What does your work out schedule look like?

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday, Friday: walk 10,000 steps, swim 1.25 miles, water aerobics class. One long walk in the morning, pool time is late afternoon

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: walk 15,000 steps (approx 7 miles). often I do one long walk in the morning and one shorter walk in the afternoon unless my hiking club has a hike scheduled that I want to go on (Tuesday night and Saturday), then I adjust my neighborhood walks accordingly.

Sunday: rest if I need it, otherwise I walk but I don't have a specific goal. hiking club schedules hikes on Sundays too so I may or may not go on one.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Sunday-Thursday 15k steps a day at work, cleaning, bending, lifting, walking while wearing a plastic jumpsuit, face mask and shield double pair of gloves and shoe covers. Linda like my own portable sauna....
    Sunday Tuesday and Thursday martial arts (aikido) class from 7-9 PM.
    Friday Saturday 2-3 hours trimming hooves and/or horseback riding.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I work out with a trainer two days per week. On Saturdays I take a "Burn" class (think aerobics class on triple steroids) with a gym trainer. Another day each week, I take a "Strength" class with a gym trainer that uses dumbbells and kettle bells to strengthen and tone. During the week, I try to walk 3 miles on 5-6 days. Except for Saturday, the other activities rotate depending on when my training sessions are.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've done a lot of different things... Beachbody programs and walking on off days mostly. Or walking/running with weights every other day. I typically don't take rest days unless my legs are really starting to hurt (like today) because I need the break (I'm a SAHM and an introvert, so I need some 'me' time and I'd rather go for a walk than go shopping).

Lately I've been going to the gym pretty much every day walking at an incline for an hour (pretty steep one day, then less steep the next to rest my legs some) and doing weights at home 3x a week. When the kids go back to school I'll probably start Les Mills Combat again (on DVD at home) and walk or bike (stationary bike) on days off, like I did last year. Sometimes I walk an extra 3 miles during the day too once it starts being nice outside and the kids are at school.

The key is to find a schedule that's doable for you long term.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Monday - 5K AM/weight room PM
    Tuesday - cycle (climbing/hill work)
    Wednesday cycle AM (flats - easy pace)/weight room PM
    Thursday - cycle (race tempo flats)
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - cycle to gym and lift and cycle home
    Sunday - long ride and/or group ride

It's not set in stone though...you have to be flexible...like my ride tomorrow is going to be a family ride to the zoo which is 15 miles each way...so I get in some miles and get to spend some time with my family walking around the zoo...but this rather than a dedicated training ride.

Sometimes I swap rest days...sometimes I take more than one rest day...you have to be flexible.

I would encourage you to set some fitness goals that are independent of weight management, etc and allow those goals to dictate your fitness regimen.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Monday - 5k (treadmill) - bosu ball squats - 2 hours doubles tennis (team practice)
    Tuesday - Weights (squat rack and over head press) bosu ball squats - 2 hours doubles tennis (club night)
    Wednesday 5k (treadmill) - bosu ball squats / russian twists
    Thursday - 2 hours tennis doubles and singles
    Friday - rest
    Saturday 5k treadmill - bosu ball squats.
    Sunday - Weights (squat rack and over head press) bosu ball squats

This month I'm doing and plank and push up challenge - on day 14 at present (2 minute 20 second plank - which by the end of the month should be 5 minutes).

Currently half way through the couch to 10k programme.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Run three days a week and sign up for a run every couple months. Yoga Friday after work. A power (group lifting) or Zumba class sometimes midweek. Hubby and I often take a walk to our Tim Horton's on the weekend (forty minute round trip). There are stretches I'm supposed to do daily but I've let that slide.
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Mon- chest
    Tue- arms
    Wed- shoulders/abs
    Thurs- off
    Fri- back
    Sat- legs/abs

Heavy compound movements
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Sunday: Long Run (11-16 miles)
    Monday: rest or upper body workout
    Tuesday AM: tempo run or easy run. (6-8 miles)
    Tuesday PM: weightlifting 1.5 hours with coach.
    Wednesday AM: easy run or tempo run (depending on what run I did Tuesday. 6-8 miles)
    Thursday AM: weightlifting 1.5 hours on my own.
    Thursday PM: easy run (4-6 miles)
    Friday AM: speedwork or easy run (7-9 miles)
    Saturday AM: weightlifting 1.5 hours with a coach.
    Saturday afternoon: easy run (4-6 miles)

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Monday-Upper body, heavy/power
    Tuesday-Lower body, heavy/power
    Wednesday-Rest
    Thursday-Upper body hypertrophy
    Friday-Lower body hypertrophy
    Sat-Rest
    Sunday-Rest

I haven't done cardio in about 4 months. All strength training workouts between 1-2hours
  • kelieghjane
    kelieghjane Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Myn is
    Tues- spinning
    Wed- body pump
    Fri- spinning
    I try to include some walking in the week and also do the insanity DVD on a sun at home

I love group exercise classes and would do them more if I could xx
  • hunniebunn
    hunniebunn Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Try to run 3 days a week.
    Do 2 hours of Muay Thai 3-4 days a week, with 2.5hr personals afterwards 2x week.
    Baseball doubleheaders on Wednesday.
    And I'm a nurse so all the walking in 12hrs from patient to patient ;)
  • ear1011
    ear1011 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Monday: T25 and jiu jitsu
    Tuesday: run and lift
    Wednesday: same as Monday
    Thursday and Friday same as Tuesday but different muscles
  • jenrunsinTX
    jenrunsinTX Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I run every day but Wednesday, anywhere from 4 to 13 miles. Tuesdays are speed work days and Saturday and Sunday are usually long runs. Then 1-2 days of strength training
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Rest
    Monday - SL5X5, Run, Pole
    Tuesday - Home workout (JM, BB, Yoga, Challenge, Pole), run
    Wednesday - SL5X5, home workout
    Thursday - Home workout
    Friday - Home workout, SL5X5
    Saturday - Home workout

I work 10 hour days W-Sat, so those days tend to be lighter.
  • Cait_G
    Cait_G Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Running
    Monday - Strike class (cardio with kicks, punches, blocks, etc)
    Tuesday - Barbell Strength class (full body)
    Wednesday - Running
    Thursday - Barbell Strength
    Friday - Warrior Sculpt (fast paced hot yoga)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Monday: BodyStep, BodyPump
    Tuesday: BodyPump, BodyAttack
    Saturday: BodyCombat, BodyPump, used to do BodyAttack/BodyStep last but that got canceled

Other workouts I do once every two weeks/once a month - running, elliptical
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I walk 3 miles in the morning. I don't go to a gym. I'm working up to jogging again.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Currently I'm doing:

Monday - Boot Camp
    Tuesday - Kickboxing
    Wednesday - Trainer & Boot Camp
    Thursday - Kickboxing
    Friday - I've been slacking I need to add a gym day back in here
    Saturday - Hiking
    Sunday - Hiking

I really need to add in some more time at the gym. Just hard to fit everything in and still have time for other things. I don't do enough cardio or strength training. I need to get back to doing some yoga because I'm not flexible at all. I should be doing my pilates class too because I need the core work. When my son was working nights it was a lot easier to spend 2 or 3 hours at the gym a day but now that he's home I slack off and go home and make dinner in the evenings.