Mommy Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    lovecola06...I am SO looking forward to the weekend. I'm with you - going to watch very closely what I eat so I can have a lost for Mondays weight in.

I hope everyone is having a great day - I know I am. I've had a great food day and I look forward to getting home so I can work out and spend time with my lil lady. She's too funny. She will stand in front of the TV and do my work out with me - kinda cute.

Have a great rest of the day :drinker:
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I REALLY REALLY REALLY want the Jillian Micheals 30 DAY shred- but as always $ is an issue.

the workout video was On Demand under Exercise TV in case you have access to it :)
  • mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 2 of Chalene Extreme....highly recommend it!!!!!!
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Feeling very unmotivated today. Just tired from 2 weeks of bad sleep with my kids. Ugh.

Must. Do. It.
  • angelacasey736
    angelacasey736 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies!
    I did Day 1 of my JM 30 day shred dvd last night - whew! Today is the first day i wasnt able to get to the gym in the morning but i look forward to my lunch time workout and day 2 of JM tonight. I wish all of you great sucess this month.....we can do it!!!

what do you think of jillian? it was tough for me to get through but it def gave results.
    Welp, i completed day 2 last night. Tonight will be day 3. This may sound crazy but even day 2 was slightly easier to get down all those jumping jacks. So far i enjoy it - and i will really like if i get the results :-) With regards to stress eating......i am a big offender of that. After being VERY disciplined for 5 weeks - i have yet to faulter .....becuase i have found when i get stressed
    i walk now instead of eat. I have a 7 year old, and 18 month old, and a 36 year old husband (who tends to equate to a kid at times) hahah - so i leave him with the kids and walk for an hour - there is nothing better than pounding the pavement to some great music and you feel so much better when your done as opposed to how you feel after eating something you know you shouldnt have!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Good morning....have a great friday mommies...lets make little changes through our day to get us to our goal!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies. hope everyone has had a successfull first week. i wanted to let you know i will be at the beach for the next week so i wont log again until june 13th. you can use my weight for today for the monday june 6 log..... ready.... :0( 171.3. i started at 170.7. so boo. my weight fluctuates ab 1- 2 pounds from day to day so whatever, i am not too disappointed but i am going to be exercising and making health concious choices while we are on vacation. so i hope i can log a few pounds of loss when i return.
  • Amanda421
    Options
    sorry double post
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies. hope everyone has had a successfull first week. i wanted to let you know i will be at the beach for the next week so i wont log again until june 13th. you can use my weight for today for the monday june 6 log..... ready.... :0( 171.3. i started at 170.7. so boo. my weight fluctuates ab 1- 2 pounds from day to day so whatever, i am not too disappointed but i am going to be exercising and making health concious choices while we are on vacation. so i hope i can log a few pounds of loss when i return.

Have fun at the beach!
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    For the past couple of months, I've had a love/hate relationship with weekends. I love the time away from work, Time with my family! but Hate the business and no schedule per say and discipline that I have during the week. But I think I have finally gotten it down and it's PREPARE-PREPARE-PREPARE!!!
    Just like last night, I had my daughters softball game, didn't take any snacks with me (usually have some fruit or almonds on hand) was starving and the 1st game wasn't over so I went to the concessions stand and got a bag of fritos (ate half the small bag) then we go to Pizza Hut afterwards and by that time my sugar had spiked so high, I downed a cheesestick and a slice of pepperoni pizza :( So needless to say, I was on the dreadmill :grumble: at 10:30 last night!
    This weekend my son has a baseball tournament and i'm already planning what I'm taking with me!

Happy Friday!!
  • angelacasey736
    Options
    Good Morning Mommies!
    I did Day 1 of my JM 30 day shred dvd last night - whew! Today is the first day i wasnt able to get to the gym in the morning but i look forward to my lunch time workout and day 2 of JM tonight. I wish all of you great sucess this month.....we can do it!!!

Angela, how are you liking 30 day shred? I lifted weights at the gym but suspended my membership for the summer. I'm looking for an effective strength training routine at home.

