Canned Tuna:::Quick Recipe Ideas

Options
uniquesoul73
uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
I have a boatload of canned tuna packed in water. Usually I boil some whole wheat pasta and toss in some tuna. I'd like to expand my options with canned tuna...anyone have any quick recipe ideas?

Replies

• Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Tuna Mayo sandwich or whole meal toast spread tomato puree on it tuna on top then show low fat cheese, grill. Like cheese on toast but with more protein and very filling! I like tuna with rice or in salads.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    drained can of tuna, diced avocado, and balsamic vinegar or hot sauce, depending on your liking!!
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    Sometimes I mix Tuna with Balsamico Vinegar, hardboiled Eggs, cut Celery or Onions, and cut Tomatoes and/or corn and eat that on sandwich bread.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    yum
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I make tuna melts, mix tuna with miracle whip light, some relish or pickles, tomatoes onions, as many veggies as you like in your tuna, put it on a piece of toasted bread and throw a little cheese on top of that and then melt it in an oven or toaster oven, Yummy!
  • goaliegirl69
    Options
    Mix Tuna fish with a little bit of olive oil mayo, garlic and onion powder, and salt and pepper. Then I usually mix with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, olives, and sometimes some goat cheese or other veggies to have a nice, protein filled salad.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I make tuna melts, mix tuna with miracle whip light, some relish or pickles, tomatoes onions, as many veggies as you like in your tuna, put it on a piece of toasted bread and throw a little cheese on top of that and then melt it in an oven or toaster oven, Yummy!

Mmm- this- but I leave out the cheese and don't warm it up :)
  • blackpearlgrl
    blackpearlgrl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like to mix 1 tsp of virgin olive oil with the drained tuna and add sliced olives, red onion, smoked pepper, tomato slice,and top with a slice of low fat Swiss cheese on a slice of multi-grain muffin. Then broil until cheese is melted. Delicious
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    all sounds yummy will have to try!!!!!
  • Sprinkie09
    Sprinkie09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    simple salad... shredded lettuce, a lil olive oil and tuna-i add a lil salt/pepper. :) so yummy.
    also-egg, tuna & lite mayo... yumminesss. :)
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Throw it in my salads! Just my normal lettuce, cucumber, tomato etc salad! Toss it in!
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I adore tuna sandwiches, I have one nearly every day! I mix it with a bit of light mayo and have it in seedy bread either with lettuce or raw spinach. Sometimes for dinner I mix it with mayo again and some blanched spinach and have it on top of a jacket potato.
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Tuna Patties

1 can of tuna packed in water, drained
    diced onion
    diced bell pepper (whatever colors you have)
    egg
    Mrs. Dash of your choice (or seasonings to taste)
    black pepper
    chopped spinach

Mix all ingredients together and form into patties. Saute in a little olive oil or cooking spray. Very easy and very tasty!
  • Bryce58
    Bryce58 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump - for later
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    Ooh that reminds me..tuna and chickpea patties are lovely. Blend chickpeas until smooth, add tuna, egg, bit of flour if too sloppy, whatever herbs and spices you wantshape into patties. You can fry them but I suck at keeping them in one piece so just pop them in the oven on baking paper until they are browning.
  • misslyssx
    misslyssx Posts: 87
    Options
    Someone gave me this website www.tunathewonderfish.com
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    How quick are we talking? Lol.

If you're in need of a quick dinner for more than one, I'm making tuna pot pie tonight.
    Chunk Light Tuna, 12 oz drained
    Mixed Vegetables Frozen, 1.25 Cup
    Low Sodium Cream of Mushroom , 1 can
    Mexican Four Cheese With A Touch of Philadelphia, 1/2 cup
    All Purpose Flour, 2 cup
    Crisco - All-Vegetable Shortening, 2 Tablespoon
    Egg Whites, 0.31 cup

Servings: 4
    Calories per serving: 462

For the dough: In a large bowl, sift together the 2-cups all purpose flour with a pinch of salt. Stir in the .31 cups egg whites and 2 tbsp vegetable shortening. Add in the 3.5 tbsp cold tap water and move the dough mixture around with a fork until its moistened. Use your hands and form it into a large ball.

Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and roll out your dough until its an 1/8" thick. Press about half into pie pan. Roll out other half for covering.

For the pie: Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F. Add the tuna and frozen vegetables into sauce pan over medium heat, stirring often until the vegetables are heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the cream of mushroom soup. Pour the tuna mixture into a 9 inch pie dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
    3. Pinch dough onto top of pie. Poke small air halls with fork into top. Bake 11 to 13 minutes. Let the pie sit for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.

Of course, feel free to use pre-packaged dough to make this even easy and quicker! I am a big baker, though, so I like to make things from scratch (plus, it's easier to control sodium levels).
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I food process a celery stick and some onions. Mix that with the tuna and some olive oil mayo and eat it over lettuce.