5`2/5`3 women success stories?

Options

Replies

• Twisty6
    Twisty6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! You have the same stats as me add me as a friend if you like. X
    Hi, I'm 5ft 3 and - 149 lbs - first goal weight is 125lbs. I only started on Saturday so have no losses to post as yet. As long as I can give up my wine I will be fine. I do weights with a kettle bell and do squats and crunches.

Would love some support and motivation so will keep reading. Good luck all xxxx

• aquariusxx110
    aquariusxx110 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started!!

I am 5'3 and currently weight 149lbs. My goal (for now) is 110.

Feel free to add me :)
  • ClumsyBuffalo
    ClumsyBuffalo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm 5'2. I managed to lose 31lbs in 2012-2013 taking me to 126lbs but went back to my bingey ways and gained 27lbs back in 2014!
    Back on the case now and have lost 17lbs so far I'm hoping to reach 126lbs by christmas. Feel free to add me :)
  • hollen_carol
    hollen_carol Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :)
    I am 5'3" and 52 years old. I started January 20th of this year (2015) and have taken off 39.5 pounds so far. My first goal was 138 but when I got there I found that my belly was still pudgy so I'm going down now to new goal of 128. I am only 5.5 pounds away from that and I can tell I will probably have to lose more to be happy with my tummy because I want it to be flat. But, I'm not changing the goal number again until I get there. I currently lift every other day and try to do at least 2 hours of cardio per week at the gym. I have been doing cardio since March and lifting since May. I try to eat at a deficit to 1200 or so calories a day but I don't weigh so I know I'm not perfectly accurate and most likely eating too much. Hopefully I will be satisfied with my body soon because I would really love to start maintenance soon. Good luck to you all!
  • kerryisabel
    kerryisabel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well to start off i am 5'2.5 and i started losing weight about 3 years ago. At my heaviest i was 218lbs (in high school) i started my weight loss journey by walking 4.0miles a day. i barely did any diets, i guess i just slowley started eating less because of the exercise. i did however stop drinking sodas and juice. after about a year i got down to 180lbs. then i joined the gym and did an hour on the treadmill and half hour on the eliptical. i did this for about 8 months and i went down to 150lbs. during the winter of this year i was unemployed and couldnt afford the gym anymore , so i had alot of time on my hands. i ended up gaining 10lbs, so i am currently at 160lbs. I am trying to eat less this time around and avoid junk food, which i love. i am also trying to walk more after work. even though i'm a dental assistant and i stand all day, but thats not enough, i still need to be more active to lose weight. my goal for now is 130lbs. :smile:
  • NatalieHowe1988
    NatalieHowe1988 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading these posts! I'm quite new here! Only just 5'2 and now 124lbs lost 3lbs the last couple of weeks, trying to count calories and on 1340. I would like to get down to 120, I don't remember the last time I was that weight! I have a 4 year old and I'm not doing any real exercise during these summer holidays! Feel free to add x
  • ginger90
    ginger90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ginger90
    ginger90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    5'2" here too! I started at my heaviest at about 160lbs and am down 40lbs to 120lbs in 10 months. I'm focusing on losing 10 more pounds and building muscle but I feel like my life has completely changed. I was so depressed before and now I feel great and comfortable in my own skin. I absolutely agree that lifting is important as well as cardio. Cardio can help you be in a calorie deficit and help speed up your metabolism but the weight training is what will really help reshape your body so you have lean muscle not just "skinny fat". Here are some before and afters of me.

th9lc6gptoq4.jpg

Great Job. I love your arms.
    I started body pump classes this May and feel more confident.
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I glad I found this thread also. I am 5'2, and currently weigh 228lbs. Not my heaviest since just a few months ago I was 244 lbs. I gained most of my weight during my 4 pregnancies and haven't seemed to get under 220 since my last daughter was born in 2009. However, that is due to my own lack of motivation and self confidence. I do have PCOS and my doctors have told me that without gastric bypass it would be almost impossible for me to loose the weight on my own. I am here to prove them wrong and to change my life for good. Add me if you all would like. We all need the motivation and encouragement no matter how much we need to loose. We all are here to reach the same end goal and that is to be there best that we see for ourselves.

I just LOVE proving people wrong! You can do it!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    5'2" here too! I started at my heaviest at about 160lbs and am down 40lbs to 120lbs in 10 months. I'm focusing on losing 10 more pounds and building muscle but I feel like my life has completely changed. I was so depressed before and now I feel great and comfortable in my own skin. I absolutely agree that lifting is important as well as cardio. Cardio can help you be in a calorie deficit and help speed up your metabolism but the weight training is what will really help reshape your body so you have lean muscle not just "skinny fat". Here are some before and afters of me.

Truly a great job. I like how both cardio and weight training worked for you.

• Rhiennam
    Rhiennam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Not a success story yet, but you guys are inspiring. I am 5'2 and 155lbs. Started my journey with MFP today and added exercise. My goal right now is to get down to my prebaby weight of 135. Add me!! Need a team :)
  • thinwithinimagine
    thinwithinimagine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I am 5 feet, 2.5 inches. My heaviest ever was 163 last fall. Now I'm about 150. The before and after pics are inspiring! Thanks to all who posted them! Us petite women change shape drastically w a 20 lb loss. I am motivated to push on to goal of 130. I'm 50 years young!
  • PS1959
    PS1959 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    5'2" 165 lbs- I started at 180 lbs--then stopped in March & and today restarting. Goal is to be around 125 LBS--so I have a ways to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!