annabelle's looking up at you. :heart: You look fantastic! Have a fun and easy trip!

Sheri -- Thanks for the advice! I'm sure you're right about not having the checks. Unfortunately, I"m waaaayyyyy too curious for my own good! :laugh: By the way, weren't you supposed to take some of this heat? Please? We hit triple digits (with a heat index 10 degrees higher than that) here yesterday. It's too much.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Sheri- Thanks for saying that. I don't really care about my cervix and its progress, but I've been worrying over Emma's position and whether or not she'll rip me a new one on the way out. Like Julie said, though, I'm way too curious to pass up the first check. If it hurts I may pass up the others, but if it doesn't bother me I'll keep up with it.

Megan- Good luck with your drive!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    bump!

Will say a prayer for you! Enjoy your time with family.

We drove 6 hrs to St. Louis this past Memorial Day weekend and out of my four kids, the baby was the best behaved.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Megan- you look great! I will be thinking about you on your trip! My sister and I took her baby last summer to Michigan (10 hours) at 8 weeks, it wasn’t too bad because she slept so much!

Sheri- Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to try the first check as well and decide after that.

As many of you know I have been throwing up my entire pregnancy except for about 1 month. The beginning I think was just all day MS. But my sister just mentioned to me that she was describing my symptoms to her DH who is a nurse and he thinks it could be acid reflex. It’s not really my stomach but I feel like I need to throw up in my chest? And I have been puking more bile. She took Nexium and it helped her so much. I just called my dr. to see if I could try it. Worth a shot maybe?

Question: So I have heard that the schedule you wake up at night from the baby seems to be the times the baby wakes up when it comes out. Is this a myth? I wake up at the exact same times every night.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Megan- I hope you have a great trip/visit! Thinking of you while you are traveling alone. I'm sure you will both do great though :flowerforyou:

Anne- I hope that works for you. It does sound like AR though. def.

Bethe- I couldn't help but chuckle that baby Wade was the best behaved :wink:
  • sthorp1179
    sthorp1179 Posts: 104
    Options
    They don't even check your cervix over here unless you are in labour and having active contractions or they do a sweep if you go overdue or need to be induced for some reason. It seems totally unnecessary to me because some ladies will have a slightly opened cervix towards the end of pregnancy (particularly if they are not first timers) and this does not mean that labour is imminent in any way. I would not want a doctor or nurse poking around in there unnecessarily!

Have a great trip Megan I'm sure Annabelle will be great and just sleep all the way through as she's so young! Travel with my three is a total nightmare!!!

Hope your sickness finally gets sorted Anne, it sure doesn't sound like fun throwing up all the time.

Its been a busy and emotional day for me, been feeling very PMS like and moody today, that usually means AF can't be that far away (5 days).

Will catch up tomorrow when I'm in a better mood! :)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Anne -- I definitely think seeing if acid reflux treatment will help with your puking is worth a shot! I don't know if the waking up thing is a myth but it sounds a bit like it would be to me. Does that include pee trips, too, or just waking up randomly? Or waking up because of baby moving? I pretty much never wake up because of baby moving (thanks, good baby!). It's usually pee or leg cramps or random insomnia.

I <3 Publix! I went at lunch and spent $47 and saved $68. :happy: And that included a $3 loaf of bread I had THOUGHT was on sale B1G1 free. I was mistaken. But I'm not nearly anal, petty, or patient enough to wait in line at Customer Service to return a loaf of bread. :laugh: It's one of my favorite breads so it's not like I won't enjoy it. I just didn't enjoy paying $3 for bread. Oh well!

Ha, baby is on hiccup session #3 for the day. Poor thing.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Thanks Danielle, Steph and Julie. My Dr. called in the prescription so we will see!

Julie- I just feel like I wake up the exact same times each night. 3 am, 6 am. I guess it isn’t really from baby kicking… ha maybe it doesn’t make sense. Nice save at publix!

