Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    K2KRAKY wrote: »
    . One question though - where do I find the yellow star to click on?

The yellow star is up at the very top of the page, on the right. That will bookmark the page, and make it easier to find.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Off to a great start today - 30 minutes on the ellipitical. I am going to try this everyday, and see if this will change my motivation/commitment!

So just for today, Thursday, 8/13
    1. Log all my food
    2. concentrate on more water
    3. 30 minutes every morning on ellipitical. If I can get a walk in towards evening, that will be a bonus! But at least this way I know I have my 30 minutes in.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Success is a staircase, not a doorway.” ~Dottie Walters

Just for today ---- lets all:

Eat to Live, Not Live to eat! We can do this! One step at a time, one day at a time!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I just had a follow-up appointment with my Oncologist and got the "all clear". They changed my schedule to only coming every six months now, so that's exciting and scary at the same time!

So....JFT, I will:
    • Be grateful for another day, for still being in remission, and not sweat the small stuff
    • Log my food faithfully
    • Make healthy choices
    • Get in some sort of activity

Have a fantastic day everyone! :smiley:

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

@joan6630 Thank you! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did log every bite faithfully, even though I didn't like what I saw! It did motivate me to go downstairs and get some yoga and aerobic exercise in, however, so that was a first! My hope is to eventually wake up earlier in the morning and get my exercise in before work but I think I need to move my snooze button to the other end of the house first...

Thursday, 8/13 - Just for today:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Work at drinking ten 8-oz glasses of water
    3. 30 minutes of activity
    4. Pack tomorrow's lunch tonight!
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I completed all of my goals.
    8/12
    1. Log my calories (yes)
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water (yes)
    3. Not use computer too much (possible tendinitis) (only necessary work)
    4. Try to sleep by 11 pm (yes)

8/13
    5. Get out of bed by 7 am (no)
    6. Post goals in the am (no)

8/13
    1. Log calories
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Get through what I need to do with patience. (lots of deep breaths)
    4. Try to sleep by 12

8/14
    1. Out of bed at 8
    2. Post goals in the am
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    68myra wrote: »
    Hi vicky. I just now scrolled through old posts and noticed you lost your dad while I was away. Hugs to you. I lost mine three years ago, and I was a total daddy's girl! :-) I don't know anything about your situation or if it was expected, etc. But I can attest to the fact that grief doesn't care about any of that. give yourself a healthy way to grieve. I didn't, and it eventually brought me to MFP. (I am happy to be here though)
    (((Vicky)))

Thanks so much Myra. Dad was sick for about 10 weeks before he passed away. It was a very hard time for him and my brother, sister and myself. But we cared for him admirably I thought and gave him the best care and love we could.

Now we are trying to clean out his house that he lived in for 60 years. He also had 5 rental houses that have to be dealt with. We are getting there slowly but surely.

As you know this is difficult but I do have the loving support of my siblings. It is an amazing tribute to my parents how well we are agreeing on everything. I really appreciate that because I know how rare that is.

I have maintained my weight thru it all. Miracle!!!

a wonderful miracle, indeed! :)

It's great to hear about you and your siblings... and even better that you recognize how rare it is..... my mother tells us (me and two older sisters) stories of her friends' families ..... it is unbelievable how badly some families tear each other apart.... at such a highly stressful time to begin with. Hats off to you, your siblings AND your parents!
  • 68myra
    Options
    Thank you 68myra! It is HUGE! We are all so happy! I just wish I would have learned not to sweat the small stuff at a much younger age. :wink:

AMEN, sister! :) same boat here!
  • 68myra
    Options
    just for tonight,
    I'm going to drink water every time i get the "munchies"
    I'm going to go to bed early
    i'm going to prepare my breakfast before bed (i have a very early morning errand)

keep the faith everyone, and have a fantastic, healthy weekend!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    K2KRAKY wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to this site. I really like the way it logs food and was able to connect with the Fitbit app. Everyone says My Fitness Pal is better to log my food so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm finding leaving it running in the background while at work helps to make me enter my foods. I like this page because you have very small daily goals rather than the big one I used to make and then fall off the wagon because getting there was very daunting. One question though - where do I find the yellow star to click on?

Type <colon>star<colon> <colon> is : When you type the colon followed by a letter, you will get other options to click on for heart etc :heart:
    :star:
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    :star: Be gentle, kind and patient, to yourself as well as to others. :star:

JFT Thursday 13/08
    1. Celebrate how far I have come since the beginning of 2015. :smiley:
    2. Focus on the positives in life. :)
    3. Pre-plan today's menus; stick to the plan. :)
    4. Continue with my exercise plan. :)
    5. Shop for hat and shoes. :neutral: Ran out of time.

