Like Minded Lushes June 2011

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    No drinks all month!!!

Couldn't resist...happy june all and bump!

Ha, ha...very funny!!!
  • canela023
    canela023 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok well I guess I can admint I haven't drank anything yet this month either. I'm so proud of myself!! This is exactly the post I have been waiting for to help me keep on track!!! Thanks everyone!! :happy:

Oh, wait, I forgot today is only the 1st of the month!! Oh well, guess I'm not as good as I thought!! :drinker:
    :bigsmile:
  • ATXJudie
    ATXJudie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    No drinks all month!!!

Couldn't resist...happy june all and bump!

Haha. Awesome.

And Tues: 0!! Hooray!
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    I DID drink, but not that much... :drinker:

Tuesday - 4.5 Miller Lites

Thinking of trying to go back to the Budweiser 55's, but they (And MGD 64) give me heartburn. Maybe I should change to wine... Any former beer drinkers that have switched to wine?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Gonna try the Fresca thing!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I definitely do this each week!
  • suzksell
    suzksell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    At first I thought it would be a bad idea for me to post here. Glad to see there's no judgment going on. I used to sell wine professionally, and still like to have at least one glass per night. Then, there are cocktail nights (a throwback to college days when I was a bartender).

When I first joined MFP, I imbibed occasionally, and I always logged my drinks. I still lost weight because I was careful to stay within my calories. If I knew it was a night when the bestie and I were going to get together for a few drinks, I would exercise more to allow myself an extra drink or two. But now, I have been an a 9 week plateau. It's KILLING me. I'm trying not to get discouraged. So, my new goal is to go a week without a single alcoholic beverage and see if that jumpstarts my weight loss again. It's worth a shot.

BTW...I am a high school English teacher and school administrator. It's exam week. I picked the wrong week to go cold turkey. :sad:
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    No drinks for me at all for a while. Trying to quit smoking and the medicine prescribed by my doctor has scary side effects when mixed with alcohol. No thanks! Hope everyone else is doing well. Hoping a side effect of not drinking is seeing the pounds drop off!
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The no alcohol thing is killing me. :sad:

For me a nice bottle of red, all to myself, every Friday and Saturday night was the norm. Now, I buy those little mini bottles of wine and have one of those, although not every weekend, maybe once a month only. I get the mini bottles, because I really can't stop at just one glass, and I over pour, and then, well, you know if there's wine, I gotta have cheese, and so on.

So, one mini bottle of red, with one mini babybel light for me, maybe once a month.:cry:

BUT, my waistline is thanking me.:smile:

Oh, and I'm SO gonna try that Fresca thing, as soon as the weather warms up here.:happy:
  • nichole1027
    nichole1027 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I DID drink, but not that much... :drinker:

Tuesday - 4.5 Miller Lites

Thinking of trying to go back to the Budweiser 55's, but they (And MGD 64) give me heartburn. Maybe I should change to wine... Any former beer drinkers that have switched to wine?

I tried switching to Bud 55's and figured out after a few weeks that I was drinking twice as many as I usually did to get a buzz. Looked into the alcohol content of the Budd 55's and it's like 2% or something crazy like that!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    The Lushes thread lives! I am so proud! :drinker:
    Yep, I have to carry on Dave. YOu are always welcome here.
  • redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking on this board for awhile now but haven't posted. I've been trying to lose weight before summer vacation in 3 weeks. The easiest way for me to cut calories is to reduce my wine consumption. I love my wine at night. In fact it is practically part of my cooking routine. Cook, drink, eat, drink, relax, drink a bit more. So I am posting here in an attempt to fell more motivation to cut back nightly wine tasting. Congrats to all those who are posting 0's!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies and YAY for the June thread!
    I've got about 2 1/2 weeks before my vacay and I'm going to *try* to abstain from alcohol. At the very least keep away from it during the week. I've definitely hit a plateau and I would like to drop at least 5 more lbs before we leave.
    But I guess I'll start tonight cuz last night I had 2 glasses of wine. :ohwell:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    It's June yay, which means I've officially survived my no alcohol May. Which I did stick to apart from deciding to allow myself 1 cheat night when I had 3 beers. Have decided to wait until Friday night before I indulge though, if I can survive my daughter being suspended from school and being diagnosed as dyslexic without alcohol I can survive a bit longer. Although today has been a cracker as I was called out of work as my mum had a fall whilst out with my daughter and was brought into the hospital where I work by ambulance. Very scary waiting for the ambulance to arrive as I was thinking the worst as I had spoken to my daughter on her mobile and she was really upset and worried and made it sound worse than it turned out to be. Luckily my mum is back home with no lasting damage apart from some stitches in her lip.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Yvonne you've had an amazing month...congrats to you!!
    You're definitely stronger than I could have been. Teenage daughters are enough to drive anyone to drink.
    Glad your mom is ok.
    Well done!!
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Well done Yvonne.

Here's to another month :drinker:
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Bump! Miss u guys!
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of new lushes this month! Speaking of teenage daughters... Have you guys heard that country song, I think its by Martina McBride? Love that song... it so perfectly describes teenage daughters "and if were being honest, then honestly, I think I need a drink". That part always makes me smile:smile:

I too have not had a drink yet this month but I ended May with a bang! I think I had 4 or 5 tall vodka/soda with lime last night and a shot of whiskey to wash 'em down:drinker: I wonder how far I can make it into June without a drink:tongue:

I'm almost down to the 150's so I'm gonna try real hard to abstain to make it there by next week... wish me luck:wink:
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

I've got a date night with my hubby tomorrow night, it will no doubt involve a drink or 8 as we're going to see a band, after that's over with I'm going to aim for no drinks for the rest of the month. I've drank every weekend this year and feel it definitely contributes to me weight plateuing. There's no way I'll manage but if I try I might manage to have a bit less than usual ;)

Just noticed my profile pic - lush indeed ;)
  • geeberann
    geeberann Posts: 11
    Options
    Wednesday - 0

Not too bad. I read a lot of people imbibe on the wkends. I usually imbibe during the wk. Which is stupid b/c my exercise classes are during the wk also. Brother.

For those who have not imbibed in a while, I'm very impressed & motivated. Unfortunately by beverage of choice is getting expensive.

Thanks all.