5'3 and shorter that need to or have lost 30+ lbs

Options

Replies

• Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Over here!!! I am 5'3, was 192 when I had my daughter (8 months) and now im in the 160s :( need to lose about 35lbs!!!
  • Katie_Y89
    Katie_Y89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Anyone please feel free to add me!!
  • LieliWhite
    LieliWhite Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and was 175lbs. Im now 151lbs and need to lose another 15+lbs. looking for people in the same boat as me. I'm very active and log daily!
  • HaoKaren
    HaoKaren Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and now at my highest weight ever, 172 lbs. somehow since the last 5 years I've gained 10lbs each year and got to this point. I grew up being fat and got made fun of all my life. When I was in college all my friends got into that cocktail diet pills thing and I got to my lowest ever, 100lbs. I remember my confidence was still super low tho. It's weird how even now I remember specifically how happy I was when I lost the weight but somehow I allowed myself go from a healthy 120 to now 172. I've only been doing MFP for a month but I haven't lost a single lbs. please add me! I need major encouragement and help!!! Thank u!!!
  • twpushie
    twpushie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'3 in tall and I have 50 lbs to lose. My starting weight is 177 lbs. I hold most of my weight in my mid section, seeing it in other places now. I'm a 46 year old female.i have been active my whole childhood and worked out on and off my whole life. Haven't done anything in the past 2 years. Now I think I have a gluten intolerance. Need to seriously change my diet. Can't believe by logging my food the amount of fat I eat. Need new ideas for food. Stuck in a rut with the same old things.
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    HaoKaren wrote: »
    I'm 5'1 and now at my highest weight ever, 172 lbs. somehow since the last 5 years I've gained 10lbs each year and got to this point. I grew up being fat and got made fun of all my life. When I was in college all my friends got into that cocktail diet pills thing and I got to my lowest ever, 100lbs. I remember my confidence was still super low tho. It's weird how even now I remember specifically how happy I was when I lost the weight but somehow I allowed myself go from a healthy 120 to now 172. I've only been doing MFP for a month but I haven't lost a single lbs. please add me! I need major encouragement and help!!! Thank u!!!

You can do it! Don't give up!! :-)
  • ejb06070
    ejb06070 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

@ejb06070

I love this! Congratulations on your 51.6 lbs! Your perspective is awesome! I find it's super important to celebrate the victories along the way (scale related or not) to the ultimate goal. Your paint by number is going to be beautiful for so many reason!

Now at 54.2 lbs down :smiley: Little things, like my 150 lb. mom being convinced that her bathing suit would have no problems fitting my 215 lb. frame, really help me stay motivated. I took her down to her ex-husband's sisters yesterday for a family reunion and the whole time she was trying to convince me that I should go swimming because she had a spare suit in the car! I didn't want to come right out and tell her that I'm nearly 70 lbs heavier than she is and there is no way in heck my butt was shimming into that, so I just told her I was cold.. in 80 degree weather... yep I am the worst liar ever!

• dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and have lost 34lbs with about 40lbs left. I'm trying to lose the weight I gained with two pregnancies. I'm breast feeding so it's really tough for me to lose it. We are an active family and enjoy the outdoors. We hike, cycle, run, walk, backpack, kayak, and lots more. I lift weights three times a week in addition to other activities. I am active every single day for at least 30 minutes. I'm just finding time to log calories again. I'm trying to find the line between over eating, keeping my milk supply consitant, and eating too little. Some days are harder than others! Feel free to add me :)
  • hannah4965
    hannah4965 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'1", and since the end of January/beginning of February 2015, I've lost a total of 57lbs. I use to weigh 218lbs, currently at 161 and have another 20-30 I want to lose. I've almost completely cut out soda and juice from my diet, started with counting calories as well. Eat fast food way less than I use to (was in school/worked full time last year, along with a full time job and a full time internship afterwards, so pretty much all I ate was fast food). I eat healthier and try to limit my sweets. I'm hoping to join the Air Force once I reach weight. The first photo was taken April 4th, the 2nd taken July 8th, and the 3rd was taken August 4th.
    qu1ic782v1gk.jpg
    qnitcadkx1rk.jpg
  • sweetcherae
    sweetcherae Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hannah4965 wrote: »
    I'm 5'1", and since the end of January/beginning of February 2015, I've lost a total of 57lbs. I use to weigh 218lbs, currently at 161 and have another 20-30 I want to lose. I've almost completely cut out soda and juice from my diet, started with counting calories as well. Eat fast food way less than I use to (was in school/worked full time last year, along with a full time job and a full time internship afterwards, so pretty much all I ate was fast food). I eat healthier and try to limit my sweets. I'm hoping to join the Air Force once I reach weight. The first photo was taken April 4th, the 2nd taken July 8th, and the 3rd was taken August 4th.
    qu1ic782v1gk.jpg
    qnitcadkx1rk.jpg
    Wow!!! You look great :-)!!!
  • slowrollem
    slowrollem Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sweetcherae, you look amazing! Great job!
  • siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'0 and I need to lose 30-35 lbs. I started my first journey in 2008 at 193 lbs. I was miserable! I started out slow by logging my food and it was eye opening to say the least. Like many others, I struggle with emotional eating. Portion size and eating healthier foods was difficult at first but once I got it, I did pretty well. I slowly started working out, mostly using the elliptical, and started losing weight. It was working! It wasn't always easy but I lost 50 lbs before getting married in 2011. I look back and remember how much energy I had and how much happier I was! I felt healthy, energetic and confident. I miss that so much! Fast forward 3.5 years later. I've eased back in to some old bad habits - larger portions, fried foods, constant sweets/unhealthy snacking, and eating when I am not even hungry! So here I am (again) ready to reclaim my health and happiness :smiley: . A few weeks ago I started logging everything and consistently working out 4-5 x a week for 30-60 minutes and I am already seeing progress. I know this works, I know I can do it. You can too. Let's motivate each other! Let's do this!