Have a great day :heart:

JFT Friday 14/08
    1. Work on prep for wedding flowers.
    2. Pre-plan today's menus :) I did this last night before bedtime; stick to plan.
    3. Continue exercise plan. I have some knee pain at the moment so cutting steps to 5,000 for a few days.
    4. Shop for accessories for wedding outfit.
    5. Organise tools for flower arranging on Monday morning.
    6. Meditate

:heart: Dare to be your authentic self. :heart:

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    WellingTX wrote: »

For today, I will stay under my calorie goal for the fourth day in a row and won't over indulge in any single food.
    For today, I will remind myself of the reasons I'm getting healthier. Have my annual physical today.
    For today, I will complete my beginning of the day work to - do list
    For today, I will start a list of things I'm grateful for in my life[/quote]

Missed a few yesterday but some solid spots.

Was under my calorie goal, four days in a row. No overindulging.
    Walked 2.5 miles at a 17:09 pace. 43 minutes total.
    Went through my reasons for getting healthy. Great annual physical but a reminder of how far I have to go.
    Became derailed and after a strong start didn't finish my to - do list. Not going commit to this one anytime soon
    Didn't make the time to start my grateful list.

For today I will stay under my calorie goal for the fifth day in a row and won't over indulge in any single food.
    For today I will work out for 80 minutes
    For today I will remind myself of the reasons I'm getting healthier
    For today I will start my list of things I'm grateful for in my life
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to my weekend off.
    Just have to make it through today.
    JFT
    1. Stay within alloted calories.
    2. Ride bike 20 min.
    3. Drink 10 glasses of water.
    4. Peaceful thoughts, stress at work is exhausting !

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Really missed the group! The summer schedule (or lack of) has taken it's toll.
    JFT
    I will track everything.
    Make healthy choices.
    Drink 9 cups of water.
    Pilates.
    Visit our new puppy!!
    Mow the lawn, trim hedges & clean main floor - this will count as a workout.
    Journal.
    Go to bed early.

I hope everyone has a great day. Remember to put yourself on the list!
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited August 2015
    Options
    JFT Friday 14/08
    1. Work on prep for wedding flowers. :)
    2. Pre-plan today's menus :) I did this last night before bedtime; stick to plan. :)
    3. Continue exercise plan. I have some knee pain at the moment so cutting steps to 5,000 for a few days. :)
    4. Shop for accessories for wedding outfit. :/
    5. Organise tools for flower arranging on Monday morning. :)
    6. Meditate :)

:heart: Dare to be your authentic self. :heart:

The wedding cake arrived last night. Only three days to go lol

JFT Saturday 15/08
    1. Pre-plan menus; stick to plan
    2. Continue exercise plan; 5,000 + steps
    3. Plan for Monday/Tuesday
    4. Focus on relaxing

Have a great Saturday :)

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I'm sick right now but I plan on TRYING to do some weights. Maybe even the elliptical. We shall see.
  • WellingTX
    Options
    [/quote]

For today I will stay under my calorie goal for the fifth day in a row and won't over indulge in any single food.
    For today I will work out for 80 minutes
    For today I will remind myself of the reasons I'm getting healthier
    For today I will start my list of things I'm grateful for in my life[/quote]

Good day yesterday.

Under my calorie goal, five days in a row. Minor run in with chocolate pretzels but was still within my plan.
    Worked out for 83 minute including a 2.5 mile walk at 17:26 mile pace. Tough going.
    Went through the list of reasons I'm getting healthier.
    Started my list of things I'm grateful for. Great exercise to set things in perspective for me.

For today, I will stay under my calorie goal for the sixth day in a row and won't over indulge in any single food.
    For today, I will work out for 80 minutes. Will do my am workout without music or TV. Focus on the actions.
    For today, I will remind myself of the reasons I'm getting healthier.
    For today, I will read over my grateful list from yesterday and continue to add
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    8/15

I already got up early for my class and for the workout out of the way.

Here's what I'll do during the rest of the day.

1. Log my calories
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water
    3. Pace myself with outdoor work
    4. Have a sense of humor but be direct when communicating something that bothers me

8/16
    1.Post goals
    2. Make a to-do list
  • eileenmprice193
    eileenmprice193 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Way off track the past few days. Today I will stay within my calorie limit. No late night junk food indulgences.
  • WellingTX
    Options
    [/quote]

For today, I will stay under my calorie goal for the sixth day in a row and won't over indulge in any single food.
    For today, I will work out for 80 minutes. Will do my am workout without music or TV. Focus on the actions.
    For today, I will remind myself of the reasons I'm getting healthier.
    For today, I will read over my grateful list from yesterday and continue to add[/quote]

Well, that could have gone better. Solid day until I decided it was too hot to work out later in the day so I sat on the couch and snacked my way to 50% over my calorie goal.

Did work out for 41 minutes, mindful with no TV or music. Very beneficial.
    Did remind myself of the reasons I'm getting healthier in the morning. Didn't in the evening.
    Continued to review and add to my grateful list.

For today, I will get back on track. New day. I will stay under my calorie goal and won't over indulge in any single food.
    For today, I will work out for 80 minutes. Will flip my workouts and walk in the morning.
    For today, I will reduce my couch time. Plenty of things to do to keep me occupied.
    For today, I will remind myself of why I'm getting healthier. Morning and afternoon.
    I will continue to add to my grateful list.