INSANITY: Starting Memorial Day

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to do the Cardio recovery session today but i assumed it would be more chilled so I decided against that as I didnt have a massive gym sess yesterday. Is there Cardio Recovery session less intense??

Cardio Recovery is less intense, but you still have plank work to get through. It's a good overall stretch and core workout and is still important.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm alrighty in the 3rd week of insanity, but i'm still joining in with you! =D
  • daveelamp
    daveelamp Posts: 43
    Options
    cool. thanks for the info. think il do the cardio recovery tomoro morning then hit the kettlebells in the evening. think i need to get a HRM, especially for the interval training. :)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I want to get in 2 days of Strength Training & 2 days of Running each week while doing Insanity. I did Plyo Cardio Circuit yesterday along with my run. Not sure which days are best to add ST and Running...

Which DVDs should I pair my ST and Running with?
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting it, it's a great program I am 1 1/2 weeks away from finishing it, then I'm going to do 3 days of random insanity workouts a week and 3 days of c25k.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Just found this thread.. I actually started memorial day as well.. Well, actually we did the fit test sunday and our first workout on memorial.. Today is Day 3... Looking forward to it!! Bring is Shawn T.. Bring it!
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Do you follow the nutrition plan when you do Insanity
    Karenborter just started her P90X and Insanity hybrid as well. I'll be keeping my carbs around 100 grams a day. Both programs are basicly lower carb, so that's what I'm doing. I've been doing better with watching my carbs and sugar. I will revisit the Insanity food suggestions, but you know we all have our favorites.

Looking at this.. how do you only eat 100 g of carbs a day.. I guess what are you eating rather? Just out of curiousity b/c I'd like to scale back on my carb intake but am clueless what to eat.. I work out alot in addition to insanity so need to eat alot of cals... Any ideas would be appreciated... ;) thanks
  • edorice
    Options
    Looking at this.. how do you only eat 100 g of carbs a day.. I guess what are you eating rather? Just out of curiousity b/c I'd like to scale back on my carb intake but am clueless what to eat.. I work out alot in addition to insanity so need to eat alot of cals... Any ideas would be appreciated... ;) thanks

A nutrition guide came with the workout if you bought if from Beachbody or a Beachbody coach. insanity uses primarily high protein. To achieve this I use protein shakes, raw almonds, eggs, chicken, etc.
  • mgg312
    mgg312 Posts: 9
    Options
    I would love to join ya'll I just started today and want to get rib of the wonderful flab my 4 month old left on me :)

Fit Test:

Switch kicks- 64
    Power Jacks- 45
    Power Knees- 70
    Power Jumps- 30
    Globe Jumps- 10
    Suicide Jumps- 10
    Push Up Jacks- 20
    Low Plank Oblique- 35
  • loveme445
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Did Cardio Power today....having a hard time with those moving push ups :grumble:
  • edorice
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Did Cardio Power today....having a hard time with those moving push ups :grumble:

Yep, I still can't stand those moving push-ups and the plank work. But it all works together to get a great mid-section.
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Cardio Recovery this morning and I just finished a lunch hour run on the treadmill. First week is going well.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Today kicked off our fit test. I pulled the results from last June's very first fit test and there is a lot of improvement in some areas, especially in my jumps.

________________TODAY___LAST JUNE
    SWITCH KICKS______54_______53
    POWER JACKS______62_______51
    POWER KNEES______84_______71
    POWER JUMPS______45_______19
    GLOBE JUMPS________9_______8
    SUICIDE JUMPS______14______12
    PUSH-UP JACKS_____24_______ 9
    LOW PLANK OBLIQUE_54______ 40
    now that is impressive! I was just checking in on your group :happy:
  • daveelamp
    daveelamp Posts: 43
    Options
    We did Cardio Recovery this morning and I just finished a lunch hour run on the treadmill. First week is going well.

wow ur working really hard :) keep it up!!
  • loveme445
    Options
    Completed Cardio Recovery Today
  • edorice
    Options
    We just finished Pure Cardio. That was brutal. It wasn't my best performance, but I'm glad I got through it.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    We just finished Pure Cardio. That was brutal. It wasn't my best performance, but I'm glad I got through it.

Pure Cardio gave me a beating this morning! The muscles just above my knees have been so incredibly sore that doing some moves has been a challenge, but it was a great feeling to get through the workout today. You know it's good when Sean T. even says that he's scared! Lovin' Insanity!!!
  • edorice
    Options
    If this is you're first time on Insanity, I recommend taking a joint support supplement or Aleve gel caps. They can be your best friend.
  • loveme445
    Options
    Been out the house all day so I just finished Pure Cardio. WOW, that was a workout...Warm-up my butt, my heart rate was up to 175. Pure Cardio kicked my butt and I LOVED IT!!! This is my fav DVD so far :smile:

Edorice-Thanks for the advice! I'll look into it. What protein powder do you recommend?
  • edorice
    Options
    Edorice-Thanks for the advice! I'll look into it. What protein powder do you recommend?

I just bought a 4 pound tub of Nu-Tek Pro 5 banana flavored protein. I love it so far. It has about 145 calories per scoop, 32 grams protein, and 2 carbs. Two carbs!!! I was buying Jay Robb protein, but it is more expensive.