A few things that worked for me on my first journey:
    - Drinking lots and lots of water!
    - Not wasting calories on drinks (push that water!). I do have soda now and again and I love an occasional beer or wine.
    - Get in more veggies!
    - Finding new healthier recipes to make.
    - MFP Community!!!
    - Weighing myself 1-2 x a week while trying not to obsess about it. Check in where I am at and move on.
    - Not fretting about working out every single day. If I'm having an off day, I'll take a walk instead of pushing myself extra hard at the gym. Which leads me to............
    - Listening to my body. Tough at first but what a difference it makes!
    - Allowing myself 1 cheat day a week. Anything goes that one day as long as I stay on track the other 6 days of the week.
    - Setting mini goals. This helps me feel less overwhelmed.
    - Realizing that I'm not going to get it right every day. Life happens! If I can eat clean and just move! 80% of the time, I'm going to do OK!
  • Volcomstar1125
    Volcomstar1125 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 with about 60-70 lbs to lose. some days I get so motivated and others I just feel like giving up. but MFP has helped a lot since I feel accountable lol
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am on MFP daily. I've lost 19 pounds since July 1st, about to hit my first mega goal of twenty pounds.
    I'm 40, hypothyroid, and finally got my medication dailed in. Yippee!
    HT: 62.5" I think it 'sounds' taller in inches
    SW: 170.4
    CW: 151
    GW: 130

Looking forward to connecting with my petite pals!
  • meganisaacson
    meganisaacson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and weigh a little over 200lbs. I just started my journey but this is my second time back to MFP.
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft3 and started at 142 or so and dropped 30 lbs. Am happy with my weight now. I started out just walking, then running, fitness dvds and my hula hoop.
  • Itsonlymeagain
    Itsonlymeagain Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed reading all the shortie success stories here but frankly it only makes me more depressed about my own lack of success. I've never been able to lose weight no matter what. I have none of typical things to cut out of my diet because I never eat fast food, pop, processed meals, etc in the first place. I was raised a home cook and I still am a home cook. I grill or bake meats, eat vegetables and salads, and light on sauces and gravies. My main downfall is french bread and pasta but I don't eat either in crazy amounts. And desserts. I never pass! But it still doesn't explain why I can't splurge and lose. Instead it always just stays no matter what. I speed walk, have had my TSH checked, eat fairly healthy... yet I"m 5'2" and 156 lbs and not loosing a single ounce yet at 1400 calories per day (FitPal recommended).
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I enjoyed reading all the shortie success stories here but frankly it only makes me more depressed about my own lack of success. I've never been able to lose weight no matter what. I have none of typical things to cut out of my diet because I never eat fast food, pop, processed meals, etc in the first place. I was raised a home cook and I still am a home cook. I grill or bake meats, eat vegetables and salads, and light on sauces and gravies. My main downfall is french bread and pasta but I don't eat either in crazy amounts. And desserts. I never pass! But it still doesn't explain why I can't splurge and lose. Instead it always just stays no matter what. I speed walk, have had my TSH checked, eat fairly healthy... yet I"m 5'2" and 156 lbs and not loosing a single ounce yet at 1400 calories per day (FitPal recommended).

@Itsonlymeagain But are you weighing everything to make sure you are only eating 1400 calories a day? If not, you are likely over-estimating what you are eating. Pasta, rice, etc are very small portions. Its ridiculous when I weigh out a very small portion, and the amount of calories it uses up from my day.

Seriously until I started weighing my food, I thought I knew how much I was eating. I was very wrong.

• Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10. current weight is 155 (highest ever). goal weight is 115-120. haven't been there in 3-4 years, when i started gaining, gaining, gaining and not losing! please feel free to add me so we can motivate/support each other
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options

@Itsonlymeagain But are you weighing everything to make sure you are only eating 1400 calories a day? If not, you are likely over-estimating what you are eating. Pasta, rice, etc are very small portions. Its ridiculous when I weigh out a very small portion, and the amount of calories it uses up from my day.

Seriously until I started weighing my food, I thought I knew how much I was eating. I was very wrong.

This!!
    For me too. I really earnestly and totally thought I was doing everything right, and still not losing. Blamed it all on my thyroid. Then I just got hyper-vigilant about using the scale and counting every crumb sip and spec that I ate. (After seeing this video on MFP about the mind blowing reality of what we 'think' we eat and what we 'really' eat) do you guys know the one I'm talking about? They have someone video record what they eat, then written journal, then they scientifically measure the calories they actually ate)
    Weight is coming off now, and I'm optimistic my hyper vigilance with weighing/recording will get less annoying over time. But I do love the results.
    :)