New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• patrikc333
    patrikc333 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    amazing - super good
    2lgihio7yo6d.jpg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    amazing - super good
    2lgihio7yo6d.jpg
    ooooo this looks good
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    these are reallly goood

poppers_cinnamon_1260bf15303d9af23d9748716332a55e.png
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Just tried these this morning. Big Thumbs up. Also have white chocolate flavor and buckwheat. Picked this up at Vitamin Shoppe. Going back to buy other flavors today.
    3dbt9kbf520l.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    these are reallly goood

poppers_cinnamon_1260bf15303d9af23d9748716332a55e.png

Not gonna lie, I was tempted. Maybe if it goes on sale.
    patrikc333 wrote: »
    amazing - super good
    2lgihio7yo6d.jpg

I actually haven't seen those!
    Just tried these this morning. Big Thumbs up. Also have white chocolate flavor and buckwheat. Picked this up at Vitamin Shoppe. Going back to buy other flavors today.
    3dbt9kbf520l.jpg

Interesting. How does it compare to Kodiak power cakes?

I bought these yesterday as they were on sale at $1 each

Stonyfield-Petite-Cr%C3%A8me.jpg

They're pretty good. Definitely much better than that Quark stuff, and pretty creamy. Not as sour as Greek yogurt. 10g of protein isn't bad either. I'll buy again (on sale).

And this

40196-xtreme-nutty-caramel-cone-530x290.ashx?mw=530

Copying my review from the ice cream group.

Meh. Lots of mix ins obviously but they are too overwhelming so you barely taste the base (ok maybe because I picked a spoonfull full of mix ins to try it out). But too much nut flavor and not enough caramel flavor. Will still eat it (160 calories for 71g isn't bad), but it definitely doesn't have any 'wow this is delicious' factor. I think I prefer Edy's drumstick flavor (but I couldn't find that one yesterday).
  • iammelli
    iammelli Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Naked fruit and nuts nibbles, salted caramel and toffee are amazing wheat dairy and gluten free and 130 cals
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    @Francl27 I never had Kodiak cakes. But I love strawberry. I actually could have used less syrup with them.
    Love the ice cream. I will be looking for that.
  • Francl27
    Options
    @Francl27 I never had Kodiak cakes. But I love strawberry. I actually could have used less syrup with them.
    Love the ice cream. I will be looking for that.

I'll have to compare cost. They look pretty interesting though!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Phin-and-Phebes-Ice-Cream_11.jpg

New to me. Great, true ginger base (almost spicy). I wish there had been more cookie chunks though.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

New to me. Great, true ginger base (almost spicy). I wish there had been more cookie chunks though.
    That looks amazing and there is a store in town that sells it! I have a feeling that I'm going to be making the trek across town to try this out :)
  • Francl27
    Options

I tried their keylime pie and I didn't like it. I think it's more that I'm not overly fond of the flavor in the first place though... the base was definitely very strong.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I've seen this flavor and have really wanted to try it.

Those pretzel poppers sound pretty good. I'm tempted to try the protein pancakes if they aren't too expensive and I'm not too lazy to heat them up.

• Apud85
    Apud85 Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The peach-pear La Croix is great as a mixer with white wine. Lightens up the wine, cuts the sweetness of a sweet white, makes it a little bubbly.

I recently bought Skinny Girl Lime and Salt microwave popcorn. 160 calories for the whole bag (smaller than a traditional bag of micro popcorn, but felt like a good amount to me). I really liked it, but I am also obsessed with lime flavor (Lime Wheat Thins, anyone???). I believe this also comes in a butter and sea salt flavor.

Awesome tip! Thank you! I love La Croix, not super into the peach-pear, but I bet I would like it with some white wine added in. Also love lime flavor, especially Lime Tostitos.
  • Francl27
    Options
    So 3 days before brownie batter oreos hit the shelves. And Impulsive Buy rated them 8/10.

Cannot wait.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Uncured bacon ganache bar from Trader Joes. Not so bacony. Thumbs down.
    mybbl1xkrm2r.jpg

The reviews I've read said you either love it or hate it, lol. I'm not even trying, but bacon with sweets is not my thing.

Also got to buy that pickle popcorn for my husband, lol.

I did try this, didn't love it. The bacon was almost like a filling, smooth, not pieces. I once got chocolate covered bacon from some place I saw on a Food Network special and that was tons better.

Can't find the Trader Joe Brownie Crisps. I searched high and low when I went a few days ago. I see them on Amazon, but three packs is $18 :neutral:

I did try the Quark cheese and I'm a fan now. I even bought flavors I wouldn't expect to enjoy like the Chocolate Mint. I started with three, went out today and got a bunch more. Have tried the Blueberry, STrawberry and Chocolate Mint, also picked up the Red Velvet, Lemon, caramel and plain. I'd love to find the peach. I did add a teaspoon of dark chocolate chips to the blueberry, made it even more yummy.

Great news about the Brownie Batter oreos. I'll be stalking the grocery stores on Monday. :smiley:

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    The reviewer suggests eating the cookie topless.

I'm just gonna put that there. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    The perfect time to run low on cookies :#
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,642 Member
    Options
    I did try the Quark cheese and I'm a fan now. I even bought flavors I wouldn't expect to enjoy like the Chocolate Mint. I started with three, went out today and got a bunch more. Have tried the Blueberry, STrawberry and Chocolate Mint, also picked up the Red Velvet, Lemon, caramel and plain. I'd love to find the peach. I did add a teaspoon of dark chocolate chips to the blueberry, made it even more yummy.

I had a Danon greek yogurt with me for part of my lunch but since I was doing the Target walk of obsessiveness, I picked up the salted caramel quark. I'm not huge on salted caramel anything but bypassed the plain (no mix ins with me), lemon (the bad review on here), and blueberry (I'm not huge on blueberry flavored stuff either). I really liked the strawberry when I had it but the salted caramel tasted like there was liquor in there or something! :)

So strawberry or plain from now on, it is.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Sea-Salt-Caramel-Pint-500x653.png

Tried this. It was good but I thought it was very rich, I may do a half serving next time.

Love, love Talenti!

I will definitely be trying other flavors :) And it makes the price tag a little better when I consider I could be satisfied with less of it at once.

I buy it on sale honestly. Target has it at 2 for $7 right now and Shop Rite often has it for $2.88 if you have one around.

Some flavors are not great though (I think most people agree that oatmeal cookie and chocolate chip cookie dough are mediocre, the rest depends on your tastes).

I haven't noticed any of my local stores offering Talenti on sale for months. It's so weird. I am miffed that I still cannot find the Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake. Still at the same time I don't need anymore ice cream since I am packed to the brims again.

Tonight I tried the Chobani Strawberry Summer Crisp Flip & to be honest I was underwhelmed. The yogurt tasted so generic & the only redeeming thing about the flip was the mix-ins.

On the Impulsive Buy they posted this in Germany for anyone living abroad.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/08/07/spotted-on-shelves-in-germany-lindt-spaghetti-eis-bar/#comments

Seems like a bizarre yet intriguing food item.

This site also reviewed the Brownie Batter Oreos but didn't list where they bought them, so I am assuming they were given to them to review for free.

http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2015/08/07/review-limited-edition-brownie-batter-oreo-cookies/#comments