I am feeling really good today! Yesterday was a good food day for me - I'm hoping today will be too :smile:

:flowerforyou: Happy June 1st Ladies :flowerforyou:
    Hi there! So far so good. I did day 3 last night and it definitely gets a little easier each time so i am hoping to get more intense as i hit the next level. I definitely like the fact that it is only 20 mins - with two kids - i need all the time i can get to burn those calories :-)
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    can i suggest to all my mommy challenge friends to put up pics of kids on your profile so we can tell each other apart from the other friends... :)
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    For the past couple of months, I've had a love/hate relationship with weekends. I love the time away from work, Time with my family! but Hate the business and no schedule per say and discipline that I have during the week. But I think I have finally gotten it down and it's PREPARE-PREPARE-PREPARE!!!
    Just like last night, I had my daughters softball game, didn't take any snacks with me (usually have some fruit or almonds on hand) was starving and the 1st game wasn't over so I went to the concessions stand and got a bag of fritos (ate half the small bag) then we go to Pizza Hut afterwards and by that time my sugar had spiked so high, I downed a cheesestick and a slice of pepperoni pizza :( So needless to say, I was on the dreadmill :grumble: at 10:30 last night!
    This weekend my son has a baseball tournament and i'm already planning what I'm taking with me!

Happy Friday!!

I know the feeling. When my routine gets off, that's when I fail. It's so frustrating. I'm trying to maintain my routine, or at least my habits throughout this month to see if that really makes a difference. I've been up and down the same 5 lbs for 7 months straight! And I know that weekends are generally to blame for that. Grrr....
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    So I did it- I broke down and bought the 30 day Shred DVD last night. I rarely buy anything for me and this is something that I really wanted.
    I must say i didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. From the posts and reviews I read I thought I would be screaming at her wanting to kill her- um not so much. There were some moments when I was gritting my teeth and counting down the seconds until the exercise was over, but not that many. I will say that I got a little break after circuit 2 to breastfeed Ava (about 10 minutes and then Ava was back asleep and I was kicking butt again).
    I will also say that my arms were KILLING me on the shower afterwards- washing my hair was NOT fun!!!!!
    I wish there was more cardio- I'm a cardio junkie so I would have liked 3 minutes of cardio in each circuit.

But . . . I love it and will be there tomorrow at 5:30am doing it again!
  • dietfree2012
    Options

Happy Friday!!

good plan!!! i think planning will make weekends enjoyable again!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    can i suggest to all my mommy challenge friends to put up pics of kids on your profile so we can tell each other apart from the other friends... :)

i couldnt find one with me and the boys so i just put one of the boys up! thanks for the idea..its awesome!
  • dietfree2012
    Options

have an awesome time!
  • sgarner2005
    sgarner2005 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If I am counting right, I am on day 20 of the 30 Day Shred. I have not missed a day. Tomorrow I will move to level 3. SCARY!!!!

I quickly measured myself last night and if I remember right, I think I am at almost 2 inches off my waist! SO, for those of you starting........DO IT!!!!!!!

Here's a FUNNY----

I was telling my daughter (who is 5) that I couldn't believe how tan she was getting already. She looks at me and says...

"Mommy, I look like Natalie from your exercise video!!!"

I was CRACKING UP that she knew the name of the ladies on my exercise video, not just Jillian! Too funny!!
  • angelacasey736
    Options
    First - I hope all our moms are doing great so far!

Question, being mothers - and i myself work full time and have two - what do you ladies do for eating? I have come to the (what should have been obvious!) revelation that i go for the quick/easy prepared meals and it has come to my attention that i have been consuming waaaaayy too much sodium. It is very difficult to spend a ton of time in the kitchen to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 7 nights a week so tend to rely heavily on 100 calorie snack packs, veggies, and weight watchers meals/desserts. Although i have been doing well so far i realized out of 5 weeks, the week where i lost 5 lbs was my lowest week in sodium.....never put two and two together until reading some posts recently. So i was curious how you all tackle eating the right things and being mommies!!
    Thanks in advance:flowerforyou:
  • Amanda421
    Options
    angelacasey- keep it as fresh as you can...fruits., veggies, meats, and then for snacks or anything you have to use that is not fresh- keep check on the sodium and make the best choice possible.