WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2105

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Back to the real world. We had a great weekend and I got lots of steps. Today was weigh in and down 1.5 pound. So I am starting August the same as I started July. Our step challenge started at work and I do think that will help. One Day at a Time.

Meg--Ouch! Glad you were not burnt worse. It does sounds like the lids had a problem.

Sylvia--Sounds like the new cooker is a hit. This last weekend DS and DDIL made cream can stew. It was really good. Just put all the stuff in this cream like can and cook on camp fire about 45 minutes.

Carol--Sending HUGS and hope things are better.

Janetr--Sending lots of prayers and HUGS.

Terri--Nice picture.

miriam--Glad you got DS all moved out and you are back home.

WOW! I just got to the August page and already 10 pages. This will more then likely take me a couple days to catch up. We are a busy group. Thanks, Barbie for keeping us going and on track. Love ya!

Grits--I do hope you stay with us. This is a great group and I would miss you.

Joan19 & Shani & Cheryl--Welcome, come often and get to know us and us you. This is a great group.

Chris--Sounds like you are doing great and hope that you enjoy your vacation.

Heather--I wear bright color nail polish and realize it is for younger people but I figure it is me. Hope you enjoy it.

Allison--Sending HUGS and prayers. Not sure what else to say.

I am out of time and up to top of page 5. Will be back tomorrow. Ladies thanks for all you do and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Kibbly - you're not too far away from my DSIL. I'm ashamed to say I've never been to Northampton. :embarassed:

Well, I've just received an email from my DDIL, the clinical psychologist, to say that my son is incredibly stressed with work at the moment and she doesn't think now is the right time to discuss anything he might find difficult. Apparently he has a "launch" to get through and she thinks it should wait till after that. I'm not sure how she knows it might be such sensitive stuff, but she might have guessed. I'm happy to wait as I'm a long way from finishing the book. At least I have broached the possibility of a discussion.
    Apparently after the DGCs visit to Arsenal at the weekend, when I posted the photo, DGS has refused to take off his new football shirt with his name on the back and his socks for three days. :laugh:

Thanks everyone for the hugs. <3

Heather UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    Options
    im ticked off.. darn fitbit died at 9:15 this morning and wont sync or charge... this is rediculous
  • mamenat
    mamenat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dear Kris,
    My sister is seven years older than her husband. It is working out fine. Married thirty years. Of course, my sister is special. You know...maybe you're special. Could be... You know, not all men are idiots...some of them really love a woman. I'm sure he has thought about whether he can accept your aging. He must have decided that he could.
    It is true (I'm 57) that our bodies require an entirely different standard of care every decade. Frankly, it would be difficult to starve me. At this point I could live on practically nothing. I guess I should be happy.
    I'm happy to be pain free. Are you pain free? Makes me feel lucky.
    Mame
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    ps0251c84iea.jpg

just because

Soooooo cute!!!!!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • Charm4u76132
    Charm4u76132 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    GE Repair Man NEVER showed up. Feel like they LIED. Sitting here crying my eyes out.
    Options
    They did! Do they do eve calls?? Get on the phone n ask for what you want. I had this with a new dishwasher, it didn't clean. Finally after the 3rd repair I told them to get it out of my house!!! Had to go to the manager n claim I was going to report them to better business bureau. It worked !! Don't cry get mad and roar!!! Easier said than done. I feel for you!! If I can help let me know. Gayle Minneapolis
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    GE Repair Man NEVER showed up. Feel like they LIED. Sitting here crying my eyes out.

When did you buy the washing machine?
    Options
    Kibbly wrote: »
    Hi all, just checking in quickly. I had another good day yesterday and so far today.
    Looked after the grandchildren this afternoon which is always a joy. I'm feeling shattered now :)

Have a good day everyone

Kibbly from the UK

Do you watch eastenders???? My 93 mom does n loves it!!!! We are 4 years behind. Gayle Minneapolis
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Lenora highlight the star by the title of this page. It should turn yellow. Then when you hit the gray star at the top it should direct you to here. I need to remind myself to do this when the new month starts.

Star remains gray - won't turn yellow.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »

Grits--I do hope you stay with us. This is a great group and I would miss you.

Oh, I plan on staying . . . even if I have to get 'pushy' to do so. LOL! I get a lot of encouragement knowing that I am not alone in this journey here. <3:)B)o:)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Finally, I think I highlighted the correct star. DUH!
    Options
    Finally, I think I highlighted the correct star. DUH!

Lol!!!!!! I'm at the age where all this stuff is Latin to me!!! Gayle Minneapolis
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Tonight I got home from the studio, threw frozen chicken, red potatoes and a cup on unsalted chicken stock into my pressure cooker, along with some Mrs Dash, and presto! In 30 minutes my dinner was ready and falling off the bone tender. I LOVE this thing!

I had gone thru the drive through at the Chinese place and bought hubby his dinner, and briefly considered getting myself a meal, but I thought of my pressure cooker and made it home without so much as a fortune cookie for myself. My dinner was MUCH better.

Tomorrrow morning we have to get up at 5:30, pick up DGD#2 at 6:30, and drive to Kansas City by 8:30. So I'm going to bed early. Good night everyone.

Sylvia
  • Charm4u76132
    Options
    Just bought the GE compact stacking washer & dryer 2-1/2 MONTHS ago. Researched and read many reviews before purchasing. This set was very expensive. Purchased from the new Nebraska Furniture Mart in TX, which has been fabulous. also purchased a 4 yr. extended protection plan on both w&d from NFM.

Unfortunately, must deal with GE on repair since it's covered under 1 year manufacturer warranty. They are absolutely HORRIBLE!!!

I'm VERY upset that the GE Repair guy REFUSED to do an emergency door unlock yesterday because he's too damn lazy and doesn't give a crap that my clothes are being ruined. Today, GE confirmed that the emergency door unlock is a very simple procedure. I have very few clothes that I can wear to work right now. As a result, I've had to wear clothes to work that are too casual.

My clothes are WET and have been locked inside the broken washer for 1 week now. GE repair guy is not scheduled to come back until Monday, Aug. 10. So my WET clothes will have been locked in there for 2 weeks!

Called GE Repair service line again at 5:30 pm local. But was told to wait until Dispatch called tonight--or the repair guy arrived. He NEVER showed up! NFM website is not working. At this point, I just want my clothes unlocked and am seriously wanting a REFUND. Definitely calling GE Repair AGAIN first thing in the morning. Grrr!

It takes a great deal to make me cry and this has really done it. Cried my eyes out over the anger and frustration.

Any other ideas? Please HELP!!! Thank you, Nancy in FW, TX
  • Charm4u76132
    Options
    I'm going to raise Texas Holy HELL with GE first thing tomorrow morning!!! This situation is totally unacceptable and their customer DISservice just stinks.
  • Charm4u76132
    Options
    Thank you all for the BEAUTIFUL dog pics!
  • SandiRemedios
    SandiRemedios Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm going to raise Texas Holy HELL with GE first thing tomorrow morning!!! This situation is totally unacceptable and their customer DISservice just stinks.

YOU GO GIRL!!!
  • Sunnygirl_2015
    Sunnygirl_2015 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

YOU GO GIRL!!!

While your at it I'd call the furniture mart and give them a piece of my mind! They sold it to you. Just me though : )

Go get'em.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Lenora highlight the star by the title of this page. It should turn yellow. Then when you hit the gray star at the top it should direct you to here. I need to remind myself to do this when the new month starts.

Star remains gray - won't turn yellow.
    You may be hitting the wrong star. It is the one that is on the same line as the title of the thread. It's pretty little.