What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I sometimes crave buffalo-chicken pizza and bleu cheese, so I came up with this concotion:

1-2 wedes Laughing Cow Light Blue Cheese
    1 whole wheat pita, sprayed lightly with cooking spray
    3 oz chicken breast, boiled, marinated in 1 Tbls I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and enough hot sauce to coat the chicken
    Red onion, chopped

Spread the pita with cheese, top with chicken and red onion. I believe I cook at it at 350 until the pita is crispy, but I can't recall for sure.

A bit high in sodium, but it sure helps curb my cravings!
  • abcwhite10
    abcwhite10 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I love it on Wasa Rye too but with some red pepper jelly on top for a little treat :)
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Laughing Cow is great but it's still a manufactured food product - meaning that it's filled with lots of weird ingredients that I'm not so sure I want to be putting in my body (at least not in large quantities). Anyhow, I LOVED Laughing Cow but cut out all processed foods. What's a girl to do? Make your own!

Okay, I promise it's not that hard, in fact it's super easy (two ingredients). See below:

Step 1: Mix 16 ounces of plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt with 1/2 tsp salt (or less, if desired). IMPORTANT: Make sure your yogurt doesn't include gelatin or stabilizers - the ingredients should just be milk and active cultures. Chobani brand works extraordinarily well.
    Step 2: Drop mixture into a cheesecloth. Collect the corners of the cheesecloth and hang over a bowl in the fridge so that they whey (watery mixture) can drip out
    Step 3: Allow to sit for 24 hours, or until desired dryness is achieved. It will yield approximately 11 ounces. (And only has 25.5 calories per ounce!)
    Step 4: Enjoy!

This "cheese" (actually called labneh, with origins in the Middle East) has the slight tang of the yogurt, and the texture of goat cheese (SOO much better than those processed wedges!). Personalize to your tastes by adding herbs and spices. Tonight I added dill and a pinch chile verde sea salt and spread it on tomatoes, it works well as a dip for veggies, spread for sandwiches and it also melts beautifully.

Enjoy!
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Love it mixed with eggs and low sodium ham!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am now inspired to be more creative with laughing cow. One thing I do enjoy is speading the bleu cheese variety on either a bagel thin or sandwhich thin with turkey bacon. Makes a nice little snack for only 195 calories.
  • Imsojen
    Imsojen Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yummy bumpness =)
  • lribando
    lribando Posts: 3
    Options
    The new blue cheese flavor LC spread on Crisps Buffalo Wing flavored Pretzel thins
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Oh how I love these cheese wedges!! One of my favorite recipes with Laughing Cow pulled from Hungry Girl

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1251

A great recipe to have on hand when summer is right around the corner!!! :)
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • kathyw731
    kathyw731 Posts: 22
    Options
    Agreed..... can't wait to taste it.:blushing:
  • dcjulian
    dcjulian Posts: 33
    Options
    Chicken breast coated in Whole wheat panko crumbs. Place in a lightly sprayed pan, with "Pam". Add a can of diced tomatos, drizzzle with 1 tbls. olive oil, bake for about 30 minutes (350 degrees). 10 minutes before the 30 minutes is up, place a 1/2 pat of laughing cow cheese on top of chicken and bake for the last 10 minutes. This recipe also is good with fish. I have also added a can of black beans with the diced tomatos. Yummy!!
  • CallmeKellie
    Options
    Excellent thread! I love it!
  • etroupe
    etroupe Posts: 54
    Options
    Bump! thanks : )
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    Bump....looooooooooooooove Laughing Cow
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    10 Minute Tuna Noodle Casserole - 415 Calories

I absolutely LOVE tuna noodle casserole! But I havnen't had it in forever... plus it was never so good on the wasteline... Playing around in the kitchen on my lunch break this afternoon and made this awesome lunch! And I like it better than the origional :), and it is soooo much healthier for you!

Ingredients:
    2 oz Whole Wheat Ronzoni
    1 individual pouch tuna in water
    2 wedges laughing cow swiss cheese
    1 TBS Wal-mart brand Reduced fat Parmesan cheese
    1 slice 35 calorie whole wheat bread
    Garlic powder, Mrs. Dash, Black pepper, Italian Seasonings and Rosemary to taste

Directions:
    1. Boil the noodles. (Tastes amazing if you boil them in chicken broth... but will add some sodium)
    2. While the noodles were boiling I toasted a piece of the the 35 calorie bread on the highest setting in the toaster... then crunched it up into breadcrumbs... This was still good... but couldn't get it quite as crunchy as I would have liked all the way through-out... It might be easier for you to make bread crumbs ahead of time... by baking on 325 for about 20 min... then putting in a food processor to crunch up with italian seasonings and rosemary.
    3. If you by the mini Ronzoni it shoudl cook to al dente in about 7 minutes... I like my pasta a little mushier than that so cooked it for longer
    4. Drain the pasta, add a little water so the cheese will spread better, smoosh the laughing cow cheese so that it will melt faster and add to the pain, keep stirring.
    5. Add your spices to taste, and top with your bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.

Bon Appetite!
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    bump
  • deannarey13
    deannarey13 Posts: 452
    Options
    OH YUM!!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • DebLee
    DebLee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno Poppers

sliced jalapenos in half and remove all the seeds
    Stuff the pepper with any Laughing cow cheese
    After all are stuffed, spray jalapeno once with I can't believe its not butter spray and roll in ground Fiber One cereal.
    Place on a cookie sheet.
    Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. The longer they bake, the hotter the jalapeno will be.
    The best is Chipotle Laughing Cow.

Estimate:
    2 small jalapeno peppers
    1 laughing Cow wedge divided into 4
    About 17 calories per each half

I make these all summer long as long as my jalapeno plant is producing peppers.
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump Thanks everyone!