Hope everyone is having a nice day!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Julie- I am also too curious, I had them done but mostly because I figured the more I got checked the faster labor would happen. It was always disappointing though when there was no “progress” so I don’t want you ladies to be discouraged by that kind of stuff. Weather is perfect here so you can keep your heat, we are in the high 70s so warm enough for summer clothes but cool enough to not croak in the house. Yay for saving $ its my favorite thing to do

Brittony- Even if she rips you a new one she will be worth it. I think that the best way to avoid that is to be more controlled in the pushing though.

Bethe- Brooklynn is always my best behaved and my oldest is always the naughtiest

Anne- Hopefully you find some relief, I’ve never experience AR but I did get sick throughout my pregnancy. I’m pretty sure waking up is a myth, even out side Brooklynn’s sleeping patterns change all of the time. Whenever I think I’ve gotten it figured out she throws me through a loop. The only guarantee is that she is ready for bed between 8 and 8:30 meaning that by 8pm she had better had a bath, gotten lotion but on her, in her pjs and on her booby. Otherwise she will scream her head off.

Steph- Hopefully TOM stays away and you get your BFP
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Megan- you look great! I will be thinking about you on your trip! My sister and I took her baby last summer to Michigan (10 hours) at 8 weeks, it wasn’t too bad because she slept so much!

Sheri- Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to try the first check as well and decide after that.

As many of you know I have been throwing up my entire pregnancy except for about 1 month. The beginning I think was just all day MS. But my sister just mentioned to me that she was describing my symptoms to her DH who is a nurse and he thinks it could be acid reflex. It’s not really my stomach but I feel like I need to throw up in my chest? And I have been puking more bile. She took Nexium and it helped her so much. I just called my dr. to see if I could try it. Worth a shot maybe?

Question: So I have heard that the schedule you wake up at night from the baby seems to be the times the baby wakes up when it comes out. Is this a myth? I wake up at the exact same times every night.

The times I woke up during pregnancy were random pee trips. But now that he is here, I will wake up at night and I KNOW that Wade will soon be awake. It is really odd. It is like we are on the same clock or he "senses" that I am awake. I remember this with my other babies too. So, for me, there is no correlation between times I woke up during pregnancy and the time he wakes now, but definitely when I wake up now I know he will soon be waking. Sometimes it is almost creepy how we are on the same schedule. But, I shouldn't complain, the last three nights he has slept seven hours in a row! The first night was in St. Louis while on our trip! Maybe we are on a roll!

Danielle ~ it was so true. Wade slept so much on the way down and I stressed out thinking the other kids were going to wake him up. But even when he woke up he was good as long as he had a clean/dry diaper and was fed. I have been thinking of you lately! Have you decide not to take the hypnobirthing classes? Just curious.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

Hiccups can be so annoying! But remember that means a healthy baby who is practicing breathing.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Sheri- Thanks for saying that. I don't really care about my cervix and its progress, but I've been worrying over Emma's position and whether or not she'll rip me a new one on the way out. Like Julie said, though, I'm way too curious to pass up the first check. If it hurts I may pass up the others, but if it doesn't bother me I'll keep up with it.

Megan- Good luck with your drive!

You will be fine! My babies were always out in four pushes or less (all four of them). When it comes time to push you feel lots of relief. It feels good to be able to push. My doctor wasn't there quickly and I had to hold off pushing with my first (they didn't think I would go as quickly as I did and the nurses thought they were going to have to deliver the baby). All I wanted to do was push. So when my doctor arrived I was thankful. Honestly you won't know whether you have torn or not (afterwards you will when they say they have to give you a few stitches). But I have torn with them all. And each time I wasn't sure if I had or not. So please don't worry about that. All will be fine. :flowerforyou: It sounds so much worse than it is believe me. The time to push is such an exciting time and when you have that beautiful blessing in your arms that (whether you tore or not) is the last thing you are thinking about.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Hiccups can be so annoying! But remember that means a healthy baby who is practicing breathing.

Used to love when Celine was having hiccups. Her nickname used to miss hiccups for a while after she was born because she continued to have them after she was born.
  • AMummysLife
    AMummysLife Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Had my MW appointment today. Got my forms for bloods at 10 weeks and NT scan at 12 weeks.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options

I felt them for the first time last Sunday! I thought they were kind of annoying too. I didn't realize it meant a healthy baby- yay! I have not felt them since then though