Sugary drinks are my life

Options
How do I have coffee...without having coffee?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Chocolate-covered espresso beans.
  • soapsandropes
    soapsandropes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You have coffee, but without added sugar. Sounds trite but based on the subject what you are drinking now is not coffee, it is a sugary drink with coffee added to it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    black, drink it black. or use stevia
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Drink your coffee. Use sugar and count the calories. Or use a sugar free sweetener.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Drink your coffee. Use sugar and count the calories. Or use a sugar free sweetener.

This. If you want it, fit it into your calories.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Maybe try cutting down on your sugar? Or switch to a sugar-free option. I have one Splenda and two cream in my coffee (I won't give up my half and half! lol so I fit it in).
  • itsafatrose
    itsafatrose Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk, it's sweet and lower cal than milk + sugar
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Find a sweeter coffee blend and drink it black? Some chocolate flavored coffees taste almost like a dessert.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    You can gradually taper down the amount of sugar you put in your coffee. I have more than halved the sugar I put in tea and don't miss it. Also, I need less sugar for black tea than I did for coffee, and even less for green tea.

I brew coffee and chill it for my peanut butter banana smoothies and since the bananas (and PB) have sugar, don't need to add sugar. I actually use half coffee and half Teeccino, an herbal coffee substitute.
  • rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying. Personally, I hate the taste of coffee on it's own. I do really love a sugary, syrup-flavored cup of milk with a little coffee/espresso thrown in. ;) There are some skinny coffee recipes that I've found online that were pretty good. For the most part, it's just something I've cut out because it's no longer worth the calories (or effort to make a lower cal version). I like my tea in the mornings. Also, +1 to the poster who suggested chocolate-covered espresso beans.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Find a sweeter coffee blend and drink it black? Some chocolate flavored coffees taste almost like a dessert.

yes they do *sips caramel brownie coffee*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    You can drink coffee. Just either reduce the amount of sugar you use. Like anything else TOO MUCH sugar is the problem.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • itsMcKay
    itsMcKay Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just use Splenda or Stevia or whatever alternative sweetener you like. Eventually, your palette will realize you don't have to douse things in high-fructose corn syrup to taste them.

My coffee is a homemade Americano with a packet of Splenda and tsp. of coconut oil. Good and pretty good for me.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    I like black coffee, but I tend to find most of Starbuck's roasts to be very bitter to drink that way (they have to be used in those sugary blends). I've found their blonde roast to be pretty good for drinking black or with just a little stevia or splenda.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    abatonfan wrote: »

yes they do *sips caramel brownie coffee*

I'm currently making half Newman's Cafe Almond Biscotti and half Chocolate Teecchino, nom nom nom.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every day. Usually 3-5 cups with creamer. I make it fit.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    How do I have coffee...without having coffee?
    I just drink coffee with nothing - BLACK! I learned to like it.
    In time your tastes change. The same goes for food in general. Every recipe I had was loaded with salt, sugar and fat...JUST LIKE MOMMY MADE IT!
    When I first tasted food unsaturated with garbage, it tasted funny, and then I realized what that funny taste was.

It was the food...lol

• birdstudios
    birdstudios Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Almond milk + Stevia drops.
  • liv_namaste
    liv_namaste Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I really would agree with the folks who say change nothing! Now if you're getting a sugary Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts every morning and it is killing you because of the 600 calories extra every day that's different. Try sticking with iced or regular coffee, a touch of cream and sugar. I think you'd be surprised how many less calories you're drinking compared to those sugary powerhouses of evil (frapuccinos, mochas etc...) PLUS keeping a little sweet in your routine will feel less like depriving yourself and more like treating yourself. I think you'll be able to maintain it easier than cutting back to just black coffee.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is the only real way to drink it anyway. :)